The Force Awakens

G00fyDad

New details released about how Andy Serkis' character, Supreme Leader Snoke will look:
http://www.ibtimes.com/star-wars-force-awakens-new-description-supreme-leader-snoke-leaked-2000742

A few things jumped out...
"The collar of the robe is said to reach all the way to his chin."
"Snoke looks like an old man who has a zombie-like appearance and is described as 'almost risen from the dead.'”
Also describes him has having an alien/cobra-like face with a "bulbous" mouth.

If anybody knows much about Darth Plagueis, who many speculate Snoke actually is...this is a very curious sign.

Sidious killed Plagueis years (decades) before this.

Arthur Wellesley

Sidious killed Plagueis years (decades) before this.
From Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis
...Plagueis mastered the art and science of midi-chlorian manipulation. Obsessed with eternal life, he experimented with ways to cheat death and create new life from the midi-chlorians.
Sidious made it very clear in Ep 3. during his private chat with Anakin in the opera balcony that this Plagueis fellow could defeat death.

I think the main reason people are speculating that Snoke could actually be Plagueis, is the fact that Snoke is supposed to be an "ancient evil". If nothing was ever mentioned about him being ancient, then these fan theories would probably have never come about. But I gotta admit, I can totally see this Snoke/Plagueis connection happening, and here is why:

Let's first pretend that Snoke is NOT Plagueis.
If Snoke has been around for so long, and is such a strong force (pun intended) to be reckoned with, and especially since he knows of Luke & the past Jedi, and is (rumored to be) the one who sends Kylo Ren on his mission....then where was he all during the events of Episode 1 - 6 ? Why would such a powerful & eager character remain idle during all those major events, and just randomly show up 30-something years after the fall of the old Empire? He knows of the Force (as heard by him in the first teaser to Ep. 7). He knows of the dark side, and the light. Surely someone in the New Order would question him as to why he didn't help the old Empire from falling to the Rebel Alliance. It makes no sense (imo). It would almost seem cheap, lazy, and reminiscent of the old, 90's direct-to-video Disney sequels where a new big bad just shows up outta nowhere, and yet despite being emotionally impacted by past major events, was never seen, never contributed, or was never mentioned up until now.
J.J. Abrams is smarter than that type of storytelling.

But if Snoke IS actually Plagueis, then it makes perfect sense as to why he was nowhere during the events of Episode 1-6.... he hadn't fully "awakened" after being knocked-off by Sidious all those years ago!
Yet even if he had awakened, and was hiding out in the galaxy somewhere, it would still logically explain why he never aided the old Empire and allowed Sidious to be destroyed. A vendetta against his old apprentice who killed him...and now that Sidious is long dead, Plagueis can reclaim the power & leadership that was rightfully his. Every bit of that adds up logically.

All we know is that:
-Sidious killed Plagueis, but Plagueis can master / manipulate death.
-Snoke has had a dramatic past, as hinted at by Serkis in this article:
http://www.ew.com/article/2014/12/1...kis-can-say-about-star-wars-the-force-awakens
"Can we safely assume, from that weary voice, that the character has seen some harsh action in the galaxy over the years? Serkis laughs, and considers what he can reveal. “I have to be very careful about how I answer these questions. The character …” he says, followed by a long pause. “He’s been through some stuff.”
(Being murdered by your apprentice would certainly be some serious "stuff" to go through.)

-If true, we can assume Plagueis would, for obvious reasons, not be pleased with Sidious at all, which would logically explain why this ancient being was no aid at all to the old Empire. Or even simpler, it could be assumed his resurrection / "awakening" hadn't begun until after the events of Ep. 6 ended.

All of this connects much better than..."Some ancient & all-powerful bad guy just happens to come along & is suddenly the main dark lord of a major rebuilding of the Empire, yet didn't do squat to prevent the old one from falling".

This is all my own two-cents & merely speculation, of course.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
From Comic Con - they brought out one of their creatures to show off.

10jul2015---a-criatura-baba-joe-entra-no-palco-do-painel-de-star-wars-na-comic-con-2015-em-san-diego-nos-estados-unidos-nesta-sexta-feira-1436613300511_300x300.jpg

Last edited:

Arthur Wellesley

Pretty interesting.

And not related to the spoiler part, but I found this snippet of the article to be quite amusing. :hilarious:
Savage said the Star Wars episode of MythBusters will explore why stormtroopers have such bad aim. “They’re terrible. They can’t hit a thing.” What’s the reason? “I think maybe they’ve been inbred so much that they only have one eye,”

Arthur Wellesley

A rather interesting bit of news surrounding 2017's Episode VIII:
http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-episode-viii-eyes-benicio-del-toro-to-play-villain-exclusive/

Don't consider this a spoiler, but it does make one wonder if they will kill off Kylo Ren in TFA(?) Surely they wouldn't repeat one of the biggest mistakes & cause of fan resentment toward the prequels, by killing off a very marketable villain in the very first film of a trilogy (Darth Maul).

Maybe Del Toro's character will be an addition rather than a replacement. Either way, very intriguing news.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Pretty interesting.

And not related to the spoiler part, but I found this snippet of the article to be quite amusing. :hilarious:

I read a theory why they have such bad aim in A New Hope. When Luke and Han are rescuing Leia, Vader had put a homing device on the Millennium Falcon so the Storm Troopers were not trying to hurt them but herd them back toward their ship.

lazyboy97o

I read a theory why they have such bad aim in A New Hope. When Luke and Han are rescuing Leia, Vader had put a homing device on the Millennium Falcon so the Storm Troopers were not trying to hurt them but herd them back toward their ship.
There is actually a real reason that is kind of disturbing. The Stormtroopers are shooting at individuals but the Rebels are shooting at faceless masses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom