The fabulous 'Tony Baxter Tour of Disneyland' - a venture

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Don't forget to pick up a "I'm Celebrating!" pin at one of the info kiosks. Have them write Tony Baxter on it.

city_hall_button_im_celebrating_2010_large.jpg

Took your advice.
Here's my pin -

A little foreshadowing for the story to come.....!

:D

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Oh, wow. It looks exactly the same! We're coming up to the season when I miss living in New England. But nothing could make me miss Logan Airport. :D

TP, you should come on over and do some 'leaf peeping'.
Do the leaves even change color in California...?
So much of the landscaping I have seen in this area is mostly of the tropical variety.
I'm sure up in the mountains and more wooded areas it's a completely different story.

That is one of the things I love about California.
You can basically hit all possible climate and topographic preferences you can image if you keep driving.
Something for every destination taste.
Woods, mountains, deserts, ranches, coastline, urban sprawl, and the magical Hills of Anaheim!

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Apologies, but I am not able to devote the time to telling it just yet.
Really really hard to put into words what took place, and type it in a short time span.
I'm still in the midst of my venture, so cannot really get in depth without cutting into the vacation time at hand.
But rest assured, a lengthy telling shall be forthcoming soon!

Maybe another ' teaser'....to hold folks over until I get back home at the end of the week and will have all the time in the world to talk about it.
Oh, and illustrate it with fabulous photos!

So here is your 'teaser'.....

What would it be like to spend more then six hours with a certain creative individual within a setting he helped create?
What would it be like to spend four of those hours at Club 33 as this persons' honored guest?
What would it be like to experience certain Attractions with said creative individual....and all the wonderful insights and stories openly shared about said Attractions...?

Yeah, I think you can understand better now why it is difficult to put this into words at the moment!
;)

I'm still overwhelmed by the epicness of it all, so bear with me.
This has been one amazing venture.
A true once in a lifetime experience.

-

Last edited:

PacNWTigger

I'm so excited to hear all about your amazing time with your favorite imagineer of all time!! Congratulations on truly having an experience that many simply dream about. Dreams do come true, huh? ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Apologies, but I am not able to devote the time to telling it just yet.
Really really hard to put into words what took place, and type it in a short time span.
I'm still in the midst of my venture, so cannot really get in depth without cutting into the vacation time at hand.
But rest assured, a lengthy telling shall be forthcoming soon!

Maybe another ' teaser'....to hold folks over until I get back home at the end of the week and will have all the time in the world to talk about it.
Oh, and illustrate it with fabulous photos!

So here is your 'teaser'.....

What would it be like to spend more then six hours with a certain creative individual within a setting he helped create?
What would it be like to spend four of those hours at Club 33 as this persons' honored guest?
What would it be like to experience certain Attractions with said creative individual....and all the wonderful insights and stories openly shared about said Attractions...?

Yeah, I think you can understand better now why it is difficult to put this into words at the moment!
;)

I'm still overwhelmed by the epicness of it all, so bear with me.
This has been one amazing venture.
A true once in a lifetime experience.

-

Ok, since you said there will be pictures I can wait to hear this amazing tale. ;) I'm pretty excited for you!:)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I bet the cast member that wrote on your button had no idea who Tony Baxter is.

I think he did....
There was a visible reaction and a smirk.

I do get some interesting reactions from Cast when wearing my 'Baxterland' shirt and Tony Baxter Fan Club button.
Over the last three years, it has run in the range between them totally knowing who it refers too...to being totally unaware.
Some will look at my shirt and ask me 'where is that Park' and still others will see my button and want to know who he is.
Of course I am more then happy to clue them in...!
;)

And then there are those that think I am a relative or he is my husband.
I've had Cast asking if he is 'still with us', and I clearly remember one asking me in a concerned tone how he is doing as if Tony was in ill health.
Yeah, it can get interesting.
I've told some of the tales of Cast reactions in this thread here and there during the various ventures

The best reactions I've had seem to always be over at 'Tony's Temple of Wonders' ( aka Indiana Jones Adventure ).
They know him very well there.
:)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Ok, since you said there will be pictures I can wait to hear this amazing tale. ;) I'm pretty excited for you!:)

Thanks, I'm still feeling the afterglow.
Still in awe at all that took place.

I cannot even begin to imagine how to put it all into words later on when the time comes, but I will eventually.
So much happened in that six hour time period.

In a nutshell..?
Basically, the ultimate 'dream experience' for a fan of the Theme Parks and Tony's work in them.

:happy:

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well I made it back home...and the 6,000 mile round trip is complete yet again.
There have been a few excursions out to 'Baxterland' now, but this one in particular stands out.
Oh boy...does it ever!

This one has to be, to date, THE most extraordinary experience ever that I have had at a Disney Theme Park.
Epcot 25th Anniversary 'rally' included!
This is the stuff dreams are made of.

There is so much to be said, so much I want to share, and so much to be savored......but where to begin..?

I am in the process of getting my photos and thoughts together.
Soon, I shall reveal the fun discoveries I found during this adventure.
Additional treasures have been unearthed deep within 'Tony's Temple Of Wonders' ( aka 'Indiana Jones Adventure').
Stone walls 'talk' over at 'Tony's Mountain' and the tale is so 'golden', any self respecting miner would appreciate it.

It will also then be time to tell the tale that readers following along are all waiting to hear...
The tale of a most remarkable afternoon / evening with a most remarkable man in one of ( no, TWO ) of the most remarkable places imaginable.

Onwards!

-

Last edited:

TP2000

I'm happy to hear you've made it back safely to New England. Transcontinental jet travel still impresses me, and I still breathe a small sigh of relief when someone completes that type of journey. To think it was just 150 years ago when that type of journey would have taken weeks instead of hours.

And I just can't wait to hear the details of your Disneyland visit!

But take your time, collect your thoughts and photos, and fill us in when you can.

Phroobar

Well I made it back home...and the 6,000 mile round trip is complete yet again.
There have been a few excursions out to 'Baxterland' now, but this one in particular stands out.
Oh boy...does it ever!

This one has to be, to date, THE most extraordinary experience ever that I have had at a Disney Theme Park.
Epcot 25th Anniversary 'rally' included!
This is the stuff dreams are made of.

There is so much to be said, so much I want to share, and so much to be savored......but where to begin..?

I am in the process of getting my photos and thoughts together.
Soon, I shall reveal the fun discoveries I found during this adventure.
Additional treasures have been unearthed deep within 'Tony's Temple Of Wonders' ( aka 'Indiana Jones Adventure').
Stone walls 'talk' over at 'Tony's Mountain' and the tale is so 'golden', any self respecting miner would appreciate it.

It will also then be time to tell the tale that readers following along are all waiting to hear...
The tale of a most remarkable afternoon / evening with a most remarkable man in one of ( no, TWO ) of the most remarkable places imaginable.

Onwards!

-
You know if you read this with the right frame of mine, the whole thing sounds incredibly dirty. :D:oops:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I'm happy to hear you've made it back safely to New England. Transcontinental jet travel still impresses me, and I still breathe a small sigh of relief when someone completes that type of journey. To think it was just 150 years ago when that type of journey would have taken weeks instead of hours.

And I just can't wait to hear the details of your Disneyland visit!

But take your time, collect your thoughts and photos, and fill us in when you can.

Thank you TP, that is very nice of you.

It is indeed impressive that the service exists to carry oneself from one end of the country to another in the course of six + hours.
I still find it rather cool that I get to see two oceans and two coastlines in one day.
Always kind of neat.

The transcontinental flight aspect of this visit went much better then the last couple of times, when I felt really drained afterwards.
I tried to be more mindful of my sleeping habits and nurioushment intake this time as I definitely wanted to be fully aware and firing on all cylinders when the time came to meet up with my 'Grand Mentor'.

I didn't want to be half asleep or feeling the effects of fatigue from my previous three days in the Park.
If you push yourself too hard, you know what it can happen if you run yourself down.
I definitely did NOT want to have that happen, this of all times!
So I took some deliberate steps to pull back a little and it really helped keep me healthy and fully charged!

Of course, the thrill factor and adrenaline rush of it all helped, too...!
:)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
-

Well my friends, like the 'tag line' on my ticket says, 'Get Ready to be Dazzled' !

That slogan took on a whole new meaning this time around, even moreso then it did back last Summer when i attended the D23 Expo and had my first encounter with my favorite 'idea guy'.
I thought that experience was 'dazzling', but this most recent adventure makes that one look like a single scoop of ice cream.
THIS one is a entire sundae, including a cherry on top!

Yes indeed...this ventures' story is in every way dazzling no matter how you look at it!

So let us begin....

First, let me tell you about my recent discoveries unearthed in 'Baxterland'.
I had a few days in the Park prior to the grand evening which i am pleased to include in this ( hopefully ) informative thread.

So let us venture forth, fellow fans of the 'Tony Baxter Fan Club'!
Get out those Membership cards, because Membership has it's privileges!

The palm trees of Katella Ave beckon eager explorers seeking the hidden treasures within this truly special place -

-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Is this a joke i am missing out on.....?
Just curious.....

o_O

-

I think because you built so much mystery around what you were doing in Anaheim with regards to Tony Baxter that, as Phruby said, one could take your gushing to suggest that there was something romantic occurring between the two of you. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom