1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Movie Ride: Final Show!

Discussion in 'Photography and Video' started by JJFilmCo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. JJFilmCo

JJFilmCo New Member

Yesterday after many hours of driving and lots of anticipation, my family and I arrived at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Thanks to the wonderful Disney customer service, we were given a Multiple Experience fastpass so we could bypass the 100+ minute line for The Great Movie Ride. I brought my Sony a6000 and decided to record it. Below I will leave the link to the video so fellow fans of this ride can re-live it over and over again.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsnZwd-7hAGNEIRTPt35bHQ

2. claire.themovierider

claire.themovierider New Member

I'm so sad they closed the Great Movie Ride. Without the great movie ride there would be no Hollywood studios because Michael Eisner came up with the idea for the ride and was going to make a Hollywood themed pavilion in Epcot then he decided to rival Universal Studios and turned it into a whole park. The Great Movie Ride has a lot of sentimental value for me and plenty of other people, they shouldn't have just closed it with such short notice especially for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, the name is as unappealing as the animation in the Mickey Mouse shorts. Again, I am not happy what so ever.

3. JJFilmCo

JJFilmCo New Member Original Poster

I totally understand what you're saying. Disney usually doesn't fail so hopefully this Mickey and Minnie ride will be a good predecessor or else they'll probably hear it haha.

4. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed your video.

5. ddbowdoin

ddbowdoin Well-Known Member

Super sad... man, I hate missing the end of these classic attractions!