The Disney Weddings Podcast

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
Hi guys! I just wanted to let you know that I did an interview with Carrie Hayward, owner of the Disney Weddings Podcast this week. We only briefly talked about my wedding; the episode is mainly about how to preserve and display wedding photos. It's something that I thought might interest other couples here, and also the photographers among us. Check it out! http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2013/12/11/framing-other-ways-to-display-your-wedding-photos/

Also, for anybody planning a Disney wedding, if you're not familiar with Carrie, her podcast, website and e-book are great sources of information.

Minnie_girl

Awesome! :)
75.gif

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
I'd check the website and podcast and see if any specific episodes or posts might have information like what you're looking for. I know the book says that it covers honeymoons, but I don't know how much of it you would find useful, unless you're looking to book some private events.

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
Oh, good! She and I were discussing her doing a welcome bag episode. She wanted to present kind of a pro/con argument (and I am staunchly con after our experience). Looking forward to hearing it!

PeoplemoverTTA

Oh, good! She and I were discussing her doing a welcome bag episode. She wanted to present kind of a pro/con argument (and I am staunchly con after our experience). Looking forward to hearing it!

Oddly enough, although I've used her book extensively during planning, I've never listened to the podcast! I'll have to listen now :)

What happened with your welcome bags? My guests are scattered around, so I think we're going to skip them, but I was contemplating handing something out at the welcome dinner...I don't know, I just feel like they'd be a headache and to be totally honest, I feel like we're doing enough without them, lol.

Sweet Melissa

Original Poster
Oddly enough, although I've used her book extensively during planning, I've never listened to the podcast! I'll have to listen now :)

What happened with your welcome bags? My guests are scattered around, so I think we're going to skip them, but I was contemplating handing something out at the welcome dinner...I don't know, I just feel like they'd be a headache and to be totally honest, I feel like we're doing enough without them, lol.
I should have skipped them because my guests were scattered around too. I was going to hand them out at our welcome party, but nearly everyone blew it off. I ended up just giving them to people the first time I saw them, which ended up being at the rehearsal dinner for a lot of people. More than half left them there and never touched anything. By and large, the people who did bring them back to their rooms also never used anything in them. I'm glad that I didn't invest much time in to doing newsletters or including important information that people never would have read. I filled them with things I thought would be useful: park maps, sunscreen, lip balm, ponchos, aspirin, snacks, etc., but they were very much not appreciated by anyone.

PeoplemoverTTA

I should have skipped them because my guests were scattered around too. I was going to hand them out at our welcome party, but nearly everyone blew it off. I ended up just giving them to people the first time I saw them, which ended up being at the rehearsal dinner for a lot of people. More than half left them there and never touched anything. By and large, the people who did bring them back to their rooms also never used anything in them. I'm glad that I didn't invest much time in to doing newsletters or including important information that people never would have read. I filled them with things I thought would be useful: park maps, sunscreen, lip balm, ponchos, aspirin, snacks, etc., but they were very much not appreciated by anyone.

What a shame! Well I would have appreciated it :)

wdwpooh1027

We just gave each welcome bag to the hotels in our block and they gave them to our guests at checkin. Everyone got theirs without a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom