The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

Alison1975

Original Poster
So it's now Jan 10th.. I have enough money to make ressies( plus some).. but no free dining.. I am torn here.

Do I make ressies and pray free dining comes out...

or

Do I just keep putting money in the bank and wait until it comes out to make ressies?

or

i'm screwed..no free dining for Sept 2012 so no point in saving and praying?

Adventure

Make the ressies!!!! I've been going in September for the past few years and have booked twice hoping the free dining would be released and the Disney Magic came through.
Besides, you would be putting money down and get a head start on paying it off.
I hope it works out for you!

bmarkelon

I need to make a decision
Yay! I need to finish reading your August TR! Loved it, our trips overlapped so I was all over it. Hmm, wonder why that GF didn't get another invite...:lol:
Book it! Something will come through and you can adjust it in your favor. Having the trip booked just feels so good, it's like you get this great little boost in your life that everyone can use...especially in the winter. Our next trip is August again.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yay! I need to finish reading your August TR! Loved it, our trips overlapped so I was all over it. Hmm, wonder why that GF didn't get another invite...:lol:
Book it! Something will come through and you can adjust it in your favor. Having the trip booked just feels so good, it's like you get this great little boost in your life that everyone can use...especially in the winter. Our next trip is August again.

ha ha..as of now they are still broken up..but of course there are days they text each other like crazy..good times!

Ok i am going to call tomorrow and just book it. Money is much safer "sent down south" then sitting here..LOL I def want after the rest of the world is back in school.. but before too much goes into refurb!

Alison1975

Original Poster
My best friend ( who has some 20+ trips now to WDW) spoke to a CM that gave her info that FD for Aug on is supposed to be released on the 31st..now of course, I know this could be hog wash..but I am really hoping it's real. If so you all know what I will be doing Tuesday morning.. making ressieS!!

Mrs.Skellington

I would hold out until March. The FLE should be opened completely by then with the exception of SDMT. I think they do free dining or at least room discounts then.

Edit: Oh BTW, loved your trip report. So much drama and suspense. On our last trip, we took our 17 yo's boy friend with us. OMG Never again. My other 3 will never get to experience that and I will never have to suffer through it either.

Alison1975

Original Poster
I would hold out until March. The FLE should be opened completely by then with the exception of SDMT. I think they do free dining or at least room discounts then.

Edit: Oh BTW, loved your trip report. So much drama and suspense. On our last trip, we took our 17 yo's boy friend with us. OMG Never again. My other 3 will never get to experience that and I will never have to suffer through it either.

We are def going in Sept.. FD or not.. we've def decided that one.

and yep..never again will I bring anyone but my own mother with me!

Alison1975

Original Poster
meals picked

So we've already picked out all our meals. IF there is free dining that is..lol

we will have 11 TS credits..

Spirit of Aloha (2)

Hoop Dee Doo (2)

Garden Grill

Teppan Edo

1900 Park Fare ( Step sisters meal)

50's Prime Time

Cape May

Whispering Canyon

Akershus ( princesses)

Alison1975

Original Poster
Still holding off making our ressies.. we're up to 3/4 of the money we need for ressies..so I am very confident we will be going. Rumors abound that March 1st FD will come out.. I am making ressies the 2nd if dinning doesn't come out.. we are going one way or another!

That said a friend of a friend ( said person is a EX friend of mine)..just got back from 5 days.. they were NOT impressed.. they spent $10,000 to stay at AKL, full dinning etc and they came back havin rode like 5 rides, and saying it was NOT for their 9 year old and was ALL geared towards LITTLE kids..he was too old. He, apparently, likes sports not Disney Characters.. Yes...I almost choked on that one. My kids like sports too..but um.. they like Disney too.. but hey that's 3 people that WON'T ever be in live ahead of me right?

powlessfamily4

I always say if you go to Disney, spend that much money and can't seem to have fun.... you have a SERIOUS problem. They will probably never be happy anywhere they go. I think some people just decide they are not going to have fun and make sure they don't.

Even if you don't like Disney chracters (GASP! passing out) there is tons to do that does not need to directly involve a character. Why didn't they take him to ESPN????

Alison1975

Original Poster
after a 30 minutes wait on hold I am now booked! Had the nicest CM!

With the way they are running the free dining promo this time we ended up at Port Orleans French Quarter, garden view.. i am actually so excited. I loved POP but I am a moderate girl at heart. My little kids are flipping out over the pool..my oldest and my hubby are loving the fact they can take the boat to downtown.. i'm just calculating how many beers I need to sling at work to pay the difference..LMAO.. It was just a no brainer for me to upgrade because the price between a value I didn't really want ( sports) and upgrading the dining plan and a moderate I LOVE with that plan was nominal!

Alison1975

Original Poster
So I see I forgot to put the dates... Sept 17-27th 2012.. 195.5 days and counting.. only 15.5 days until ADR day!!

PartOfYourWorld

You guys are going to love French Quarter!!!!! Just stayed there in the beginning of Feb for a short trip and it is now my favorite resort!!! Our trips actually overlap by a day in September, we'll be at the sister resort of Riverside this time. Glad you were able to snag the free dining!

Alison1975

Original Poster
You guys are going to love French Quarter!!!!! Just stayed there in the beginning of Feb for a short trip and it is now my favorite resort!!! Our trips actually overlap by a day in September, we'll be at the sister resort of Riverside this time. Glad you were able to snag the free dining!

Oh i know! I stayed at POR back when it was stil Dixie Landings..lol.. I'm a Moderate girl at heart but we stayed at Pop in August because the other 2 families we went with stayed there. My kids are so excited for all the "extras" that Pop didn't have!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Dining plans!

Ok we have out dining plans all set!

50's Prime Time for a late lunch

garden grill for dinner ( chip n dale)

Cape may for dinner

Ohana for Breakfast ( stitch)

Rainforest cafe in DTD dinner

Crystal Palace for an early breakfast

Chef Mickeys dinner

Yak and Yeti Lunch

CRT for Lunch

that's our 10 TS credits

Now let's pray i can get them all on the days I want!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ahhhhh

Ok my mother decided the other day that she wants us to have Hopper Passes and she plans to pay for the upgrade..

So that makes my planning sooo much easier!!

Also we decided what day we are doing MNSSHP and such.. only 7.5 days until I can make ADR's!!

on another note..my 8 year old may have strep..again.. In Jan she had a double ear infection, strep and scarlet fever. Then 3 weeks ago the 6 year old had Strep and Scarlet fever..now Ziah has a sore throat and blisters in her tonsils..we go in at 5:30.. so not ready for this. My oldest had strep on and off for 3 months at 8 and had to have them removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom