The future of Fastpass+

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Now that the Fastpass+ system has been implemented at WDW, is that it or are the Disney wizards cooking up something to bring the Fastpass+ experience to a higher level? For example, giving visitors more than 3 choices at one time, allowing multiple park picks for one day, etc. Has anyone heard of possible improvements to the system coming in the near future? Just curious. :geek:

sjhym333

I have no information but I think Disney may want to live in the current system a little longer before making changes. CM's are now in the system and I think they may want to wait and see how it all plays out while collecting data. If I had to guess I would expect that you will see a 4th choice on your MDE app after you use your 3 original choices and then possibly 4 choices per day at some point.

I am not sure what Disney will do about Park hopping fp+. I think Disney wouldn't be excited about a guest choosing the Frozen Meet and Greet in the MK, Soarin at EPCOT and Toy Story Mania at the Studios in the same day. I actually think one of the things that FP+ encourages is for guests to choose a 'home" park for most of the day so that guests are spread out across the parks. But that is all conjecture on my part

Victor Kelly

4th FP+ over phone, Park hopping will be next. After that, not too much needs to be changed. The absolute biggest complaint, #1 in fact is not being able to park hop. After that it is the 4th FP over App. And I agree with the complaints in that order.

sjhym333

I think the challenge that Disney has with park hopping is that they are trying to increase the chances that the most popular attractions will be available at each park. By allowing people to choose 3 FP's in 3 different parks you open a whole can of worms. I think we all see that if that happened you would see people choose Toy Story Mania, Test Track and 7DMT. Park hopping would also mean that the pool of people attempting to get a certain attraction would grow by a lot. The current system forces you to pick a park with the idea that guests are spread out among the four parks.

Having said that, I think Disney must be trying to figure out how to let guests park hop on some level. I expect that the two biggest complaints they get about FP+ is park hopping and the only 3 FP reservations.

erasure fan1

I think we all see that if that happened you would see people choose Toy Story Mania, Test Track and 7DMT.
I don't think so. You would see something like test track, soarin then toy story. I would think that very few people as a percentage would actually park hop to 3 parks in a day.

I would like to see them change when you are able to get additional fastpasses. If you have more than 3hrs between fastpasses, you should be able to pick up 1 additional for within that time frame.

drizgirl

I think adding park hopping would defeat the purpose of having tiers. Instead of doing a full at Epcot and a full day at DHS, why wouldn't people just split that into 2 half days at each park, hopping between headliners? Capacity, especially with headliners, continues to be a problem with this system. And there is no quick or easy fix.

I think it's iffy whether they will put 4th FPs on the app for the same reason. The harder they make it to access additional FPs the longer into the day they will have something to offer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom