The Death Star's Attack on Disneys Iconic Earful Tower

space cadet

Original Poster
You might recall back in 2015 , Disney removed the Sorcerers Hat from Hollywood Studios.....well Disney has just announced that it intends to remove the Iconic Earful Tower as well,in order to make way for Star Wars Land and Toy Story land.....so I thought it was only fair that the Star Wars Death Star removes the Earful Tower.

"Hats off" to everyone who spotted the wee joke in the last scene , where Lord Vaders shuttle almost completely obscures the Chinese Theatre at Hollywood Studios , much like the Sorcerers hat did !

The Death Star's Attack on Disneys Iconic Earful Tower

CaptainAmerica

"Iconic" might be a stretch. If you exclude Cast, DVC, and APs, I'd venture that less than 25% of guests have any idea that the Earful Tower even exists.

Goofyernmost

Joke if you must but it was very visible (if you don't spend you life looking at your feet or smartphone screen), it was humorous (especially in the early years when they would decorate it in different seasons) it was unobtrusive, cute and easy to recognize. It served no useful purpose back then and even less now, but, I don't think it really should have to go. It is no where near the area that has been rumored to be Star Wars related, so, if anything it is for something to do with Pixar. It has a very small footprint it isn't going to be replaced by much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom