The Disney Dream Sails to the Sea.....

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/the-disney-dream-sails-to-the-sea/

post-corners-top.png

bg-avatar.png

The Disney Dream Sails to the Sea

posted on November 15th, 2010 by Jason Lasecki, Public Relations Director, Disney Cruise Line

bg-post-top.png

Less than two weeks after the dramatic “float out” ceremony, we’ve got another Disney Cruise Line milestone to share with you as the Disney Dream moves closer to her maiden voyage early next year.
Late last week, our newest ship said farewell to the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany and made a 26-mile journey down the winding Ems River on her way to the North Sea.

It’s a process known as “conveyance” and it’s unique to the ships built by Meyer Werft since the shipyard is so far inland. The delicate maneuver involved guiding the 1,115-foot vessel by tugboats as she traveled backward down the river to Eemshaven, a seaport in The Netherlands.

Fireworks lit up the sky as she passed through the first sea lock to leave the Papenburg shipyard, and again as she passed the town of Leer several hours later. Thousands of residents turned out all along the river’s shores to cheer her on during the overnight journey.

It was quite a sight, especially since the Disney Dream’s height required removing sections of a few bridges along the route. As you can imagine, the complex maneuver called for careful coordination of everything from weather to tide levels.

The crew is currently conducting sea trials to test the ship’s engines and other control systems out on the North Sea. Meanwhile, work on her interior areas continues at a steady pace in order to get ready for the maiden cruise from Port Canaveral, Fla., on Jan. 26.
We’ve captured a lot of exclusive photos and video aboard the Disney Dream over the past few weeks so if there’s anything you’d like to see just leave a comment and we’ll try to oblige in a future post.

GMRO

VERY KEWL!

Wife and I are taking a cruise in May on the new DREAM. After last year's first cruise on the WONDER we are HOOKED!

Now we split our time between a cruise and WDW.

Never thought it could get any better...BUT IT HAS!

Now I can't wait till MAY2011!!!

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!

KJ1081

This makes me so excited! I don't know if anyone's heard this, but apparently the Dreams' horn is digital and can be programmed to play any song. Youtube videos of the float-out and conveyance show her playing 'A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes", "Be Our Guest"- specifically the part that goes 'Put Our Service to the Test", "A Pirate's Life for Me". I know this has been mentioned before, but for those who haven't heard, it can also respond to the Magic and Wonders' "When Your Wish Upon a Star" with "Makes No Difference Who You Are".

tiaragirl

I need to convince parents/BF/friends that this is a NECESSARY trip immediately.. it's going to be such an amazing ship.

My parents are on the Magic right now, so hopefully Carly and I can convince them that we need to try the new one out when they return..

HS0411

I'm really looking forward to see how the Dream is going to pan out for DCL. As a alumnus crew member of the Wonder, the Dream is just so much bigger. I'm glad I don't have to handle the larger crew :ROFLOL:.

Edisto Pluto

Thanks for posting this. We are booked in September. We are excited in that it will be our first cruise on a Disney ship. All of the reviews have been exceptional for the other Disney ships and this appears to be even better. Our trip to WDW in a few weeks will be even more fun in that we can then start our countdown to the cruise.:xmas:

216bruce

pretty impressive vessel... I've never been on a cruise so I have no idea whether or not I would enjoy it.
If you like any combination of the following you'll love it:
1) Disney
2) eating
3) relaxing
4) visiting really cool places
We are doing cruises #4 The Dream and Bahamas in February and #5 The Mediterranean in July. We weren't sure either if we would like it, but it is amazing and Disney does it first class, like at the resorts. Best part is there are no lines!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom