The Edison--details announced

TomHendricks

Funny in reading different articles on the Edison how many people think the tower out front is a smoke stack, it's actually sort of a replica of the Edison tower with the light on top! I think I am most excited for this since I was born in a hospital about two blocks from this tower in Edison, NJ.
I lived on Tower Road in Edison, the first house from the tower for several years. Would walk to it all th time, I worked for Gund who's headquarters is in Edison and it was a great place to live.

articos

Hmmm, I was told by someone working on the project that it was indeed the "Edison tower".
Unless something's changed and I'm not aware of it, it wasn't. :)

Edit: I just looked - there are two pieces of art for the building. One is the original brick smoke stack, one is somewhat reminiscent of the Edison Tower with a round piece on the top, but not exactly the same. Someone may have had an idea to update the tower to look like the Edison tower, but it's not an exact copy. That's a new update. I'll do some digging.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

@wdwmagic: This article says that the Edison will go where the Adventurer's Club and B.E.T were. Is the B.E.T. part official or speculation? I ask because the financing documents files by the Edison people only show the AC and two locations underground, but do not include the B.E.T. part. A separate permit was filed by Patina Restaurant Group (who will be running the Edison) for the old B.E.T. address. So I am trying to figure out if this is all going to be combined into the Edison, or will Patina be putting something else on the old B.E.T. plot.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic: This article says that the Edison will go where the Adventurer's Club and B.E.T were. Is the B.E.T. part official or speculation? I ask because the financing documents files by the Edison people only show the AC and two locations underground, but do not include the B.E.T. part. A separate permit was filed by Patina Restaurant Group (who will be running the Edison) for the old B.E.T. address. So I am trying to figure out if this is all going to be combined into the Edison, or will Patina be putting something else on the old B.E.T. plot.
I still haven't been able to confirm that one way or another. There was another restaurant set for that space, but it has since gone very quiet. My current best guess is that Edison is taking all of it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I still haven't been able to confirm that one way or another. There was another restaurant set for that space, but it has since gone very quiet. My current best guess is that Edison is taking all of it.

Interesting. It's also hard to tell from the concept art. There are definitely a couple distinct building designs there but they are all connected together so they could be separate parts of the Edison since we know it will have different themed sections.

The-Edison_Full_24369.jpg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 6. In front of the re-purposed Adventurers Club steel skeleton for The Edison, excavations are underway into the old cast member areas beneath Pleasure Island. Ground level is the platform in the right of the photo. The roof of Paradiso 37 is in the right background.

IMG_5901.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5900.JPG
    IMG_5900.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 87

jt04

Photo update as of Thursday, Aug 6. In front of the re-purposed Adventurers Club steel skeleton for The Edison, excavations are underway into the old cast member areas beneath Pleasure Island. Ground level is the platform in the right of the photo. The roof of Paradiso 37 is in the right background.

View attachment 104554

A mole, living in a hole
Digging up my soul
Going down, excavation
I and I in the sky
You make me feel like I can fly
So high, elevation

kap91

Just got to talk to someone this weekend who's working on the project (and another that takes up the rest of the space) and they are super excited about it in a way I've never seen them excited about any other project (including many disney projects) before. They were pretty mum on details, only that the stuff that's planned is really cool and that fans of the AC experience would probably be very pleased with it. Not sure if it's exactly news but thought I'd share.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just got to talk to someone this weekend who's working on the project (and another that takes up the rest of the space) and they are super excited about it in a way I've never seen them excited about any other project (including many disney projects) before. They were pretty mum on details, only that the stuff that's planned is really cool and that fans of the AC experience would probably be very pleased with it. Not sure if it's exactly news but thought I'd share.

This is an interesting point, since it has been unclear whether the Edison was taking that whole area or not.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Sept 24. The construction of The Edison has not significantly changed in many weeks, since the old Adventurer's Club was reduced to a steel skeleton. The below photos were taken from the new side deck of Paradiso 37, showing the lake-side of The Edison building.

IMG_6560.JPG

IMG_6559.JPG

MarkTwain

Interesting. Did they say how similar or different it would be from the one in LA?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom