The Engaged at Disney World Club

plaz10

Original Poster
Just wondering who else on these boards got engaged at Disney World?

I think it'd be cool to include any and all details that make it special...especially where at in Disney World!!

This could help others who are looking for ideas on where to propose!

plaz10

Original Poster
ooo I'll start!

My fiance proposed to me in May 2011 at EPCOT in front of Spaceship Earth. SSE was all lit up and it was beautiful. Plus, SSE is my favorite ride in all of Disney (and EPCOT is my favorite park!) Needless to say...I said YES!

P1020476.jpg

LuLaSue

Love it!

Wish I had a WDW Engagement story...:(

DH would not propose to me in WDW,said I would be expecting it. So, he propsed in Hershey Park in the Circular Restaurant. Very Romantic...:D but, not Disney World.

After he said, now wasn't that better than getting engaged in Disney World! I suprised you this way....:hammer:

Please do not think I am ungrateful, I love him and would have said yes if he proposed in a Garbage Can!!

ddbowdoin

reposting my story!

I was fortunate enough to head down to the world 4 times during my childhood, in fact I was there three times between 1998 and 1999. While I loved Disney I was far from a fanatic and in fact never returned with my family. It was likely a combination of my age and some family financial realities that kept us from the world.

Fast forward, May 2010... my girlfriend and I decided on a WDW vacation. I was beyond excited, as I had developed a passion for WDW and everything Disney later in life. Even better was the reality that my gf was just as, if not more, of a Disney freak as me. We don't own a home so we don't own Disney art or collectibles (this will obviously come with our future home purchase) but gf knew the layout of the MK like the back of her hand, had stayed on property several times, knows every lyric from every movie and so on and so forth. It was during that stay that I realized... Disney would be the place.

From that point on I saved every penny I had and purchased a beautiful solitaire stone from a local store. I hid the ring and prayed that a) she wouldn't find it, b) I didn't slip and let the cat out of the bag.

We were booked to stay the Beach Club for 5 nights. What a resort... we landed Sunday morning and my decision to "wing it" was kicking my butt. I wasn't sure where, when and how. I knew my girlfriend would find it tacky by the castle during fireworks so there was a challenge involved. I had discovered the perfect plan and the perfect venue.

I had purchased a "Mr and Mrs Mickey" pin set... and mentioned to Rachel that we should take a walk down the beach that overlooks the boardwalk. We sat on the swing and just talked about how amazing the first few days were and what we enjoyed. Then I said... hey, I got you a pin but you have to close your eyes. I pinned the Mrs. pin on her dress and told her she could look, when she opened her eyes and looked down I said..."you and me, we're in a club now" (as UP is one of our favorite movies) and then I got down on one knee and proposed. I'll never forget that swing at the Beach Club... its where my dreams came true. In some instance of magic or fate, as I slipped the ring on her finger... we sat back and just shared a few tears and overlooking the boardwalk we witnessed a meteroite fall across the sky as a streak of green gas (no joke, I am NOT making this up). Dreams truly do come true at Disney!

dreamfinder

Next to the fountains in France during F&W fest. She couldn't figure out why I was nervous and didn't want to get the buffalo w/onions dish they were serving since I had mentioned it all day.......

Kev1417

i proposed to my wife in the rose garden late at night during EMH. i pretended to tell the photopass operator how to work our camera but was really preparing her what i was about to do and told her to just keep snapping pictures. got some pretty good shots.

some advised (for the guys anyways), i kept a journal for about 3 months before i proposed, occasionally writing what my plans were in proposing, how i picked out the ring, how i secretly got her ring size, etc. she LOVE IT and it's something to go back and read every anniversary. Likewise she wrote in it as well right after. Something special to look back and read.

Also just for fun we sent an invitation to Mickey and got a signed picture of mickey and minnie saying congrats. Another reason why Disney is #1 with us.

KJ1081

My husband proposed on the first night of our May 2010 trip. We spent the first part of the day at Epcot, and he was exhausted and wanted to call it an early night. I convinced him to go to the MK for evening EMH since it was the only night MK was open late during our trip and IMO, nothing is more "magical" than the MK at night. As soon as we got onto Main St, he completely agreed- said it was one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. He made me stop at a photopass photographer, which I was NOT happy with 'cuz I needed me some Space Mountain! I begrudgingly stood there, grumbling to him about all the time we were wasting lol. The photographer said he'd snap the pic on the count of 3, and at the same time my husband dropped to one knee and proposed! I didn't know at the time, but the photographer was in on the whole thing- hubby told him he was going to propose as he handed him the photopass card. SO since it was the beginning of EMH (we came in right after Wishes), there was a HUGE crowd in the hub. Everyone gathered around us while I stood there like a deer in headlights unable to respond. I finally choked out a yes, and crowd applauded like crazy! This one kid, maybe 10 or 11 years old followed us clapping and announcing our newly-engaged status to everyone we passed- hilarious! We celebrated with a dole whip, rode Space Mountain, and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

DisneyPhotopassEngagementTrip048-1.jpg

Sorry the pic is so small, it's the only one I have on my computer right now.

We followed the Disney engagement with a Disney Wedding! We were married at Sunset Pointe May 17, 2011, with just our parents and siblings in attendance. They spent a week in WDW with us and we stayed an extra week by ourselves. After our wedding we went to Kona for Tonga Toast as our 'reception', hit the MK with our families- we all went on Space Mountain, Peoplemover, and COP, and ended the day with the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks party. Can't ask for a better wedding day! We did the Wild Africa Trek as our wedding gift to each other, and did a magic Kingdom photo session a few days after the wedding. It was an amazing trip!

diddy_mouse

I love telling this story :D

We had just graduated college and it was my husband's (then boyfriend) first ever trip to WDW. I had successfully overwhelmed him with everything Disney to get him prepped for the trip. :lookaroun:lol: We were staying at the Holiday Inn near DTD so it was a nice way to usher him into the WDW expereince.

On our first day (May 17th to be exact) we took a bus to the Contemporary so he could ride the monorail to the MK. I noticed that he seemed a little off but I blamed it on the early morning. We took the obligatory Main Street pictures and slowly made our way to The Hub for a picture of the "Partners" statue.

We waited to find someone to take our picture. I walked over to the statue as he handed off the camera and as I looked up from putting my stuff down on the bench, I saw him holding a little burgundy box.

and then he got down on one knee...
ProposalPic.jpg

Now we always take a picture in front of that statue on every trip. :)

plaz10

Original Poster
Love it!

Wish I had a WDW Engagement story...:(

DH would not propose to me in WDW,said I would be expecting it. So, he propsed in Hershey Park in the Circular Restaurant. Very Romantic...:D but, not Disney World.

After he said, now wasn't that better than getting engaged in Disney World! I suprised you this way....:hammer:

Please do not think I am ungrateful, I love him and would have said yes if he proposed in a Garbage Can!!

My DF also said that I would have expected it if he did the first day of our trip (he was right!) so he waited until the 4th night to do it.

We originally had 2 trips planned for this year so after he didn't propose the first day of the trip in May...I figured he was waiting until our next trip. I mean...what guy wants to delay it for 4 days! My DF said he knew I'd be suspecting it so thats why he waited. IT WORKED! I was completely caught off guard.

LuLaSue

My DF also said that I would have expected it if he did the first day of our trip (he was right!) so he waited until the 4th night to do it.

We originally had 2 trips planned for this year so after he didn't propose the first day of the trip in May...I figured he was waiting until our next trip. I mean...what guy wants to delay it for 4 days! My DF said he knew I'd be suspecting it so thats why he waited. IT WORKED! I was completely caught off guard.

I am so happy you were suprised! :sohappy:

Maybe I can convince DH to have a vow renewal in GF for our 10th wedding anniversary.:rolleyes:

devoy1701

Isn't anyone curious? Not to bring out your pain, but what happened?

bahaha...you know after 24hrs and a few replies after I left mine...I was beginning to wonder if everyone on this forum was cold hearted and self absorbed. :lol:

:lookaroun

I was the victim of a botched Disney World Engagement (twice actually) because I let Disney in on a little too much of what I was planning.

I'm still happily engaged though and will be wed to my fiance next May. Though I am often reminded (and I remember myself) when other friends of ours have gotten engaged or when watching those sappy movies that we were robbed of that special suprised/shocked/overcome with happiness feeling (twice!) that every bride-to-be hopes for when that moment comes.

I'll search for my old thread and add it in here.

EDIT: Here's my thread on the subject http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=620443

So yes, I am a member of the "Engaged at Walt Disney World Club," it just didn't work out how I planned it. I envy the rest of you!

rsoxguy

bahaha...you know after 24hrs and a few replies after I left mine...I was beginning to wonder if everyone on this forum was cold hearted and self absorbed. :lol:

:lookaroun

I was the victim of a botched Disney World Engagement (twice actually) because I let Disney in on a little too much of what I was planning.

I'm still happily engaged though and will be wed to my fiance next May. Though I am often reminded (and I remember myself) when other friends of ours have gotten engaged or when watching those sappy movies that we were robbed of that special suprised/shocked/overcome with happiness feeling (twice!) that every bride-to-be hopes for when that moment comes.

I'll search for my old thread and add it in here.

EDIT: Here's my thread on the subject http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=620443

So yes, I am a member of the "Engaged at Walt Disney World Club," it just didn't work out how I planned it. I envy the rest of you!

I remember that thread now (I even posted on it). Sorry again for the Disney CM gaff, but I'm glad to hear that things are well to this day.

plaz10

Original Poster
I love hearing all the proposal stories! Disney World is truly a place of magic and romance for couples. I love it!

DisneyNme

Hopfully my picture works....

I didnt Propose to my Fiance in WDW, But i did in DL! Does that still count?

Long story short, To disguise the fact that i was going to propose to her in DL, I bought her and our daughter a 5 day trip to DL for their birthdays. They both share the same birthday of 9/9. my daughters birthday is 9/9/09, i had to add that. :shrug:

My fiance had never been to DL, I had been once already. She never thought in a million years she would ever go. We live in New Hampshire, so we were traveling from coast to coast with a 1 year old! So being the Disney World lovers we are, i thought that this would be the ultimate since DL is the original.

She was so surprised, as you can see in the picture. I think I have about 30 pictures of the whole happening, the photopass guy was having a field day. But this picture says it all.:king:

252554_2126551481416_1174779442_2588684_7347866_n.jpg

Supergirl7710

Me too!! I got engaged this most recent summer (2011) in July on my anniversary with my now fiancee. It was actually the first time I got to meet my dad and my sisters and I was in the WORST mood. We had spent the day in HS and it was POURING we actually had to take shelter in the little tower thing right outside the fast pass for tower of terror for like twenty minutes. My cute little anniversary dress was RUINED so we went back to the hotel room, I put on my bathing suit and a poncho and we headed to see the fireworks in Magic Kingdom.

Well since the weather had been SO crappy, there were so many clouds and you could only see the light from the fireworks reflected on the clouds. I was so close to crying because I had wanted to share this perfect anniversary moment with him since we had started planning the trip back in December. So just as the fireworks are ending, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to face my fiancee, about to yell at him because I was in such a bad mood... when SURPRISE! He asked me to marry him :3 I'd never been so happy in my life. Of course I said yes and right as he slipped the ring on my finger? Jiminy Cricket laughs and says "See what a little wishing can do?" From the Wishes music. The moment was PERFECT! and he now wants to start going to disney every year... just never in July again thanks to those Brazillian tour groups who shoved my ten year old sister into a wall in Epcot >_>

wvs3n5.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom