The Freibergs are going back to the world October

Were going back:sohappy::sohappy:
We used to live in Orlando and went to Disney often and went there alot. Then we moved to south florida and live about 3 hrs from Disney. In 2004 we got annual passes and went 5 times. Good year. Then in November 2008 after the kids begged and asked for years we got season passes again:sohappy:. We went in nov. 08 and may 09 here is the link below.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3622976#post3622976

Now were going back October 21-27 for 6 nights. This is a big trip because we are going for my daughter Emily's 14 birthday but 3 weeks in advance also my other daughter Amy's 2 month late birthday. This will also be our last trip for a while:(:cry:.

I recently got layed off from my job so this trip were on a budget.

Let me show you who's going
me -barbara
S6302877.jpg

the hubby- Mitch
S6302875.jpg

Emily-13
S6302872.jpg

Amy- will be 11
S6302883.jpg

We will be staying at either the swan or dolphin probally dolphin and for free. We wanted to get free dining but free resort sounds much nicer and we already have tickets. :sohappy:

You can't make ADRs yet but we will be making capemay for breakfast. And rainforest animal kingdom and 50s prime time cafe. We never ate at 50s so tell me if its good or not.

On our last trip we spent so much extra money now were saving. For capemay were doing latest breakfast on our epcot day and it will be lunch too. Also for rainforest the day we go there Animal Kingdom will be having EMH untill 8 so we will have a resort day have bagels or whatever for lunch that bring we also bring breakfast. As well as a cooler of waters to take to the park. Also those individual chips. Disney's price 1.95 walmarts- 6 for 2.50. We are also limiting the kids to 3 icecreams the whole trip. Also for counter service we will get water bottles and carry them. For souveniers were doing what we always do before the trip kids save there change and mitch and I give them change and before we go we roll it and bring it to the bank. And double it thats there souvenir money. Also for pins we will either get a bag of them on ebay are at the parks you could get a pack of 7 for 30$ there small or they have tangrams and you just trade them. If you have any other money saving ideas please tell me.

Where should we stay swan or dolphin on our last 2 trips we stayed at the dolphin so maybe we'll go for a change this time.

I will put up our itinerary soon I'm still working on it.

OMG i'm so excited. Get here already and when you come don't leave

mouselvrmom

We love crystal palace too. We usually do it for lunch or dinner.

and I now know what you meant on another thread when you were talking about a quickie. I was thinking something else. :eek::lol:

Good luck with your reservations!

Disney<333

Original Poster
We love crystal palace too. We usually do it for lunch or dinner.

and I now know what you meant on another thread when you were talking about a quickie. I was thinking something else. :eek::lol:

Good luck with your reservations!
Chrystal palace is good we just haven't done it in a few years we will probally take latest lunch and it will be lunch n dinner.

And :lol: I thought everyone said quickie for counter service theres so many other abr. I thought it must of been done by now.:lol:

mouselvrmom

Chrystal palace is good we just haven't done it in a few years we will probally take latest lunch and it will be lunch n dinner.

And :lol: I thought everyone said quickie for counter service theres so many other abr. I thought it must of been done by now.:lol:

I guess I must just be out of the loop! :lol:

tink68

Thanks and sorry about your job I hope things get better for you. I was an art teacher at a catholic school and did all these shows and got the school publicity the parents and everyone loved me but the school doesn't have enough money to pay me. Instead there hiring someone to teach art and science for less money. Interesting combination. I still might get another job i'll find out end of summer. At least the hubbys job is going well. Oh and I did some math instead of having quick service lunch and dinner it's cheaper to do a late breakfast or early dinner. For example when we do early dinner ADRs we will have bagels that we bring for lunch. And character breakfast buffets it will be lunch too and for dinner we will have turkeylegs with probally our chips. Where are you guys staying? Have fun. Do you have an itinerary yet?

Thanks and good luck to you too.
We are staying at POFQ and I just made my ADR's this morning. I got T-Rex, Coral Reef and Garden Grill so far. Prob will only make one more and the rest of the time just eat at the food court or quick service. Thinking of trying 50's Prime Time also. Smores do look good. :slurp:

disneygirl1

Have a wonderful trip!!! I know how you feel, I got laid off in March and have a trip coming up at the end of Sept. I am just so glad that I already put aside money for my trip so that we could still go. At least we both have something exciting to look forward to!!! Enjoy :animwink:

Disney<333

Original Poster
We are staying at POFQ and I just made my ADR's this morning. I got T-Rex, Coral Reef and Garden Grill so far. Prob will only make one more and the rest of the time just eat at the food court or quick service. Thinking of trying 50's Prime Time also. Smores do look good. :slurp:

Thanks
POFQ is great. Coral reef and garden grill we never tried but we lookes at garden grill and it looked nice. Trex we tried a little while after it opened before they accepted ADRs and it was crowded but we were in a the back by the ice but not in it and had 3 dinos by us. Food was o.k don't get the appeizer for $17 that says people can share it and its a sample of a couple of things. You get 3 or 4 things and it's like the size of the samples they give you at the grocery store. The experience was fun though. I can't wait for 50s were also thinking about sci-fi for a snack or something but a few years ago we had issues there.

Disney<333

Original Poster

Where your ADRs hard to get?

Disney<333

Original Poster
Have a wonderful trip!!! I know how you feel, I got laid off in March and have a trip coming up at the end of Sept. I am just so glad that I already put aside money for my trip so that we could still go. At least we both have something exciting to look forward to!!! Enjoy :animwink:

yup losing your job sucks i'm sending out a lot of information to try to get a new job. I know thinking about Disney makes me VERY happy. It's an anti-depresser:lol:

Disney<333

Original Poster
Sadly, you can only keep them for a fee. I stayed at the Swan in 2003 and simply called down to the front desk and asked for a robe. They brought it right up to me. Nice, white and comfy.

:( oh well. The location is just amazing and you save 200$ a day then staying at beach or yacht club.

tink68

Where your ADRs hard to get?

ADRs were easy to do on-line. Love the new system. I actually just changed a few things and got Cape May for breakfast instead of Garden Grill for dinner. We wanted 1 character meal and we did not have any breakfast resv's yet so we switched. Coral Reef is great. We each got to pick one place and that is my daughters favorite. So we now have T-Rex, Coral Reef, Cape May and I added 50's Prime Time. Have to try those smores. :lol::slurp:

disneygirl1

yup losing your job sucks i'm sending out a lot of information to try to get a new job. I know thinking about Disney makes me VERY happy. It's an anti-depresser:lol:

Ha Ha!! I feel the same way... Been looking for a job since I got laid off and actually been offered a few jobs, but all were pretty big pay decreases. Praying that something comes up soon. But in the mean time I love spending time with my son!

Disney<333

Original Poster
Questions that need answers

O.K so as I plan more I come up with more and more questions so any answers you could give me would be appreciated.

Q- Amy has wanted to go to BBB for a while. And 50$ is way to much for it to only last a little while. But I happened across a package called " cool dude" for only 7.50 with no tax :sohappy:. Do you know anything about that? What do they do to you? Also if any one has any pictures of it that what help.

Q- Which parade is better Move it shake it or celebrate a dream come true? We like characters and floats the best.

Q- Which is better 50s prime time cafe or sci fi? We went to sci fi a few years a go for lunch and had problems with the waiter and restaurant. Maybe 50s because we never did it?

Q- How do you get to the contemporary from ft. wilderness or do you have to take a boat to the wilderness lodge and then another boat to the contemporary?

Q- Where in world showcase or the characters are the characters? Where are they and who are they? I remember a few years ago they used to have a double decker bus full of characters. But last time we only saw Mulan in China.

O.K that's all I could think of I thought I had more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom