The Disneyland Resort: A Walt Disney World Veteran's First Time - Opinions and Comparisons!

Californian Elitist

I'm really enjoying your comments here, and especially your unique way of rating each land. Thanks for sharing!

That said, I'm confused on your Frontierland and Critter Country comments. You seem to have missed the fact that there are two additional rides on Disneyland's Rivers of America; Sailing Ship Columbia and Davy Crockett Canoes. Plus Disneyland's Tom Sawyer Island got a major upgrade seven years ago with Pirate's Lair which brought a lot of new toys and interactives and animatronic plusses to the old Island.

The differences between the Rivers of America are most glaring this time of year, when both riverboats are in refurbishment at both parks. Disneyland's Mark Twain is closed for four months for major cosmetic care, and WDW's Liberty Belle is closed for four days for mandatory boiler inspection, which also ironically sums up the vast differences in refurbishments and maintenance on both coasts.

But at Disneyland, you still have the Sailing Ship Columbia and Davy Crockett Canoes travelling around the Rivers of America and keeping that massive chunk of the park open and operating for thousands of paying customers per day.
al011508a.jpg

At WDW, with the Liberty Belle closed for just four days, all you've got is a quiet flood control channel. :D
54869969.DSC01194R1kff.jpg

I would definitely give Disneyland's Frontierland the win on that one, especially considering that the Rivers of America makes up over 20% of the available acreage in both parks.

I was thinking the exact same thing. When I saw "one attraction" I thought to myself, huh?

Rufus T Firefly

Fantasyland-

Wow, just wow. What a difference between Walt Disney World and Disneyland. I find that in general, the theming is better at Disneyland and that there are many, many more attractions. Plus, whatever clones are there, the clones at Disneyland are always better. It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, etc. I loved Fantasyland a lot and I can say that I wish I had spent more time there.

Walt Disney World- 5
Disneyland- 7
Perhaps the reason that the "clones" at Disneyland are always better is because they are not clones at all. In most cases, the attractions at Disneyland are the original version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom