The Disney Family Coat of Arms

MKCP 1985

All I can tell you is that it is on display on the Fantasyland side of the walkway at Cinderella's Castle, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World. Maybe somebody has a photo.

Tocpe

Original Poster
Thanks, I forgot about this thread. I found out that Walt doesn't have an official real coat of arms. There is a couple slightly different versions for the Disney name, but they may or may not be related to Walt.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Ok. HERE is a picture of my family coat of arms.

It will help with the explanation of the difference between crest and coat of arms.

As you can see. A coat of arms is very detailed. It has the decor aroud it (the knights head, the red & white feathers, the goose with the olive branch and horse shoe, ect.)

The family CREST is the part in the center, (the white with the red cheveron and 3 black water bagets)

HERE is the best I have found for the Disney coat of arms.

Hope this helps.

Mad Stitch

MKCP 1985 said:
All I can tell you is that it is on display on the Fantasyland side of the walkway at Cinderella's Castle, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World. Maybe somebody has a photo.

Here you go.

It is also on the front of the DL castle above the drawbridge archway.

Woody13

monorail_man said:
EVERY family has a coat of arms, and crest.

Wrong, very few families have them. However, a lot of sales people would like to make you think that to be true. Don't be taken in by this hype. :wave:

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Wrong, very few families have them. However, a lot of sales people would like to make you think that to be true. Don't be taken in by this hype. :wave:

I have done EXTENSIVE research on family crest and coats of arms. I have been researching my own for years.

Trust me, EVERY family name has a crest and coat of arms.

College of Arms said:
Q. Do coats of arms belong to surnames?

A. No. There is no such thing as a 'coat of arms for a surname'. Many people of the same surname will often be entitled to completely different coats of arms.

I other words. A surname, (example Disney), may have MANY different crest or coats. But there is atleast ONE for every Family name.

Woody13

monorail_man said:
I have done EXTENSIVE research on family crest and coats of arms. I have been researching my own for years.

Trust me, EVERY family name has a crest and coat of arms.

Your research has failed you. Heraldry is rather rare. After all, you have to do something to gain heraldry. If it were given to every family, it would be totally worthless. Or do you have a different theory? :wave:

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Your research has failed you. Heraldry is rather rare. After all, you have to do something to gain heraldry. If it were given to every family, it would be totally worthless. Or do you have a different theory? :wave:

You are confusing a family crest and coat of arms with a ROYAL Heraldry.

You are correct in that a heraldry is earned. However every family had a crest/coat to identify them.

Woody13

monorail_man said:
You are confusing a family crest and coat of arms with a ROYAL Heraldry.

You are correct in that a heraldry is earned. However every family had a crest/coat to identify them.

Sales people just love that way of thinking! However, no that is not true. I'm still waiting to hear your theory (if you have one).

Why would a crest or coat of arms be designed for a family that were known to be thieves, pirates, common trash, etc?

Are we to assume that every family in the world has crest or coat of arms? Think about it for just a moment and then you might realize that that concept is unrealistic in the real world.

Don't be fooled by people that desire to scam you! :wave:

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Sales people just love that way of thinking! However, no that is not true. I'm still waiting to hear your theory (if you have one).

I am not stating "my theory", I am stating fact.

Woody13 said:
Why would a crest or coat of arms be designed for a family that were known to be thieves, pirates, common trash, etc?
Are we to assume that every family in the world has crest or coat of arms?

EXACTLY. What, you think the jolly rodger (the pirate flag) was just for story books? It was ACTUALY part of a crest. What better way to make yourself known (and feared) then to wave your crest upon a flag high for all the world to see.

Woody13 said:
Think about it for just a moment and then you might realize that that concept is unrealistic in the real world.

In TODAY's world, you may be right. But you have to rember how things were back then. Familes were identified by their crest/coat/flag.

Woody13 said:
Don't be fooled by people that desire to scam you! :wave:

For some reason you seem to think I am only getting my information from some sales person. I only posted that link above to help discribe the Disney crest to Tocpe. I am a strong member of the SCA and Renaissance Festival groups. I have been doing studies and research in family history from the middle ages for a few years now.

I think I know what I am talking about. :king:

Woody13

monorail_man said:
I am not stating "my theory", I am stating fact.

You are stating your beliefs which are far from being factual. How could an Eskimo family have a crest or coat of arms? Are you so totally egocentric to the point that you ignore the real world? Show me the crest or coat for an unwritten family or culture language! :wave:

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Except for a few individual exceptions from some parts of Eastern Europe[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica], there is no such thing as a coat of arms for a surname - despite the claims and implications of some companies to the contrary. [/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Coats of arms are granted to individuals, not families or surnames. A form of property, coats of arms may rightfully be used only by the uninterrupted male line descendants of the person to whom the coat of arms was originally granted. Such grants were (and are) made by the proper heraldic authority for the country in question. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The next time you come across a product or scroll with a family coat of arms for your surname, remember that just because your surname is SMITH, for example, doesn't give you the right to any of the hundreds of coats of arms borne throughout history by others named SMITH. Therefore, how could an individual or company that has not researched your direct family tree know whether you have inherited the right to display a particular coat of arms? If you're looking for something fun then these items are OK, though misrepresentative, but if you're looking for something from your own family history, then stay away! [/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]If you would like to learn if a coat of arms was awarded to your ancestor, you may want to try contacting the College of Arms or appropriate authority for the country you believe your ancestor was from and request a search in their records (they usually provide this service for a fee). In most countries you can also design and even register your own individual coat of arms based on the arms of someone who shared your surname, or from scratch to mean something special to your family and its history. :wave: [/font]

[/font]

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
You are stating your beliefs which are far from being factual. How could an Eskimo family have a crest or coat of arms? Are you so totally egocentric to the point that you ignore the real world? Show me the crest or coat for an unwritten family or culture language! :wave:

Why would they not??? Are you tellign me that ONLY families from England/Europe have crest? :brick: So I guess then the French dont have a crest, or the Egyption's or anyone else from AROUND THE WROLD. Only the English are special enought to have a crest? :hammer:

No. If I am wrong I am the first to say so. I keep throwing points and facts to you and you keep twisting them and copmaring them to today's word. We're not talking baout TODAY. We're talking about how it was back then.

Woody13 said:
[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Except for a few individual exceptions from some parts of Eastern Europe[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica], there is no such thing as a coat of arms for a surname - despite the claims and implications of some companies to the contrary. [/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Coats of arms are granted to individuals, not families or surnames. A form of property, coats of arms may rightfully be used only by the uninterrupted male line descendants of the person to whom the coat of arms was originally granted. Such grants were (and are) made by the proper heraldic authority for the country in question. [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]The next time you come across a product or scroll with a family coat of arms for your surname, remember that just because your surname is SMITH, for example, doesn't give you the right to any of the hundreds of coats of arms borne throughout history by others named SMITH. Therefore, how could an individual or company that has not researched your direct family tree know whether you have inherited the right to display a particular coat of arms? If you're looking for something fun then these items are OK, though misrepresentative, but if you're looking for something from your own family history, then stay away! [/font][font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]If you would like to learn if a coat of arms was awarded to your ancestor, you may want to try contacting the College of Arms or appropriate authority for the country you believe your ancestor was from and request a search in their records (they usually provide this service for a fee). In most countries you can also design and even register your own individual coat of arms based on the arms of someone who shared your surname, or from scratch to mean something special to your family and its history. :wave: [/font]

[/font]

Now you are confusing a coat of arms with a simple crest.

I will say it again. ALL FAMILIES HAVE A CREST. DEPENDING ON THEIR LEVEL OF IMPORTAINCE THEY MAY HAVE A COAT OF ARMS, AND IF THEY ARE OF ROYAL DECENT THEY HAVE A HERALDRY.

So get your facts straight before you go posting the wrong ones.

Your like a broken record. You keep confusing everything you post.

After you have 3 years of studies under your belt and 5 years of "living" the life, (SCA and ren fairs) then you can post "facts" not just some information you get from some web site.

Now I am done arguing with you. It's obvious that your not going to get it and your just goignto belive what you want. So I wish you a magical day.

Woody13

[size=+0]The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (SCA) is a recreational and social group and has no accreditation or standing in the academic community. In short, the SCA is the last place to go if looking for accurate genealogical information.[/size]
[size=+0][/size]
[size=+0]To reiterate, there is no real Disney crest or coat of arms. However there is a fictional Disney coat of arms located on Cindy's Castle. The Disney coat of arms is located in Fantasyland for a good reason! :king: [/size]

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
[size=+0]The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (SCA) is a recreational and social group and has no accreditation or standing in the academic community. In short, the SCA is the last place to go if looking for accurate genealogical information.[/size]
[size=+0][/size]
[size=+0]To reiterate, there is no real Disney crest or coat of arms. However there is a fictional Disney coat of arms located on Cindy's Castle. The Disney coat of arms is located in Fantasyland for a good reason! :king: [/size]

:brick: :brick: :brick:

You are such a troll.

You know NOTHING about NOTHING. Is it really that hard to just say. "Oops I made a mistake" Try it, its easy.

I have posted LOTS of facts and points, and yet you have posted nothing more then argument.

I am done with you. I can not alow myself to be draged down to your level.

So belive what you want. and have a magical day :king:

Woody13

monorail_man said:
I have posted LOTS of facts and points, and yet you have posted nothing more then argument.

You forgot one thing. You haven't posted any evidence to support your conclusion that a Disney coat of arms does indeed exist. I can assure you that a grant of arms has never been awarded to a member of the Disney family. After all, wasn't that the question?:wave:

http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
You forgot one thing. You haven't posted any evidence to support your conclusion that a Disney coat of arms does indeed exist.

monorail_man said:
ALL FAMILIES HAVE A CREST. DEPENDING ON THEIR LEVEL OF IMPORTAINCE THEY MAY HAVE A COAT OF ARMS, AND IF THEY ARE OF ROYAL DECENT THEY HAVE A HERALDRY.

monorail_man said:
HERE is the best I have found for the Disney coat of arms.

Woody13 said:
I can assure you that a grant of arms has never been awarded to a member of the Disney family. After all, wasn't that the question?

You can ASSURE that????? Let me guess. Now you work for the college of arms? (and yes I know who they are. I don't need a link from you).

Again, I state facts and you are stating argument.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom