The Frozen 'Initiative' ...

lazyboy97o

The devil is in the details on that one... but I'm sure it will be hung on them forever now. Everyone will gloss over how it's a 9m refurb for which they basically did nothing for 5months
No, no, Disney had to lots of work and we don't know what they had to look at and figure out! Only Disney knows how long it takes and they needed time to figure out what needed to be done. :banghead:

Zac Skellington

Attention WDW patrons, all planned plans for work on a Frozen attraction at our US theme parks, at this time, have themselves been frozen. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your traveling party. We hope this situation will thaw out in a timely manner so we can once again plan on the planning of attractions that will never get green-lit and eventually frozen. Have a great day! - Walt Disney Imagineering, Antartica Branch
Go sit in the corner...

PhotoDave219

Agree...though I bet they are willing to take the hit once in awhile if the rest of the time they can wave the "we were first" flag. Bummer the subs at Disneyland aren't going to open up again...oh, wait.

That's why am very emphatic with my skepticism towards some of the rumors the come out… I highly encourage everyone to be skeptical when somebody we've never heard of comes out of the woodwork and says something off-the-wall.

I have conflicting info from a lot of different sources as to what's going on with the frozen sing-along. I have people telling me yes and no in regards to whether it's going to move to the American Idol theater. So me I'm going to come out and say exactly that. I am hearing both and I guarantee one of those two things will be true.

What do you look at somebody like my sage who over the years has establish themselves as having a very accurate reputation. Things like this will tear down the reputation in a heartbeat.

In regards to Florida? There are big things that are going to happen. It's essentially common knowledge that something will happen at the studios. That's out there. It's going to involve Star Wars. It's just not going to happen in the timeframe we would like to see it happen in.

doctornick

I found it hilarious that people took the time to go ice skating while at HS - makes no sense to me. Over at Epcot, the Mexico boat ride never topped 5 minutes the entire week I was there; yet next door at Norway - by 1pm the wait for Malestrom was 40+ and stayed that way for the rest of the day.
I don't know why anyone would think that, especially with Anna & Elsa not even being in Norway anymore. It's not like the "Frozen ride to replace Maelstrom" rumor has hit mainstream.

No, Maelstrom has always gotten pretty decent waits and always far more than Mexico. 30-45 min in the summer is the norm and not related to Frozen.

doctornick

So do tell us where it is going.

If Star Tours got moved to a new Star Wars land in Toontown, then that vacated space could be used for an Avatar themed attractions. (Especially if Marvel stuff ended up at DCA as Micechat has suggested, since putting Iron Man or another Marvel ride there would be the likely first choice.)

Or it could replace Innoventions.

Edit: That said, I don't think Avatar will be coming to DLR anytime soon, but I don't think it would happen due to a lack of space. I don't see a full Avatar land coming to DLR though unless they do a third gate, but one attraction could certainly occur.

Last edited:

stevehousse

It would be nice if they moved Star Tours to the new land and repurposed the old existing attraction into that new Iron Man simulator going in overseas.

RSoxNo1

I tried to give the Mermaid ride a chance last week - but its just pathetic I can not take it seriously. Peter Pan, Pooh (and the former Snow White) all dark rides are vastly superior to Mermaid.
I couldn't disagree more. Mermaid is fine for what it is. It was a solid addition to DCA. The problem in MK is that for 18 months it was the centerpiece of a large expansion. It didn't have Radiator Springs Racers to absorb that. I would much rather wait 30 minutes for Mermaid than Peter Pan's Flight. Pan feels so dated to me.

disney4life2008

I couldn't disagree more. Mermaid is fine for what it is. It was a solid addition to DCA. The problem in MK is that for 18 months it was the centerpiece of a large expansion. It didn't have Radiator Springs Racers to absorb that. I would much rather wait 30 minutes for Mermaid than Peter Pan's Flight. Pan feels so dated to me.

We choose to disagree - Peter Pan is worth a 30 minute wait. I would not wait 10 or more minutes for Mermaid.

disney4life2008

I don't know why anyone would think that, especially with Anna & Elsa not even being in Norway anymore. It's not like the "Frozen ride to replace Maelstrom" rumor has hit mainstream.

No, Maelstrom has always gotten pretty decent waits and always far more than Mexico. 30-45 min in the summer is the norm and not related to Frozen.

You guess is as good as mines - but I heard many parents tell their kids that while in line

Captain Neo

Jim Hill is now confirming Maelstorm is being replaced with Frozen. In a better world Maelstorm would have been refreshed and extended into a longer ride and a unique Frozen ride would have been built in New Fantasyland. Oh and in this better world it would have been called The Snow Queen not Frozen and been a much better movie.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Jim Hill is now confirming Maelstorm is being replaced with Frozen. In a better world Maelstorm would have been refreshed and extended into a longer ride and a unique Frozen ride would have been built in New Fantasyland. Oh and in this better world it would have been called The Snow Queen not Frozen and been a much better movie.

And we should care why?

Both myself and others broke this news a long time ago. I confirmed it in May with someone who is actually working on the new attraction and said this to an audience of about 150 people on the Disney Wonder's Panama Canal voyage.

I've already said my piece on it belonging in a giant COLD snow palace in MK. But this is Disney ... the company that was afraid it was losing money on soda syrup while it regularly, and as part of policy, allows people to steal products of value from them. They are run so poorly, yet Wall Street simply looks at stock heading for $100 a share and thinks Iger, Rasulo and Staggs and Co are brilliant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom