The Edison--details announced

TrojanUSC

I tend to agree. My kids have gone to Disney countless times starting at 14 months and 2 months forward now each 20 somethings. The only lounge bar we took them too was Roosters at POR. It is an interactive family entertainment place or they would not have been there either. Now we get to see what we were missing after a couple of decades.

The place is a highly themed nightclub. I'd be shocked if kids were allowed after a certain hour.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Also I think there was a long period of nothingness followed by demolition. Actual building things construction hasn't been going on as long. Plus as everything around it is finished it makes access to the site harder slowing work even further.

Work began on the new buildings in early December 2015.

Texas84

It's obvious now that there must be some sort of gazebo like engineering design in the Edison architectural plans. We know how long those take to assemble.
wallpaper_20100702055656_8537899742.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The place is a highly themed nightclub. I'd be shocked if kids were allowed after a certain hour.

No way are they going to eliminate families. The place will be open way to many hours. Possibly some 'rooms' could be age restrictive but they need the revenue for a place that large. To exclude families at WDW would be financial suicide. They are not looking to repeat the very downfall of Pleasure Island nightclub atmosphere in Disney Springs. History should not repeat itself if they want to financially succeed. The end game.

Jon81uk

No way are they going to eliminate families. The place will be open way to many hours. Possibly some 'rooms' could be age restrictive but they need the revenue for a place that large. To exclude families at WDW would be financial suicide. They are not looking to repeat the very downfall of Pleasure Island nightclub atmosphere in Disney Springs. History should not repeat itself if they want to financially succeed. The end game.

I got the impression that the end of PI came when they did start allowing more in. When the whole island was gated and no one under 18 allowed at night then it was an it more anything goes adult atmosphere and was popular. When they allowed anyone onto the streets and ticketed the clubs only then it ended up with a teenager crowd hanging around and too many young families where it wasn't appropriate with the amount of drinking.

Having one adults only venue would probably actually make it more popular as it is an escape from the kids.

TrojanUSC

I got the impression that the end of PI came when they did start allowing more in. When the whole island was gated and no one under 18 allowed at night then it was an it more anything goes adult atmosphere and was popular. When they allowed anyone onto the streets and ticketed the clubs only then it ended up with a teenager crowd hanging around and too many young families where it wasn't appropriate with the amount of drinking.

Having one adults only venue would probably actually make it more popular as it is an escape from the kids.

As I said, the place is a nightclub first, restaurant second. It would seem that maybe after a certain hour they might make it age-appropriate.

As mentioned above, the problem with PI was when they opened the gates to provide better traffic flow and it caused all kinds of problems. Add to that you had 10-11 nightclubs, too much capacity for most nights/week. One hip lounge/bar for adults seems to be the right about of space.

Kman101

Although I doubt they will restrict, why would you bring kids into a nightclub after a certain time of night? This doesn't seem to be 'just another restaurant' ... I could see them potentially trying to do it. There's plenty of other places to go. Guess we'll have to see what happens.

ToTBellHop

Photo update as of Sunday, July 23. Not much work going on. The only apparent change since my July 3 photo is the installation of silver floodlights on three exterior walls (only two photos here). The inside of the building is still largely empty.

View attachment 217606

View attachment 217607
So it's slowing down gain?

Opening moves to 2018. If I didn't know better, I'd think James Cameron was in charge of this project.

Rob562

Trader Sam's is 21+ after 8pm. I don't see it hurting from lack of families...

-Rob

Gabe1

Trader Sam's is 21+ after 8pm. I don't see it hurting from lack of families...

-Rob

I don't get the comparison. Actually even Sam's is one of the few that is 21+ at night, Sam's is a very small scale resort lounge. Jelly and Dance Hall are 21+ Being on the loop it is a go to lounge, it doesn't take much to fill Sam's up. Edison is hard to compare to Sam's because it is humongous it isn't just a bar but a restaurant too. I'd have no doubt that a room or two will be 21+ doubtful that the whole place would go 21+ in the evening. A good chunk of Disney vacationers have kids in tow and too many bars competing with each other at Springs already to rule out all children in the evening.

njDizFan

I don't get the comparison. Actually even Sam's is one of the few that is 21+ at night, Sam's is a very small scale resort lounge. Jelly and Dance Hall are 21+ Being on the loop it is a go to lounge, it doesn't take much to fill Sam's up. Edison is hard to compare to Sam's because it is humongous it isn't just a bar but a restaurant too. I'd have no doubt that a room or two will be 21+ doubtful that the whole place would go 21+ in the evening. A good chunk of Disney vacationers have kids in tow and too many bars competing with each other at Springs already to rule out all children in the evening.
I always thought Splittsville was age restricted at night also?

Gabe1

I always thought Splittsville was age restricted at night also?
Could be. Wasn't around when my kids were small. At what time?

Edit Disney web says all ages? Maybe a portion. I can't seem to find restriction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom