The Great Movie Ride Projects/Announcements

spacemt354

Chili's
I'll probably drop the first challenge a couple days early around 6/29-7/1 and then go weekly from there. Will have an official sign up and discussion thread set up this week to formalize that and then will post the framework, schedule here, tidbits of info, etc here
@jyn erso if you're looking to get involved in some imagineering comps you might be interested in this:)

CraniumCommand89

I'll probably drop the first challenge a couple days early around 6/29-7/1 and then go weekly from there. Will have an official sign up and discussion thread set up this week to formalize that and then will post the framework, schedule here, tidbits of info, etc here
Excellent. Very much excited to get back into a fun competition like this.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
A little outline for how the season will be laid out and what to expect.
Planning for first project due date to be 7/8/17 at midnight and then every Saturday at midnight there after.
So midnight PST 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12 and then the final project tentatively due Tue 8/22 at midnight. This way we can get reviews/updates/etc out on the Sunday after and next week project out in plenty of time. If everyone is just chomping at the bit to start earlier, we can throw an additional project in there, but as of now that is the plan.

WEEKLY RESULTS
In keeping with the movie theme, the overall award each week will be titled as the Best Picture Award with points placing for 1st, 2nd and then 2 3rd place teams. This will be the traditional project as a whole award (idea, presentation, functionality, art, etc.)
In addition there are 2 other planned awards each week to keep with the movie theme, but also to reward some of the outstanding work that gets churned out here regularly, but doesn't always when a best project award. This will also keep the points race interesting as teams that don't necessarily finish first overall may have a really killer feature of their project that nets them another award.
Best original screenplay - This will be based solely on one of the finer details of these projects, the write up. How have you told the story, does it evoke the right imagery, grammer, etc. Sometimes less is more with written word but either way, this will reward those presentations that are spot on when it comes to painting a picture of what's being presented.
Best art direction - This will be for best overall original artwork (pen, pencil, crayon, markers, paint, graphic art, etc.). Stock photos are great, but I always think one of the things that amazes me about the work on this forum is all of the creativity when it comes to the original artwork produced.
It's entirely possible that one team could sweep these awards but the opportunity is there to nab an additional award if your idea doesn't quite win the shiny gold statue.

TRAILER TUESDAY
This will be a mid-week competition along the lines of the One Sentence Competition
A prompt will be sent out early Tuesday morning (or late Monday) and you will be tasked (if you choose) with providing a 3 sentence proposal for a new movie based on the prompt. The prompt will generally apply to the theme of the week and I hope you have some fun with this.
Will accept up to 3 proposals from each team (1 per person). All entries will be given points with 1 entry chosen by Studio execs to greenlight for production (a bonus for that team).
This will be a good way to earn some extra points for your team, but also for anyone not 100% available to work a great deal on the project to still contribute.

This is all mainly to keep some structure to the season and keep with the theme so hope you enjoy. As has been stated, if you are swamped for a week here and there, take that time. the teams are large enough to carry on and above all this is meant to be a fun, relaxed competition.

See you all at the movies!

spacemt354

Chili's
summerofgeorge.png

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Quick update:
Before shooting began, the writers decided to rewrite a scene and beef/change it up a bit. As a result the shooting schedule has been altered to make sure there is enough time to get the shot in. In other words, first project will still be due 7/8, but will definitely plan to drop the first challenge in a week to give you a few extra days as I've switched the order of 2 scenes since it will require a little more work then the other scenes except the finale (its all @David2319 fault).

On a side note, the official soundtrack of the GMR will be available in stores nowhere on Friday.
1. Act a fool
2. That's A'more
3. Mr Roboto
4. Umbrella
5. Aint no Mountain High Enough
6. Hotel California
7. Respect

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Quick update:
Before shooting began, the writers decided to rewrite a scene and beef/change it up a bit. As a result the shooting schedule has been altered to make sure there is enough time to get the shot in. In other words, first project will still be due 7/8, but will definitely plan to drop the first challenge in a week to give you a few extra days as I've switched the order of 2 scenes since it will require a little more work then the other scenes except the finale (its all @David2319 fault).

On a side note, the official soundtrack of the GMR will be available in stores nowhere on Friday.
1. Act a fool
2. That's A'more
3. Mr Roboto
4. Umbrella
5. Aint no Mountaint High Enough
6. Hotel California
7. Respect
This entire competition is my fault:oops::p.
Counting down the days!

Suchomimus

Quick update:
This entire competition is my fault:oops::p.
Counting down the days!

zxrBsY.gif

FigmentPigments

Quick update:

1. Act a fool
2. That's A'more
3. Mr Roboto
4. Umbrella
5. Aint no Mountaint High Enough
6. Hotel California
7. Respect
I'm ready!
PopularSimilarBull.gif

Poe Dameron

A little outline for how the season will be laid out and what to expect.
Planning for first project due date to be 7/8/17 at midnight and then every Saturday at midnight there after.
So midnight PST 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12 and then the final project tentatively due Tue 8/22 at midnight. This way we can get reviews/updates/etc out on the Sunday after and next week project out in plenty of time. If everyone is just chomping at the bit to start earlier, we can throw an additional project in there, but as of now that is the plan.

WEEKLY RESULTS
In keeping with the movie theme, the overall award each week will be titled as the Best Picture Award with points placing for 1st, 2nd and then 2 3rd place teams. This will be the traditional project as a whole award (idea, presentation, functionality, art, etc.)
In addition there are 2 other planned awards each week to keep with the movie theme, but also to reward some of the outstanding work that gets churned out here regularly, but doesn't always when a best project award. This will also keep the points race interesting as teams that don't necessarily finish first overall may have a really killer feature of their project that nets them another award.
Best original screenplay - This will be based solely on one of the finer details of these projects, the write up. How have you told the story, does it evoke the right imagery, grammer, etc. Sometimes less is more with written word but either way, this will reward those presentations that are spot on when it comes to painting a picture of what's being presented.
Best art direction - This will be for best overall original artwork (pen, pencil, crayon, markers, paint, graphic art, etc.). Stock photos are great, but I always think one of the things that amazes me about the work on this forum is all of the creativity when it comes to the original artwork produced.
It's entirely possible that one team could sweep these awards but the opportunity is there to nab an additional award if your idea doesn't quite win the shiny gold statue.

TRAILER TUESDAY
This will be a mid-week competition along the lines of the One Sentence Competition
A prompt will be sent out early Tuesday morning (or late Monday) and you will be tasked (if you choose) with providing a 3 sentence proposal for a new movie based on the prompt. The prompt will generally apply to the theme of the week and I hope you have some fun with this.
Will accept up to 3 proposals from each team (1 per person). All entries will be given points with 1 entry chosen by Studio execs to greenlight for production (a bonus for that team).
This will be a good way to earn some extra points for your team, but also for anyone not 100% available to work a great deal on the project to still contribute.

This is all mainly to keep some structure to the season and keep with the theme so hope you enjoy. As has been stated, if you are swamped for a week here and there, take that time. the teams are large enough to carry on and above all this is meant to be a fun, relaxed competition.

See you all at the movies!
I am ready for this.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
*******Casting Call**********

We are still in need of a few guest judges if there are any Simon Cowell wannabees itching to look over some really talented presentations.
Have a great guest judge lined up for 7/23 but would love to get any additional feedback as possible for the 7 weeks. I can tell with the group here it's going to be a challenging but fun task.
PM if you have any questions, etc
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom