The Force Awakens

Arthur Wellesley

Maybe Darth Plagueis come back from the dead? Who knows?
I had forgotten about that scene in Ep. 3. Good call there. And when Serkis was interviewed about his upcoming role in Ep. 7, he kept pretty quiet on who he would be playing, but did remark that his character had been through a lot (or hinted that the character had some rough ordeals in the past). Being murdered in your sleep by your apprentice would certainly be an ordeal.
So Darth Plagueis would kinda sorta make sense based on what little information we do know. What doesn't add up about this theory is, if Plagueis was alive all along, then why would he remain so silent & outta the picture during all the happenings of Ep. 1-6 ? Unless allowing the Empire to fall was part of his master plan all along, so he could rebuild it to his liking years later. (?)

Sage of Time

I had forgotten about that scene in Ep. 3. Good call there. And when Serkis was interviewed about his upcoming role in Ep. 7, he kept pretty quiet on who he would be playing, but did remark that his character had been through a lot (or hinted that the character had some rough ordeals in the past). Being murdered in your sleep by your apprentice would certainly be an ordeal.
So Darth Plagueis would kinda sorta make sense based on what little information we do know. What doesn't add up about this theory is, if Plagueis was alive all along, then why would he remain so silent & outta the picture during all the happenings of Ep. 1-6 ? Unless allowing the Empire to fall was part of his master plan all along, so he could rebuild it to his liking years later. (?)
It makes sense, but this seems very outlandish, even if I came up with the idea. LOL. We'll see.

champdisney

Or maybe Darth Plagueis was resurrected? Hence, the reason for the title: The Force Awakens.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Or maybe Darth Plagueis was resurrected? Hence, the reason for the title: The Force Awakens.
I don't think they'd do that...

At least not for VII.

Part of the issue with the prequels is that the plot was way too much in your face. You knew the major enemy from the get go, and therefore didn't care about the hero's or the sub-enemies...

champdisney

I don't think they'd do that...

At least not for VII.

Part of the issue with the prequels is that the plot was way too much in your face. You knew the major enemy from the get go, and therefore didn't care about the hero's or the sub-enemies...
I see your point. However, I have a hunch that the title of this installment, just like the previous Star Wars titles has a symbolic meaning behind it. Darth Plagueis was known for being one so strong with the force, as Palpatine explained of his former masters abilities in Episode III. In a way he embodies what the Force truly is.

So when I think of "The Force Awakens" I think of the return of Darth Plagueis. A powerful being that the likes of Luke, Han, and Leia have never seen before.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I see your point. However, I have a hunch that the title of this installment, just like the previous Star Wars titles has a symbolic meaning behind it. Darth Plagueis was known for being one so strong with the force, as Palpatine explained of his former masters abilities in Episode III. In a way he embodies what the Force truly is.

So when I think of "The Force Awakens" I think of the return of Darth Plagueis. A powerful being that the likes of Luke, Han, and Leia have never seen before.
Perhaps.

But, they need to be very careful about how they introduce it. To avoid being cliche.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
They have announced the Force Awakens toys will be coming out starting September 4 - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/03/star-wars-force-awakens-products-hit-shelves-september

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens products will hit the market on September 4, and stores around the world will open their doors at midnight for a special “Force Friday” celebration. Products will also be available online at DisneyStore.com.

“Every lightsaber, every action figure, every LEGO set tells a story for generations of Star Wars fans, and this global event is a celebration of those stories. We’re excited to be part of the countdown to this enormous movie moment,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing for Disney Consumer Products, in a news release."

Sample packaging -

SW15BoxArt1.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
5543ca93db753b82389cbd74_vanity-fair-star-wars.jpg

Annie Leibovitz has published a series of Force Awakens photos in Vanity Fair - http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-force-awakens-photos

5543ca95801ffcbc36b3417b_vanity-fair-star-wars-01.jpg

Adam Driver is playing the hooded bad guy Kylo Ren and, yes, the Girls star is the lucky cast member swinging that next-generation three-pronged lightsaber

5543ca99801ffcbc36b341a7_vanity-fair-star-wars-04.jpg

A small galaxy’s worth of tracking dots affixed to Lupita Nyong’o’s face allowed artists at Industrial Light & Magic to transform her into the C.G.I. character Maz Kanata.

And while we may not know which side of the Resistance (the film’s new term for the Rebel Alliance) Lupita Nyong’o’s C.G.I. character, Maz Kanata, is on, we do know from the caption on this eye-popping rogue’s gallery photo that she’s a pirate.

5543ca95db753b82389cbd94_vanity-fair-star-wars-02.jpg

5543ca99db753b82389cbdc0_vanity-fair-star-wars-03.jpg

Dashing Resistance pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) stands alongside his trusty X-wing fighter.

5543ca9d801ffcbc36b341d3_vanity-fair-star-wars-06.jpg

J. J. Abrams directs Actress Daisy Ridley for a scene in which her character, the young heroine Rey, pilots her speeder through a bustling marketplace on the planet Jakku.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom