Pre-Trip The Graduation Celebrations/Mom Turns 50/Mother's Day Extravaganza Pre-Trip Report!

Helloooo Humans!

I have a nasty history of doing pre-trip reports and never actually writing a trip report about the trip! I may eventually get around to writing one for my disneymoon (which was amazing!) but time will tell :rolleyes: You can read the pre-trip report for that here!

Buckle up for a whole lot of background information! This trip has become a beast of its own. Originally, my husband (Dillon), myself, my brother, and my mom were the only ones going on this trip. Dillon and I bought into DVC last year and were giving this trip to the two of them as my brother's high school graduation present and my mom's 50th birthday and Mother's Day present! As more of my family heard about our trip they all wanted to tag along! We didn't have enough points to accommodate everyone since we used quite a few on our honeymoon but now my little sister and dad will be joining us! My aunt, uncle, and cousin will also being making an appearance as they planned their trip around when we would be there. So our trip went from planning for 4 to planning for 9!

This gang has been going to Disney together for a longg time, although my husband has never gone with any of my family so this will be a first for him. When I would go to Disney with my family, it was always my immediate family (I also have an older sister who isn't coming) with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. We haven't all gone together since 2014 so this will be fun! Out of everyone, I currently am the one who goes to Disney the most and this will be my 5 trip in a year! Ready to meet everyone? Ok, great!

Dillon and I on our honeymoon in December 2016
honey_zps24q2slow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
honey_zps24q2slow.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
honey_zps24q2slow.jpg

My brother, Vinny, me, and my mom on our most recent trip in July/August 2016
fam_zpsxbjxjogs.jpg

My cousin, Lizz @HornsofaSteer, and I in June 2016
IMG_0211_zpsd9plhibb.jpg

Lizz, my sister, Franny, Me, and Vinny on our cousin trip in June 2015
cousins_zpskivty8g6.jpg

And finalllyy, my aunt, Lizz, Franny, Vinny, my mom, me, and my dad on our most recent family trip in 2014. The only one I don't seem to have a picture of is my uncle!
family_zps6md97ui0.jpg

Last edited:

piglet21

Original Poster
Now that I've answered the "Who" let's get into the "When", "Where", and "Why"!

When: For my aunt, uncle, and Lizz: May 9 - May 16
For mom, dad, Franny, and Vinny: May 11 - May 16
For Dillon and I: May 11 - May 17

Where: For my aunt, uncle, and Lizz: Pop Century
For my mom & dad: Coronado Springs, then Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village
For Franny, Vinny, Dillon, and I: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Why: My mom is turning 50 on May 8th, Mother's Day is May 14th, Vinny is graduating high school and will be valedictorian of his class, and I'm graduating with my M.A. May 20th! So it's a birthday/Mother's Day/graduation celebration trip!! Stay tuned for the details :)

amjt660

Premium Member
Helloooo Humans!

Lizz, my sister, Franny, Me, and Vinny on our cousin trip in June 2015
cousins_zpskivty8g6.jpg
Great start
I am trying to resist but I can't....

You just used your brother's name and the word cousin in the same sentence.....
upload_2017-3-22_17-45-13.png

So you and your brother will just be two yoots having fun at WDW....:eek:

(If you don't get the reference ask your mom or dad)

Following along

Max

piglet21

Original Poster
Today's been an exciting morning! Dillon and I are DVC Members and my mom, Vinny, Dillon, and I are AP holders so we all got emails for the preview of Pandora! The DVC previews are from 9am - 11am from May 13 - May 22 and you were able to book one slot per member, so Dillon and I both booked for our family! We'll be adventuring May 13 and May 16 so if you'll be there look out for our crew and say Hi!! Dill and I also booked ourselves with the AP preview on May 16 from 6-8pm so again, if you see us say hi! :D

While this is exciting it also just threw a wrench in our plans so I'm off to rearrange on MDE.... but yay!!

amjt660

Premium Member
Not a huge fan of Avatar (have watched it twice) but I expect to be a huge fan of Pandora at AK
I am glad you will be able to experience it first hand

(trying really hard to not sound jelly - not sure if it is working :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom