Pre-Trip The Empty Nest is Full Again pre-trip report!

Well, after last year's solo Empty Nest trip, I am happy to say the Nest is Full once again!!

We had a ball but I am so excited to be going back with my son, his wife, grandson (4) and my youngest grandson that has never been. He will be 18 months when we go and he happens to share a middle name with my hero. ;) Yep, that's right, none other than Elias... or as like to call him Little Eli. A huge shout out to his Gigi when they chose the name I threw into the hat for consideration. :) I live and breathe Disney 365 days a year and to know that it was a nod to that love, was pretty darn special.
IMG_0956.JPG

This is his I am going to Disney World face... Precious.. right? :)

Anywho so on to the cast - and specifics!

Hubby and I and will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, something we have done for numbers 15, 16, 17, 22 and 23. (Last year we went in May so missed it. Kinda funny the only solo trip we have ever taken wasn't on our anniversary but go figure..

IMG_0023.JPG

My sweet son whom I call Cap'n Jack in my trip reports, his wife, Tink, Tow-Mater, he will celebrate his 5th birthday while we are there. He celebrated his 3rd birthday there with us in 2015. And my little Eli, with me for a Gigi, I have to tell ya, he may be little, but he knows his Disney characters, especially Mickey and Pluto. I literally cannot wait to see him there!

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1108.JPG

He makes a pretty good Cap'n Jack even if I am biased. ;)

When- 8/30- 9/7 Old Key West Resort 1 bedroom Villa.

We have in the past stayed offsite way back when, then every All Star Resort, Pop, and Coronado Springs the last 3 trips. We booked two rooms at Coronado the previous trip that they went with us but since to get table service free dining we would had to paid the difference at Coronado, Deluxe made more sense. We looked at several options, I adore the Boardwalk but with 5 + a baby it was either a deluxe studio- too small, or 2 br- too pricey. I think we will be happy with OKW. I am just not too sure about the location. We drive though so buses and that are not an issue. I think the space will be great for privacy and for the kids. My husband and I pretty much go, go, go but obviously with kids, they will need a place to chill.

Of course, with the dates we are there and by my avatar you can probably guess... preps for MNSSHP are in full gear! I love to DIY it. Jack, of course is going as the Cap'n once again and the rest of his family are going to be fellow pirates. Not quite sure of the specifics yet, but we may even have a Jack the monkey this year. ;)

Hubby and I are either doing something HM related or sticking with Carl & Ellie. I want to do something different but that just so fits us. We walk hand in hand all the time and he will always be the Carl to my Ellie. I still have my adventure book which is full of past trip photos now so I am leaning towards it again but we will see.

We plan on taking as much in of F&W Festival as we can. I am so glad that it was earlier this year as we love it but I do not like going in November like it was the first time we did it.

Dining we have booked are our regulars-
Ohana's
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House
BoG
Coral Reef
Mama Melrose
New this trip for us Kona Cafe and Art Smith's Homecoming.

It is going to be very different going with 2 little ones again but I did it with mine when they were 2 and I think with all four of us we can handle it- not to mention my littlest fella is a trooper! 100 days to go!!!!!!

Anyone with experience at OKW please let me know what you thought about it.

My last three trip report links here, if you would like to read.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...sshp-free-dining-trip-report-8-29-9-7.889881/

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...report-11-days-with-free-dining.904661/page-3

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...oo-much-food-report-5-9-5-15-complete.913305/

I stink at links on here so if I messed it up.. sorry!

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG
Got home at 2:30 this morning after leaving at 11:00 am Thursday! Hurricane traffic was a nightmare! MNSSHP was a bust, with the storms that started almost as soon as it started. (They did give us a refund which was awesome) We left all of the Jack accessories by accident but he still looked great and managed to get a few pictures before giving up after getting drowned. Full report coming up as soon as I recuperate from the 15 hour drive home that should have taken 8!
IMG_2055.JPG

gdisneyfans

View attachment 227667 View attachment 227666 Got home at 2:30 this morning after leaving at 11:00 am Thursday! Hurricane traffic was a nightmare! MNSSHP was a bust, with the storms that started almost as soon as it started. (They did give us a refund which was awesome) We left all of the Jack accessories by accident but he still looked great and managed to get a few pictures before giving up after getting drowned. Full report coming up as soon as I recuperate from the 15 hour drive home that should have taken 8!
View attachment 227665
Awesome pics! Sorry the party was a bust though:( Looking forward to hearing all about your trip with the grandbaby:happy:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Awesome pics! Sorry the party was a bust though:( Looking forward to hearing all about your trip with the grandbaby:happy:
Thank you. :)
He was an absolute trooper! He loved it. :)
Even in the heat, smiling and happy, we stopped to reapply sunblock and he was still smiling. He loves my sunglasses lol. Barely even made a peep or fuss on the awful ride home too.
IMG_2274.JPG

gdisneyfans

Thank you. :)
He was an absolute trooper! He loved it. :)
Even in the heat, smiling and happy, we stopped to reapply sunblock and he was still smiling. He loves my sunglasses lol. Barely even made a peep or fuss on the awful ride home too. View attachment 227668
:inlove: Oh my goodness he is so sweet!!!! Definitely a trooper because I know what that heat was like just a few weeks prior and seeing the little ones in strollers I felt so bad for them because of how hot it was!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom