The good and the bad

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
Hello . My family and I just got back from 6 days at Disney and I have a few food observations that I would like to share . 1) Do not eat at Ray's starlite cafe it was awful . 2) Pizzasafari was great the kids loved it .3) Hollywood & Vine was good , but not as good as I felt my 100.00 was worth .

These of course are just the opinions of me and my family .

Pioneer Hall

I think Cosmic Ray's is pretty good, you have to go in there expecting what you are getting. It is one of the most popular counter service places in all of WDW. It has standard theme park food and better environment than most other counter service places give you.

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
i dont agree

I am sorry but I was at least expecting McDonalds quality which isnt much for expectations. The food was just horrible my children didnt even like it .
I know I will never eat at Cosmic Ray's again. :hurl:

DisneyBunny

Sorry to hear that your family didn't enjoy themselves at Cosmic Ray's. I'm not personally fond of any of the burgers in WDW. What about Sonny Eclipse? Did you get a chance to see him play? He makes it worth the crummy burger... almost.

By the way, did you get your crab cake? :slurp:

orioleinflorida

Original Poster
crab cake

No darn it I didnt get my crab cake . I am just gonna have to make my own . We couldnt even sit in Ray's it was so busy we had to sit out side on the steps and eat . The place was packed perhaps that affected the quality of the food . Pizzafari was really busy when we ate there
too we again had to sit outside but the food was at least good and my son loved the chicken parm . sandwhich .

shoppingnut

1. Burgers anywhere in WDW, gross.
2. Pizza in WDW, gross.
3. H&V is a buffet and buffet food is just generally okay, nothing to write home about.

I'd rather eat a sit down meal for dinner, don't really care for counter service. Some of my favorite restaurants are Chef de France, Le Cellier, 50's Prime Time, Kona Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe. Maybe you should consider getting the dining plan with your stay.

surfsupdon

shoppingnut said:
1. Burgers anywhere in WDW, gross.
2. Pizza in WDW, gross.
3. H&V is a buffet and buffet food is just generally okay, nothing to write home about.

See, now I love the hamburgers at Disney World. Sure the pizza is gross, but the burgers are good!!:lol:

hansel1

orioleinflorida said:
Hello . My family and I just got back from 6 days at Disney and I have a few food observations that I would like to share . 1) Do not eat at Ray's starlite cafe it was awful . 2) Pizzasafari was great the kids loved it .3) Hollywood & Vine was good , but not as good as I felt my 100.00 was worth .

These of course are just the opinions of me and my family .

I've never eaten at ray's or pizzasafari, but I have eaten at h&V. I agree with you about H&V not being worth $100. However, we ate there on the Disney Dining Plan, so the whole day cost the two of us about $75, that included snacks for both and Lunch for both. Taking into consideration how much lunch costs ($20), the dinner came out to around $50. Much easier to swallow a mediocre buffet at $50 than $100

While we didn't feel like some dinners were worth the money, we overall felt like we were cheating Disney by using their dining plan for our 7 night stay.

Something you might want to consider on your next trip.

tigsmom

Cosmic Ray's = good chicken, soup & salads. The Sandwiches are pretty good to. Never had a burger there though.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but thats the great thing about WDW, they have something for everyone...hopefully you had some good meals while you were there. :wave:

And we didn't care for Pizzafaria at all, we always eat at TuskerHouse. *shrugs*

loriwdunn

I haven't been to Ray's since 2002 and found it to be pretty dirty. The only place I eat counter service at MK is Pecos Bills (burgers) and Harbor House.

shoppingnut

surfsupdon said:
See, now I love the hamburgers at Disney World. Sure the pizza is gross, but the burgers are good!!:lol:

The thing is that the cook the hamburgers too much, I like mine medium rare where it is pink, so this is why I don't care for them.

VeRTiGo91

We only hate hot dogs and fries at Cosmic Rays. We liked it, we are easy to please! My wife got a burger there, but didn't say a lot about it. And we got tired of Sonny Elclipse after about 10 minutes. We made sure the next time we sat very far away from him!

And definite props to Tusker House, we loved it there! Great entertainment outside too!

V

tigsmom

shoppingnut said:
The thing is that the cook the hamburgers too much, I like mine medium rare where it is pink, so this is why I don't care for them.

But everything has to be well done to kill all those little germs that live in the food. :lookaroun

I like my steak & burgers to still be mooin' when they are served, but it hard to get in a restaurant. The only place I got rare was at the Yachtsman, and it was still too done for me.

shoppingnut

tigsmom said:
But everything has to be well done to kill all those little germs that live in the food. :lookaroun

I like my steak & burgers to still be mooin' when they are served, but it hard to get in a restaurant. The only place I got rare was at the Yachtsman, and it was still too done for me.

I'd be happy to sign a waiver to have my burger rare!! I know there are so few places now that I am able to eat a burger, the only ones here that I can get one nice and pink is Ruby Tuesday's and Fuddrucker's. We went to the Yachtsman I had a few trips ago, and my steak was nice and pink, have to remember about the burgers there if I feel the need for a burger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom