The Creator Games: Project Revival

spacemt354

Chili's
I thought time travel already was the explanation for the diaromas? I haven't been to Disneyland since I was like 8, so I'm just going off wikipedia.
:p:hilarious:
4ac3c1e014e443d8fb8f4c29ea98ea5f.jpg

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Guys, I really hate to have to say this but unfortunately The Creator Games is going to have to be cancelled from this point on until further notice. I know it all of you are aware of any of it, but recently there has been some really disappointing and upsetting PM drama and politics and that's not what Imagineering is supposed to be about (and out of respect for the integrity of the forum I'd rather keep it all behind the closed doors it is right now and I hope everyone else does the same). Rather than let another SA3 happen I think it would be best to just cut things off now. I apologize for all of this, I really do. Thanks to all for the great work you have put in, and you can be sure that none of that went to waste as all in all this has been a fun experience. You are more than welcome of course to finish the challenge if you would like at whatever pace you decide, but other than that I'm afraid the game is going to be over.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks to all of you involved for a great few sessions. And thank you team drax for being a great team. Hopefully I'll see you all in the next contest.

If anyone needs anything to do until the next big contest starts, the One Sentence Comp is only in prompt 3 and anyone is welcome to join.

RMichael21

Guys, I really hate to have to say this but unfortunately The Creator Games is going to have to be cancelled from this point on until further notice. I know it all of you are aware of any of it, but recently there has been some really disappointing and upsetting PM drama and politics and that's not what Imagineering is supposed to be about (and out of respect for the integrity of the forum I'd rather keep it all behind the closed doors it is right now and I hope everyone else does the same). Rather than let another SA3 happen I think it would be best to just cut things off now. I apologize for all of this, I really do. Thanks to all for the great work you have put in, and you can be sure that none of that went to waste as all in all this has been a fun experience. You are more than welcome of course to finish the challenge if you would like at whatever pace you decide, but other than that I'm afraid the game is going to be over.
Oh wow, this is news to me. This is super sad, I was having a blast. :( But, I respect you so much IDI for cutting it off before it gets out of hand.

TheOriginalTiki

Just so everyone knows I'll still be doing project reviews for the remainder of what gets turned in. BlueDragonFive will be joining me tonight to talk about the Woody's Round-Up project as a huge Toy Story fan, and we'll be reviewing Team Baby Groot's dark ride within the next couple days. I'll probably make a point to cover the Aspects of Imagineering submissions as well.

MANEATINGWREATH

Just so everyone knows I'll still be doing project reviews for the remainder of what gets turned in. BlueDragonFive will be joining me tonight to talk about the Woody's Round-Up project as a huge Toy Story fan, and we'll be reviewing Team Baby Groot's dark ride within the next couple days. I'll probably make a point to cover the Aspects of Imagineering submissions as well.

Likewise, I'd like to announce that Tiki and I will be giving a surprise podcast this Friday morning, Pacific Time in regards to an elusive and highly secretive topic. As for what the content of said podcast is... Well, you'll have to wait and see.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Wow, this is really sad. This has really come out of left field. :(

I had the most fun on the forums here since Sole Imagineer last year... This has been a pure blast! Thank you @IDInstitute for bringing this to us.

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you everyone for the opportunity to coach and be a part of some of the best projects to be put on the forum.

Unfortunately, due to the events - I have lost the imagineering spark, and will most likely be taking a break for a while from the Imagineer forum. Hopefully one day it will return and I wish everyone the best going forward!

Daveeeeed

I would like to thank everyone for bringing us together and for creating a wonderful experience. My team, the coaches, and really just everyone honestly made this another outstanding entry to the competitions here on WDWMagic. Thank you and let's make the best of this and learn from the goodness of the comps and the bad. I think I'm going to take a break from the forums for a bit, but remember let's Keep Moving Forward. I'll see you guys around in a few weeks.

Suchomimus

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Very sad news, however, based on reports, it seems that this is for the best. It is always food to take a bit of time when we get heated to cool down. @spacemt354 , @MonorailRed , and anyone else taking a break from the forums, I completely understand, and can't wait to see you back again, when you see fit of course. Overall, let's use this as a learning experience, and as a reminder: This is meant to be fun!

PS: I am considering putting on a brief interim comp-type entity that is just for fun.

spacemt354

Chili's
Very sad news, however, based on reports, it seems that this is for the best. It is always food to take a bit of time when we get heated to cool down. @spacemt354 , @MonorailRed , and anyone else taking a break from the forums, I completely understand, and can't wait to see you back again, when you see fit of course. Overall, let's use this as a learning experience, and as a reminder: This is meant to be fun!

PS: I am considering putting on a brief interim comp-type entity that is just for fun.
Thank you for that and I will echo your use of "learning experience" -- this is a learning experience for everyone involved, myself included - not only of what can go wrong, but also, what went right.

For instance, take the title of this thread out or the label of a "competition" -- would that decrease anyone's fun that they were having brainstorming with fellow friends and armchair imagineers? My guess is that it wouldn't. And that is a good thing. It means that there are creative minds around the forum, just looking for an outlet to share ideas with each other and such. Understandably, hosting a competition is a lot of work, especially ones with a lot of people involved, trying to accommodate them all. It takes a lot of time and energy, so the learning experience for this is perhaps "competitions" are not always the answer. Perhaps an overabundance of them is not good either.

I don't see what is stopping any of us to rally up a few interested people and building a series of public threads and projects together for fun - only differences between that and a competition is no true due dates, no overarching responsibilities, and more relaxing environment...but it's still accomplishing the same goal of creating projects.

I will be still taking a hiatus from here, as I just kinda need to focus elsewhere - but I saw this post and wanted to give one last parting remark that it's not really all doom and gloom. To quote The Dark Knight, "the night is darkest just before the dawn." Good luck everyone and looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom