Trip Report The Day is Hot and Full of Beers *Completed

Winter is not coming (yet), but Summer is here! Lets get right to it!!! This is a TR with my Mother and I at WDW in August. For anyone who did not read my PTR, we planned on 4 days at Bay Lake Tower. My Father was in the original plan but had to stay home for work. My mother ( @luvinthemajik ) was rushed to the hospital for heart problems just days before we were scheduled to leave. She spent two days there and it was bit tense waiting for the test results, but the Dr cleared her for travel as long as she did not drink wine (which she LOVES, especially at WDW) and she had to take it VERY slow since it would be hot.

After my Mom was released and had a few days home to rest,we definitely needed a couple days at WDW to unwind and take it slow. She was also ordered not to drive so I would be manning the wheel. We decided to take her Mini Cooper which is turbo charged and convertible (rain drop). I drove to my parents house at 5 am to pick up Mom and we hit the road!

IMG_20170828_054621.jpg

On our last trip, my parents picked me up and had concerns that I would not be awake at 5 am when they arrived. As you know from my last TR, I was up and ready. I figured I would not have to give my parents the "you better be awake" speech for this trip. I called Mom as I pulled in their subdivision. She was asleep!!! hahahahahaha!!! I was ready to read her the riot act, but then I remembered that it wouldnt be wise to get her heart rate up. Dad woke up and we had her stuff loaded in he car within a few minutes and we hit he road.

Smooth sailing to Florida. We stopped for fuel and that when I realized I Forgot my pith helmet. The gas station had some unique hats, but it didnt feel right.
IMG_20170828_112101.jpg

Some Illuminati one eyed symbolism, lol. Grabbed a quick selfie with Mom and we were back on the road

IMG_20170828_111845.jpg

We were in Florida a few hours later and I realized I had a check in my pocket that a client had written to me. I meant to give my dad to deposit for me but in all the haste of loading the car, I forgot (shocker). We pulled of in the city of Windermere, Fla so I could deposit it. Such a beautiful town to drive through. We left the bank and Mom wanted to go topless!! Of course Im talking about dropping the top on the car....stop with your dirty thoughts, thats my Mom!!!!!

IMG_20170828_130332.jpg

Such a fun car to drive. It hauls serious a$$ with the turbo. I made a quick pit stop for beer near Downtown Disney and soon we were on property!

IMG_20170828_135300.jpg

Mom took the pic of the Disney sign since I was driving. We arrived at BLT and gave the bags to bell hop. She has a handicap plate so I got an excellent parking spot. It was around 130 pm and to my surprise, the room was ready! We headed straight up to unload the bags since we had a 2:25 ADR at BoG.

As @lostpro9het had told me, the lobby smell is AMAZING. Almost as good as YC (IMO). Our room was on the 12th floor. Here is a view from exiting the elevator

IMG_20170828_135548.jpg

That view could never get old!

We had lake view for our room but could still the main building

IMG_20170828_135759.jpg

Mom had decided to get a scooter since walking in the heat would be tiresome. As @fractal mentioned in his current TR, you really get a better understanding of scooters when you visit with someone who needs a scooter. I have a COMPLETELY different and tolerant view of "scooter folk" now.

Up next...waiting on Moms scooter and a completely horrible experience with concierge desk at BLT. Thanks for following along!

@DisneyDogMom57

Last edited:

Songbird76

Day 2 contnd.......

The rope was dropped and we all took off! I made my way to BTMRR first. A quick side note relating back to my comment about seeing a trend of younger CM's that were rude. I was the fifth person who entered the line and as we made our way to the loading area, there was a younger couple (mid 20's) in front of me. They were French (I could hear them speaking as we walked to the loading area). As they reached the load area they were attempting to ask the CM if they could sit in the front. The female was asking the CM and her English was not great but it was good enough. She was asking the CM "can we have car number one"? He replied with, "what"?! with a very disgusted look on his face. She asked again to which the CM replied (still with a ridiculous look on his face), " I dont know what you want". It was very obvious they wanted to sit in the front. The man with her spoke up and asked, "we get number one"? and he even pointed at the first spot. The CM gave him the stupid look as well. The man and woman were now both pointing at the first spot to load the train. I was about to chime in and tell the ignorant CM what they were asking. He looked at them and said "I dont understand what your saying but if you want to sit here, go ahead". He said it with the most rude tone and expression I have EVER seen a CM use with a guest. He was young (maybe 19 or 20 at best). It was clear he understood them but decided to be a jack a$$ about it. The couple did not detect his rudeness and even said thank you with a smile on their faces as they took their spot, to which the CM still gave them a stupid look and did not even say your welcome when they thanked him. I was about to tell the CM that I would be reporting him and that if were not at WDW I would have smacked that look off his face for being so rude. I decided to let it go and add the incident to my email about the concierge and BoG experience. I have the date. time, location and description of the CM , so if Disney cares to do anything about it, they can. I also knew that if I had words with him it would have just put me in a bad mood. I wanted to enjoy the day.

Back to the TR! All Aboard!

View attachment 228191

View attachment 228192

After BTM I headed to POTC and walked right on...

View attachment 228193
expose that super structure!!!!

View attachment 228194
Up next was Aladin. Had not rode this in years. Nice views from the top. I headed over to JC for ride number 4

View attachment 228195

It was 9:45 and I had 4 rides in! Moving right along I ad to trek over to Tomorrow Land for my Space Mtn FP. and ride number 5...

View attachment 228196

dabbed in case any haters were in the area.

After Space I hit a small snag. I tried calling my wife to check in but my phone would not make a call. I tried several numbers and it wasnt working. I could text still, so I asked my wife to try and call me. It never rang. Now I knew I could not make or receive calls. I normally wouldnt care, but I needed to make a few quick calls for work. I am part of the Google Fi project which is Googles cell phone company. It is really terrific and their customer service is amazing. We left AT&T about a year ago and have had a great experience with Google Fi. We were paying AT&T about $200 a month for both phones, now we pay Google about $100-$120 per month. If you dont use all your data, Google deducts it from your next bill which is pretty sweet. Anyway, sorry for the sales pitch, lol. But one reason I love Google Fi is their customer service. You dont have to call them for help. Your phone has an icon you can tap and THEY call or open a text with you. It is really convenient. I opened a chat and while they worked on it I hopped on People Mover for ride #6

View attachment 228399
By the time I was done with People Mover, Google had resolved the issue. Their phones use several networks and even wifi to make calls. It will use the strongest signal and at the time the strongest signal was the Disney wifi and my phone had somehow gotten locked onto the wifi and wouldnt switch networks. They did something on their end and all of a sudden I could make calls again, ...yay!

I headed off to my next attraction with my now fully armed and operational battle statio.... I mean cell phone. Next up was 7DMT!

Ok, computer acting funny (It really only does this on wdwmagic when i upload photos) does anybody else get this issue? It kinda freezes for a few seconds , gonna close it down and restart
What, you didn't call ON the ride with your room phone? Or was that only for the one trip?

Trisha Lynn

I have a COMPLETELY different and tolerant view of "scooter folk" now.

Care to elaborate? I did a "test run" in a scooter at the MN Zoo over Labor Day weekend and I can say from my POV that it really is much harder to drive and still talk to the people you're with than just walking. Getting to the front of the zoo exhibits was a little hard, too.

Sorry for long story but it was seriously some of the worst service from the concierge desk all the way over to BoG manager.

Add me to the list of folks who are really angry on your behalf for that and the other CMs you noticed being rude and well, unDisney.

And will the haters get dabbed on in the on ride photos? I think you already know the answer to that one!

All the Photopass pics you've posted are hilarious, but the expression of the folks in the front row of your first Dino trip is my favorite.

Customer service is an attitude, not a department.

Hear, hear!

Mom had covered her scooter with a poncho

I take it there isn't a covered scooter/stroller parking area near there?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 contd...

Sorry for delay but whenever I start to upload photos, my computer decided to slow down or freeze so I will make short additions ot get this bad boy rolling.

After refreshing at the room, Mom popped back in from the pool and cleaned and headed to Epcot. I left shortly after her. I chirped an Uber as I walked out of the room and by the time I made it to the lobby the driver was waiting. As others hav said, using uber can be a real time saver especially on hot day. I had the driver drop me at Boardwalk Resort so I could enjoy a beer and nice stroll to International Gateway. The ride took about ten minutes and was appx $7 and change. I always few bucks as well. Those drivers work hard and it is still cheaper than "Minnie Van"

Cheers!
IMG_20170829_190209.jpg

IMG_20170829_190333.jpg

The weather was cooling off and it felt much more nice outside. It was a great stroll over to Epcot.

IMG_20170829_191918.jpg

I grabbed a 1664 from France and then headed to get my dessert that I hadbeen waiting for since lunch at Sci Fi

IMG_20170829_192537.jpg

Ice cream macaroon sandwich! Relaxing in the back area of France Pavilion is truly becoming a favorite thing of mine. Sadly, it will be different in a few years when the Rat ride opens up, which will be exciting but also will most likely destroy the peaceful vibe in the area. Maybe not, time will tell.

After finishing my beer and ice cream sandwich, I decided to wash it down with another more beer. In Japan...

IMG_20170829_193625.jpg

I know it seems very short, but I will stop here and continue shortly so my computer doesnt freeze..

Up next....Ill give you one guess. Could it be more beer?

amjt660

Premium Member
I wanted to tell a few of them that the VIP tour group paid a handsome price for that treatment and all those complaining could do the same thing if they ponied up the dough.
Having now paid for a tour I appreciate your sentiment

It was clear he understood them but decided to be a jack a$$ about it. The couple did not detect his rudeness and even said thank you with a smile on their faces as they took their spot, to which the CM still gave them a stupid look and did not even say your welcome when they thanked him.
Glad you took steps to notify Disney in a way that did not ruin your day.
I hate to say it but the USA in general is not as diverse as it thinks/hopes it is and the tolerance of foreigners is not always at an acceptable level
(present company excluded of course)

I had done 11 rides before noon. Not too shabby.
Awesome job - def not too shabby

You also time-traveled to Tokyo Disneyland? Now that's impressive!! ;)
Beat me to it on that one - thought the same thing

Great reporting - continue to follow

Max

bee

The CM that boarded us was a bit over bearing. In each row she did not want anything sticking out AT ALL from under the seats. She got onto people in every row (myself included for a tiny part of my backpack strap hanging out) One womans storage under her seat was full and she had a small bag on the floor which the CM was not happy about. The woman put it on her lap and the CM would not allow that. The man next to her said he would put it under his seat which seemed to bother the CM for some reason as she sighed when the man took it. Then the CM moved to the next row. There was very heavy set lady who had a refillable mug in her lap. Of course the CM demand she store it. The woman was wearing a long dress that was draped over the storage bin beneath and she was a very large woman. She tried to reach beneath the seat but she was not physically able to because of her size. The CM just stood there and told her she had to get it underneath. You could see the woman was somewhat embarrassed as for several moments she struggled and finally told the CM she couldnt. The woman behind her said she would take it. As the woman passed it back, the CM kinda freaked out and said, "no you cant do that", by the time she said it, the woman had already passed it back. The CM shook her head and said "fine". It was very odd how strict she was. She finally closed the doors and we enjoyed our tour with a spotless floor. The CM was not exactly rude in any way, just very overbearing about the storage bins. I understand she was just doing her job though.
That's so WEIRD!!! It's not an actual flight! What the heck.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 2 contd...

After Japan, I stopped by Norway to ride Frozen. This ride has grown on me. I still believe Disney should have given Frozen (their highest grossing animation film ever) a more proper attraction, but this campy little ride is fun.
IMG_20170829_211648.jpg

IMG_20170829_211715.jpg

For some odd reason I crack up every time on this scene where Olaf sings,"youre going to Elsa ice palace!!" I have no idea why, but it makes me laugh.

I grabbed a Einstock White ale at the cart outside Norway. This is one of my favorite beers in WS. And its a large pour which adds value. I did not get a photo of it though.

I got a text from mom and she was waiting for Illuminations to start. She had asked me to bring some extra bottled water for her before I left the room. The scooter parking for Illuminations allows for a great view. I dropped off Moms water with her and headed to Spaceship Earth. I wasnt in the mood to watch Illuminations. I told mom Id see her at the room later and headed off.

Pound that reeds flat!

IMG_20170829_202002.jpg

IMG_20170829_202218.jpg

Another favorite Hidden Mickey of mine. It is one that my wifes Uncle showed us.

IMG_20170829_202243.jpg

Gutenburgs stance looks very uncomfortable.

I headed over to Test Track. I did single rider so I was not able to design a ridiculously slow car
IMG_20170829_221108.jpg

Then headed over to Soarin which was pretty empty to my surprise

IMG_20170829_223923.jpg

After Soarin I headed back to Bay Lake Towers and called it a night. Ofc ourse I got a shaved beef sandwich first. Thats about it for day 2 and my computer is freezing up. Does anybody else have these problems on this website? It seems to happen whenever the commercial ads play. It is seriosuly beginning to bug me. It keeps playing an ad for the tv show Empire, which I dont watch and definitley wont now since ive been forced to listen to it 75 times

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3

I woke up and my left eye was swollen. It felt pretty bad. Mom said it was most likely allergies. Took a bus selfie on the way to AK to document the horror, lol.

IMG_20170830_094123.jpg

IMG_20170830_095340.jpg

I got a picture of the now missing sign.

I wanted to see how busy Pandora gets in the morning so I headed over that way. It was PACKED! The line for FoP was absolutely INSANE!!!

For those who have not visited Pandora yet, FoP is nestled pretty deep inside the land of Pandora. The line stretched from the entrance all the way to Africa. It was bonkers. There is a back entrance/exit into Pandora if your coming from Africa. It is basically just a long pathway leading into/out of Pandora. This long pathway was basically serving as the queue for FoP.

IMG_20170830_101342.jpg

The man in the lower left corner (Hakunah Mattata shirt) is at the front of this section of the line where Pandora ends and the pathway to Africa is where all the people behind him are queued up.

IMG_20170830_101410.jpg

This above photo is all the way around the corner of the first photo (with Hakunah Mattata shirt guy).

IMG_20170830_101442.jpg

And above is where the line ended which was even further down the path than the second photo shows.

IMG_20170830_101452.jpg

I drew a line on a park map to help give you a better idea of how loooooooong the line was

Akmap.jpg

It would be similar if the line from Space Mountain went all the way to Caseys on MSUSA.

After witnessing the long line, it just made want to sit down and relax. I made my way to Dawa Bar and found a seat.

IMG_20170830_101952.jpg

There was a bit of drama as a Mother was running and screaming out a childs name. It was obvious she was looking for a lost child. It was intense. Within a few moments a CM had found the boy and the Mom rushed over and hugged him very tightly. Kudos to the CM and I was expecting the mom to yell at the child but she did not. She just loved on him. They took a seat behind the bar where I was sitting so the Mom could catch her breathe.

While I sat at the bar I was mostly updating my live trip report on wdwmagic. So this part of the trip report is about me writing a trip report on the same website I am now writing the same trip report on. And soon it was time for beer number 2

IMG_20170830_105116.jpg

I was drinking Victory Golden Monkey Tripel ( can i be in the Golden Monkey club @lostpro9het , ?)

I finished my second beer and decided to head back to the bus stop. Yes, I went to AK, walked to Pandora, then over to Africa, had 2 beers, then left. A very unproductive morning in terms of riding attractions Basically the complete opposite of my 11 rides finished by noon the day before. I did stop to get anew fuel rod for my cell phone at Island Mercantile. I cant say enough how much the fuel rod comes in handy. Excellent $30 (one time fee) spent.

Mom and I had our reservation at BoG that we had rescheduled from our first day fiasco. Our reservation was for 1 pm and it was only about 11 am when I hopped on a bus to Polynesian. I figured I would bounce around a few resorts on my way to MK.

First stop, Poly

IMG_20170830_120057.jpg

I grabbed a beer at Cpt Cooks (if I recall) and hung out in the lobby for a few minutes. Then I was off to GF.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 contd...

I had jumped from Poly to GF on the monorail

IMG_20170830_122323.jpg

Made my way outside to stroll around the grounds and enjoy the scenery.

IMG_20170830_122607.jpg

I walked over towards the marina area and grabbed a Heneiken and took a seat to enjoy the view and my beer

IMG_20170830_122939.jpg

I walked over that way for a specific reason. When I proposed to my wife at WDW (many years ago), we had stayed at GF for that trip. Our room was in the building to the left of the photo. On that trip, I sat out on this patio several times to enjoy the view and have beer. It was very nice to return and spend some time. It felt like nothing had changed. I ordered a Heineken to tease my brother as it is his favorite beer so I sent some photos to him while he was at work.

Soon I was at MK with Mom and we were both about to experience BoG for the first time.

IMG_20170830_135915.jpg

We were a bit confused with the huge crowd in the foyer area and a lack of instructions as to what to do. There was no line and it was just a crowd of people. I made my way to one of the registers and we put our orders in and then found a seat in the main dining hall. There were seats in the other rooms but we chose the main room.

IMG_20170830_131914.jpg

IMG_20170830_132536.jpg

I ordered the French Dip

IMG_20170830_133052.jpg

I asked the waitress/server for some cheese and she bought out a few thick slices of gruyere . I added it to my sandwich and I must say it as very, very good.

I cant remember what Mom ordered (what was it @luvinthemajik )?

IMG_20170830_133058.jpg

We both cleaned our plates off and enjoyed the atmosphere for a few minutes. We really liked the snow falling outside the window. When we had first sat down, we were both skeptical of BoG with all the commotion in the foyer and loud environment. But after finishing our meals and soaking the place in, we agreed it was a good experience and would visit again.

After lunch, Mom and I parted ways and I headed back to the room for an afternoon break. I stopped along the way to send some of my sisters favorite style of Disney pictures. (for anybody who has never read my prior reports, my sister takes extremely random and vague pictures at WDW and you cant even tell where they are) I snapped a few sister style pictures and sent to the family on my way back to the room

IMG_20170830_141530.jpg

IMG_20170830_141922.jpg

Magical!!!

Up next..... an afternoon/evening at Epcot and early dinner (solo) at Chefs de France

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom