The Disney Resort Collection catalogue launches today

MrBug

With descriptions like this, though, how can you resist??

"The Encore Plush Pirate Bed, with its woven ship emblem, offers the promise of new realms to conquer. Below decks, this custom-designed, Encore Plush Bed Set sends you on a memorable nighttime journey, with Posturepedic’s superior sleep experience at the helm."

:ROFLOL: Quality!:D

Disneykidder

Before this thread popped up, I saw the link and opened it. I, too, was expecting to see resort merchandise. Apparel with logos, conforters from resorts, merchandise sold in resorts/parks....that would be awesome. If only....

The items off the web site seem posh posh to me. I saw a few things I would order, but was pricey. $1700 for a matress that says princess on it?? Won't a sheet cover it up? What a let down the site was. Yeah, the lamp was cool but not for $250.

BTW, when I was there over the summer I noticed Disney changed their company that supplies their shampoos, etc. It is H2o. They have their own web site and I think their prices are cheaper than Disneys and it is the same thing...just without a Mickey head on the bottle. Who really needs the Mickey head on it? But the shamp/condit are really good. :)

jakeman

Unlike Marriott and Starwood though, the quality of Disney's matresses and bedding is pretty terrible.
I concure. The website surprised me as it doesn't really resemble any of the bedding found in the resorts (in quality).

I have not stayed at a deluxe resort in a while that was not DVC but I don't recall there being such things as duvets or pillowtop mattresses.

Perhaps they will be upgrading their linens and the website was released first?

As it stands now, the quality of linens, in my opinion, at even their deluxe resorts, are not up to the standards of other brands (Hilton, Starwood).

WDWFigment

I'm with most everyone here.

A big missed opportunity thus far. If they expand it to add resort-specific bedding, I will be a huge fan.

For the time being, it seems like they just slapped "Disney" on a page of normal stuff to sell more (with the exception of the lamp).

StephanieS

I actually love the idea that I can order the shampoo and stuff with the cute Mickey head on it! I know they sell it at the stores there, but I didn't pick any up, and now that I don't have a future trip planned anytime soon, I'm missing my mouse!!!

The company who makes Disney's toiletries has had a website for years: https://www.h2oplus.com/

The larger sizes don't have Mickey on them, but the products are nice.

The website is kind of blah, can't you just go to a department store and buy the same white towels, sheets, etc. ? :shrug:

disneypearl

I was wishing it would be more resort specific merchandise. I would love a Pop Century comforter or even the poster that they put up on the walls for the different decades. It would be nice if they added this, but it doesn't look like the direction that they are going. Maybe things will change.

1disneydood

It woud be a perfect website to sell the scented oils. You know,.. burning Rome, Haunted Mansion, Spalsh Mountain water, monorail, etc. :):)

brkgnews

The website is kind of blah, can't you just go to a department store and buy the same white towels, sheets, etc. ? :shrug:

No, the ones on the site are MUCH more magical. :ROFLOL:

Seriously, this ain't a bad start. As someone mentioned, I've seen similar catalogues in higher-end hotels before (Hyatt and Country Inn & Suites, to name a few). Maybe if it makes a respectable showing, future catalogs will have more of what we're really looking for.

jmuboy

I was underwhelmed, but the concept is solid and is similar to other hotel industry leaders. I think if Disney sees the demand it will expand offerings. We just need to email and / or call them with our requests. I would think the most popular decor items from the rooms would also be available in the hotel gift shops.

Not WDW related, but I have LONG wanted a DL Hotel (Anaheim) bedspread. it has concept art and pics of several DL rides on it.

Laura

Premium Member
I thought the same things, but now im glad that they have the stuff so i can redo my room to make it more like a princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to go to disney if we end up going :) all i need to do is get good grades and will go spring break ( we already have res. but i keep having to get good grades):sohappy:

Well, you can buy white bedding anywhere. That's what's being sold there. White pillows, sheets, blankets, and comforters. Just hit up Bed, Bath, and Beyond if you are looking for a white bedding set.

SallyShine

I concure. The website surprised me as it doesn't really resemble any of the bedding found in the resorts (in quality).

I have not stayed at a deluxe resort in a while that was not DVC but I don't recall there being such things as duvets or pillowtop mattresses.

Perhaps they will be upgrading their linens and the website was released first?

As it stands now, the quality of linens, in my opinion, at even their deluxe resorts, are not up to the standards of other brands (Hilton, Starwood).

Disney beds are the worst! I've always been suprised that they haven't upgraded them (at least in the deluxe resorts). If you want a nice bed you have to stay at the Swan.

GrumpysGal

I am with the most of you. This is just too overly priced. I would personally want to touch the sheets and examine it all if I were pay this much. It's just, EH. I hope to see more of the decor. I am anxious to see it, but I don't know if I'd spend the money.

I guess I just don't really need 400 thread count sheets. All of this stuff looks very generic...household items I could get at Pottery Barn if I wanted to.

vickyvale

it's nice stuff and the prices aren't that bad (no more than shopping in an upscale dept. store). I do hope that more branded stuff is added though.

WDWRLD

Very expensive with a lack of variety.....I too was hopeing that there would be resort stuff too. I guess I dont need to bookmark that page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom