The Great Movie Ride Competition Discussion

D Hulk

Ah awesome!! As for the teams, Disney Dad has it set up where you can pick your own teams. While these aren't finalized, I summed up what we have so far based on prior chatter, and I gave them intern team names based on how they've formed..the actual names will probably be what Disney Dad assigns.

The Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff names were from The House Cup last year, and people had mentioned wanting to work with each other again, so anyone on those teams from last year I had put together - with the * for anyone who hasn't confirmed but was on that team before.

For the 'Dunder Mifflin' team my goal for that is to have as many new players as possible! I think that'll be a fun challenge to have them all together and be able to have them grow together over the course of the season. And then there is a 4th team slot is available if a lot of people are interested and the teams become overcrowded, but luckily we have some time to sort all that out.

So long story short -- you can pick whichever team you want basically!:)

"Ravenclaw"

@tcool123
@David2319
@Poe Dameron
@QuillPenn
@DlpPhantom
@Angels and Disney's

"Hufflepuff"
@FigmentPigments
@mickeyfan5534
@kmbmw777 (*)
@The90skid (*)

"Dunder Mifflin"
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354
@jyn erso
@AceAstro
@Coasterninja (*)

"Possible 4th Team"

--------------------------- Not matched yet:
@gonzoWDW
@StevenU
@CraniumCommand89
@D Hindley
@ThatGuyFromFlorida
Great reply!

Could I request a slot in Hufflepuff?

spacemt354

Chili's
Great reply!

Could I request a slot in Hufflepuff?
Sweet!:D I'll update the running tab for Disney Dad - and welcome back Flippin!:)

"Ravenclaw"

@tcool123
@David2319
@Poe Dameron
@QuillPenn
@DlpPhantom
@Angels and Disney's

"Hufflepuff"
@FigmentPigments
@mickeyfan5534
@kmbmw777
@The90skid (*)
@Flippin'Flounder
@D Hindley

"Dunder Mifflin"
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354
@jyn erso
@AceAstro
@Coasterninja (*)
@CraniumCommand89

"Possible 4th Team"

@gonzoWDW
@StevenU
@ThatGuyFromFlorida

StevenU

Sweet!:D I'll update the running tab for Disney Dad - and welcome back Flippin!:)

"Ravenclaw"

@tcool123
@David2319
@Poe Dameron
@QuillPenn
@DlpPhantom
@Angels and Disney's

"Hufflepuff"
@FigmentPigments
@mickeyfan5534
@kmbmw777
@The90skid (*)
@Flippin'Flounder
@D Hindley

"Dunder Mifflin"
@MonorailRed
@spacemt354
@jyn erso
@AceAstro
@Coasterninja (*)
@CraniumCommand89

"Possible 4th Team"

@gonzoWDW
@StevenU
@ThatGuyFromFlorida
Could I join the new people team? Dunder-Mifflin:happy: That would be the best place for me to start!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Sounds like this won't start until next month, well after the Tournament o' Champions is concluded (and hopefully I've recovered). And while I'll be possibly hosting a different comp on a different website...sure, I'd have a blast being a part of this. I love the movies @Disney Dad 3000 used in his preview, especially TGTBATU (one of my personal top 5 or so), and it sounds this comp shouldn't be too time intensive. :p

Which teams are we all on?

First challenge will drop by end of the month (probably few days before)with due date of 7/8. I'll post an outline of everything. If everyone is available and just chomping at the bit may sneak an extra week in.
Your schedule should work fine. With teams at 6, you'll have plenty of backup and the challenges are not too intensive (i.e. Not creating major lands every week) and mostly solo concepts that teams can knock out and concentrate mostly on details. Also allows for summer travel and allow folks to do other competitions like SYWTBAI, etc

TheOriginalTiki

That'd be awesome!

And @TheOriginalTiki too! (fun fact was actually on Ravenclaw for Year 2:bookworm:)

I'd love to play, but I'm also going to be very engaged with "United Universal" as well as a current rebranding project we have going on for our Youtube channel. That being said if someone wants to come on with me as a co-host I'd be more than happy to do project-by-project recaps on the podcast! :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd love to play, but I'm also going to be very engaged with "United Universal" as well as a current rebranding project we have going on for our Youtube channel. That being said if someone wants to come on with me as a co-host I'd be more than happy to do project-by-project recaps on the podcast! :)
It's very flexible from what Disney Dad was describing so even a small role I think would be fine! It'd be fun to have everyone in the community together!

MonorailRed

Applebees
First challenge will drop by end of the month (probably few days before)with due date of 7/8. I'll post an outline of everything. If everyone is available and just chomping at the bit may sneak an extra week in.
Your schedule should work fine. With teams at 6, you'll have plenty of backup and the challenges are not too intensive (i.e. Not creating major lands every week) and mostly solo concepts that teams can knock out and concentrate mostly on details. Also allows for summer travel and allow folks to do other competitions like SYWTBAI, etc
I think we have 7 people on Dunder Mifflin now:bookworm:...was 6 per team an absolute number?

spacemt354

Chili's
Hold on, let me check the GMR rulebook

:hilarious:
687474703a2f2f7777772e717569636b6d656d652e636f6d2f696d672f62662f626635323433646463336261393834356331306464306339373137316166383562636465636231323438373066623335333530313232623862366131373263372e6a7067

StevenU

If you do this, I'll work on Universal brainstorming with you:happy: I have some ideas from the Universal park a few of us were designing that might help yours. Deal?

TheOriginalTiki

If you do this, I'll work on Universal brainstorming with you:happy: I have some ideas from the Universal park a few of us were designing that might help yours. Deal?

Haha, I guess I can't say no to that. Uniting Universal is still trying to find its footing and can use all the help it can get in the coming rounds. Alright, can't guarantee how active I'll be but I'm in! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom