Pre-Trip The Dole Whip Extravaganza

Hello everyone!! I would like to say "I'm back" but I suppose I never left. That is a sad reflection on the amount of times I have been to Disney in the last year. No complaints from my end though! Anyway, I am back (from yesterday, when I finished my report) to tell you about the trip we have coming up!

Who?
You can all breath a sigh of relief that you will no longer have to look at pictures of just my mom and I. Even she and I were getting sick of looking at ourselves ;)
From left to right the cast of our next trip is : Jills boyfriend Nick, me, my sister Jill, my Mom (Mary) and my Dad (Jeff)
wd035wdw201416686702895.jpg

Sadly my other sister Betta and her fiancé are not coming. My nephew would only be 8 months old and my sister isn't ready to bring him. Don't worry though, he will grow up a Disney fan for sure!
Here Max is in his first Disney ears
IMG_1491.jpg

When?
Jill and Nick will be there from April 29 - May 6
My mom, Dad, and I will be there from April 30 - May 12...thats right 13 days!

Where?
We will all be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter again. Oh man was I desperate to upgrade. I even tried to get the bounce back on two rooms which I couldn't do. I had dreams of staying at the Wilderness Lodge again (which probably is a good thing we are not because of all the construction). We also had dreams of staying at the Polynesian. Every Buffalo Bills game Jill and I would play the 50:50 and waited for our numbers to be called so we could use the money to upgrade. Sadly, it never happened :p Especially for the amount of days my parents and I are going we really couldn't swing staying at a deluxe so maybe next time. Truth be told I really love POFQ anyway, especially the boat ride to Disney Springs! Plus I did get a bounce back for my room so thats something haha

Why?
We actually had planned this trip while at the Princess Half Marathon. I never expected to go to Disneyland and Disney World in-between that trip and this one. No specific reason for this trip other than we talked about doing another family trip and so we planned it (and booked it before our November trip). Actually our trip will coincide with the Flower and Garden Festival which we have never done before so thats nice! It will be nice to get away from this annoying weather!
So much snow in the forecast :hungover:
IMG_1553.PNG

What's with the title?
Some of you with good memories (from way back in my first trip report) may remember that I actually do not like Dole Whips. However, I saw this gem on Facebook yesterday...
IMG_1551.PNG

I promptly sent this to Jill (who has never actually had a Dole Whip before) and she was excited about this so hence a title was born :)
Maybe the rum will make me like it better (do note, I do know you can get a Dole Whip with rum all year long but I have never actually had one haha)

Some prep work:
For me, planning a Disney vacation is half the fun! I spend endless amounts of time on the Disney website reading menus, figuring out what times the parks open, trying to arrange days and trying to pick out Fast Passes that everyone wants. This year I am pleased to say my mom and Jill have really caught the planning bug. My Dad was the one who planned all our trips before I took over the year Magic + started. So, I really should not leave him out as one of the planners, he just takes a back seat role now :) Jill made these super cool Mousekeeping envelopes:
IMG_1461.jpg

I really could not be outdone so I had to make my own (with my mom's help)...I even bought a Mickey Mouse shaped punch (thats a table-pad for our dining room table in the background in case you were trying to figure out why it looks so ratty...usually tablecloths go over haha)
IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

This was my Dads contribution to the project :happy: We all got a little carried away with the punch. Actually he did sit down and help us glue things too which was nice!
IMG_1507.jpg

Jill is even arranging some "themed" days for us. I used to say I didn't like when families wore matching things or similar themes but seeing as how my mom and I matched on several occurrences it actually started growing on us. Our two themed days are: Buffalo Bills gear and favorite ride shirts :) Jill and I also have matching Disney themed Big Sister Little Sister shirts to wear

Next up: Dining Plans

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom