The Creator Games: Project Revival

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
--Session 2: Ain't No River Country Wide Enough--
Concept Creation Challenge Results

Like I said in my review, this was really close. Both teams definitely had their own ups and downs. In particular we loved the presentation with both teams, though looked at how they took opposite approaches in the way they themed it. Drax evoked more of a sense of Disney fun and charm, while Baby Groot created a very interesting backstory/lore to match a natural landscape. While Baby Groot had incredible artwork again and very nice style, Drax had more realism to it. Overall, weighing all of these pros and cons, the winners of this session are...

Team Baby Groot!

Congratulations! Trust me, this was an incredibly hard decision, which is why it took so long :p
As for winning this challenge, you will receive an advantage in the next Concept Creation Challenge next session.

However, this session isn't over just quite yet, as we have a new aspect of the game to unveil very shortly, so stay tuned... ;)

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
--The Nova Prime Boardroom--
latest

All competitors so far have been very impressive and enthusiastic over these last two challenges, yet with that passion, there can only be one winner of The Creator Games - and so comes the factors in determining who remains and who leaves.

The Creator Games presents The Nova Prime Boardroom. At the end of each Session, players from the losing team (or lowest ranked players in individual rounds) will be selected to enter this room, where their future fate will be determined. Players sent to the Boardroom will have the opportunity to write a personal testimonial, or plea, for why they feel they deserve to remain in the competition. These pleas can be as long or short as you like, but their purpose is to provide the individuals the chance to go over their accomplishments in The Creator Games, and why they feel they deserve to play on.

For those who don't know, here in Project: Revival, we're reviving perhaps the most liked and successful elimination process ever used! This type of process has been used in the past, and you can review it for examples here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-international-edition-the-board-room.886895/

With this talented group of players, it will be an amazing ride to the finish line and we can't wait to see what happens. This process will begin this round, but due to two inactive players, we will skipping the "plea" process and simply move straight to the decision.
And as we get closer to the end of Session 3, we will drop some more tidbits about this so everyone is comfortable and prepared. This will not be the only elimination process this season, as Sudden Death challenges will make an appearance too ;) If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask on the main thread or PM your coaches.

At Team Drax, @AdventurerEllie and @orlando678- have been inactive thus far the entire season. Therefore, we are going to simply eliminate them here. I'm sorry you weren't able to compete, but you've shown in the past that you both can do amazing things here, so be sure not to go too far! :D

Lastly, as a side note, @TheOriginalTiki will be joining Team Drax as a coach due to some inactivity to try and keep things even!

As for the rest of you, everyone enjoy and have fun in Session 3!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Session 3: Once Upon A Moonage Daydream

This session, we will be heading to the original, the one that started it all, the Happiest Place On Earth! That's right, we're going to Disneyland as our next mission as part of Project: Revival!

This session will consist of:
-Team Concept Creation Challenge
-The first AoI challenge...with a twist!
-A visit to the Nova Prime Boardroom

The Teams of our 18 Guardians:

Team Baby Groot (with coaches @spacemt354 and @MonorailRed):
@Brer Oswald
@C. E. Myatt
@Disney Dad 3000
@Expedition626
@FigmentPigments
@Jsly
@MCParradox
@OvertheHorizon
@Poe Dameron

Team Drax (With coaches @Sam4D23, @MANEATINGWREATH, and @TheOriginalTiki):
@Angels and Disney's
@David2319
@DlpPhantom
@DSquared
@IAmNotAHufflepuff
@kmbmw777
@Magic Feather
@Pionmycake
@RMichael21

The Concept Creation challenge will be posted momentarily.​

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
--Session 3: Once Upon A Moonage Dream--
Concept Creation Challenge

1955SnowWhitesScaryAd1600.jpg

What made Disneyland special was how it created quality attractions and experiences that the family can enjoy together. One of the most classic styles of rides that fans cherish today are the old, storytelling Fantasyland dark rides, and your next mission of Project Revival involves bringing these back!

For your third concept creation challenge in your two teams, you must design a new, IP based c-ticket Fantasyland-style dark ride for Disneyland.

The only caveat here though is that the new dark ride may not be located in Fantasyland; it has to go in any other land of the park.

As I'm sure you all remember, Team Baby Groot has won an advantage in this next CC challenge after winning the previous one. For their advantage, they have the option of designing the dark ride for either park, DL or DCA. Team Drax is only allowed to put their dark ride in Disneyland park (again, anywhere other than Fantasyland).

If you have any questions on what is being asked of - you can post them to the main thread here or ask your coaches in the team brainstorming PMs.

This challenge is due Monday January 23rd at 9:00 PM EST.

Good Luck teams!​

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

What made Disneyland special was how it created quality attractions and experiences that the family can enjoy together. One of the most classic styles of rides that fans cherish today are the old, storytelling Fantasyland dark rides, and your next mission of Project Revival involves bringing these back!

For your third concept creation challenge in your two teams, you must design a new, IP based Fantasyland-style dark ride for Disneyland.

The only caveat here though is that the new dark ride may not be located in Fantasyland; it has to go in any other land of the park.

As I'm sure you all remember, Team Baby Groot has won an advantage in this next CC challenge after winning the previous one. For their advantage, they have the option of designing the dark ride for either park, DL or DCA. Team Drax is only allowed to put their dark ride in Disneyland park (again, anywhere other than Fantasyland).

If you have any questions on what is being asked of - you can post them to the main thread here or ask your coaches in the team brainstorming PMs.

Similar to last round, here are the options for your due date:
Sunday January 22nd or Monday January 23rd
5:00 PM, 7:00PM, 9:00PM, 11:59PM EST

You may discuss with your teams what works best for everyone, and this post will be edited later with the final deadline.

Good Luck teams!​
I knew it was going to be this, and I've gotta say, this is MY CHALLENGE!!!! I'm stoked!!!!

tcool123

I missed it. I decided I needed sleep :(. I'm hoping that they can keep up with stock.
Based on preorders not the case, and preorder stock is pretty much all gone :cyclops:
This was within a 12 hour period from the livestream btw.
Hopefully we don't run into a similar situation that fell upon the NES Classic were stock v demand were imbalanced, and now we have NES Classic being sold from anywhere to 100 dollars (if lucky) to I believe I saw once 500 dollars. Luckily my mom had an insider at Toys'R'Us, and he was able to get one for her for Christmas for me. Although tbh this is the first time my mom has ever played a console, and she's probably played more than I have.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Based on preorders not the case, and preorder stock is pretty much all gone :cyclops:
Hopefully we don't run into a similar situation that fell upon the NES Classic were stock v demand were imbalanced, and now we have NES Classic being sold from anywhere to 100 dollars (if lucky) to I believe I saw once 500 dollars. Luckily my mom had an insider at Toys'R'Us, and he was able to get one for her for Christmas for me. Although tbh this is the first time my mom has ever played a console, and she's probably played more than I have.
I'm hoping this doesn't become the case either. :(. Time will tell luckily I'm moving in March so I probably won't need to get one until April.

tcool123

I'm hoping this doesn't become the case either. :(. Time will tell luckily I'm moving in March so I probably won't need to get one until April.
I mean there's not even that many games at launch. There's Just Dance 2017, 1 2 Switch, LoZ:BotW, and one more game I can't remember. I would like it on launch, but knowing my mom she'll wait till my birthday in April to give it to me. Acting like she did all she could like the first time with the NES, and of course I believed her because pretty much almost no one got one. However I would like it for MArio Kart 8 Deluxe which comes out a week or so after my birthday which offers a great way to past time in Engineering. I mean we already play games like BS, Blackjack, 2Way Spit, 3Way Spit, Tongues, Spoons, Assassin, Mafia, President, Insult, Slapjack, Nervous, Squares, and our favorite The Sims 4 where we're on the constant quest to get all the deaths so far we only need the emotional ones. As you can tell Engineering is a very busy class.

Daveeeeed

For your third concept creation challenge in your two teams, you must design a new, IP based c-ticket Fantasyland-style dark ride for Disneyland.

Similar to last round, here are the options for your due date:
Sunday January 22nd or Monday January 23rd
5:00 PM, 7:00PM, 9:00PM, 11:59PM EST

You may discuss with your teams what works best for everyone, and this post will be edited later with the final deadline.

Good Luck teams!​
What year is this supposed to be set in? Opening day is a massive difference than adding one even in the 70's. And obviously today. Great challenge idea BTW!

Brer Oswald

I got extremely lucky and ordered at 6 pm on Friday. Online said it was all sold out, but I called my local GameStop and asked if they had any left, turns out that they did. Probably because I'm in Canada, it was easier to get my hands on one...but it costs me in extra $100!!!:banghead:

Brer Oswald

I mean there's not even that many games at launch. There's Just Dance 2017, 1 2 Switch, LoZ:BotW, and one more game I can't remember. I would like it on launch, but knowing my mom she'll wait till my birthday in April to give it to me. Acting like she did all she could like the first time with the NES, and of course I believed her because pretty much almost no one got one. However I would like it for MArio Kart 8 Deluxe which comes out a week or so after my birthday which offers a great way to past time in Engineering. I mean we already play games like BS, Blackjack, 2Way Spit, 3Way Spit, Tongues, Spoons, Assassin, Mafia, President, Insult, Slapjack, Nervous, Squares, and our favorite The Sims 4 where we're on the constant quest to get all the deaths so far we only need the emotional ones. As you can tell Engineering is a very busy class.
Launch is very slim, and the other game is Super Bomberman R. All I need is BotW, and then I might get MK8 Deluxe in the spring (this is a hard decision because I already on it on Wii U, but it was my favourite Mario kart). The Odyssey trailer blew me away, and convinced me on the spot that I needed the system, didn't matter the cost. @Voxel I'll tell you what I think of the system on March 3 ;).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom