The Force Awakens

Arthur Wellesley

I really hope there are some great twists in the new series.
Some have already leaked online...
chubby-checker-the-twist-o.gif

Oh wait. These aren't the twists you're looking for.:oops:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes, I was referring more to Whedon's dislike of the "studio" meaning the system than to the specific studio meaning Disney. I would venture a guess he does something more along the lines of Cabin in the Woods or Much Ado about nothing next before someone throws money at him to lure him back to a blockbuster. He just doesn't seem to have the will or desire to go through that process again right now.

I get the feeling is a little burned out to, but Episode 9 isn't until 2019 which give him a year or more before he would need to start doing any serious work on it.

Gomer

I get the feeling is a little burned out to, but Episode 9 isn't until 2019 which give him a year or more before he would need to start doing any serious work on it.
True, I just couldn't imagine him accepting a job like that right now given the tone. Then again, who hasn't bad mouthed their employer after a rough day at the office. A couple weeks away can cure that most times. But if anything would convince him to come back, I'm sure it would be Star Wars. That's a tough one to turn down. And maybe he can work a deal with Disney to get distribution on his next small project in exchange for committing to Ep IX down the road. Although I still think given his individual style, he might be a better fit for an anthology movie.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
True, I just couldn't imagine him accepting a job like that right now given the tone. Then again, who hasn't bad mouthed their employer after a rough day at the office. A couple weeks away can cure that most times. But if anything would convince him to come back, I'm sure it would be Star Wars. That's a tough one to turn down. And maybe he can work a deal with Disney to get distribution on his next small project in exchange for committing to Ep IX down the road. Although I still think given his individual style, he might be a better fit for an anthology movie.

JJ wasn't originally going to accept Star Wars either since he wanted to take a break, but one someone like JJ or Joss get's offered Star Wars..... well, it's Star Wars! I'd would even take the job if they offered it to me. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom