1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Creator Games: Project Revival - Infinity Brainstorm

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by spacemt354, Dec 9, 2016.

1. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

The Creator Games: Project Revival
    --Infinity Brainstorm--

[​IMG]

Welcome everyone to the Infinity Brainstorm Thread as part of The Creator Games: Project Revival Imagineering Event!

The theme of "revival" will permeate throughout the games beginning in January - from restoring classic Disney touches in the resorts, to "plussing" areas that are either abandoned, or are in need of some attention.

With that in mind - Project: Revival will the next in a long line of imagineering events over the last few years on this forum. In this thread, you'll have the opportunity to brainstorm with others, on ways to "plus" or "revive" old imagineering projects on the forums or simply areas in theme parks that you yourself would like to see! If you're a long-time member, maybe you can look back at some of the projects you worked on and hone your skills by refurbing them in anticipation of January 1st! :bookworm:

Or, if you're a newer member to imagineering, this is the perfect opportunity for you to see all of the projects of the past in one central location, or create your own ideas, and be able to interact with your fellow armchair-imagineers in a relaxed and chill brainstorming environment!

If you have a FastPass+ for Project: Revival - this will be a great thread for you to get you "hooked on a feeling" for the event! And even if you don't, or are still thinking about it, you're more than welcome to come on down and throw in some ideas with everyone and get conversation going!:geek:

We'll help everyone get started with some projects to look at. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and hope you have a great time in Project: Revival!:)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  2. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's Original Poster

3. spacemt354

To kick off the brainstorming -- let's go back to The Creator Games - Season 1

Ironically - the first project of Season 1 had several Guardians of the Galaxy overlays of Stitch's Great Escape:p - this one being one of my favorites!:D

Here is the original project prompt for reference
    And here's the project we're looking at!
    My question to the cast -- and anyone following along would be...what's your favorite aspect of this project? And what aspect would you like to see "plussed"?:bookworm:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  4. IDInstitute

IDInstitute Well-Known Member

Just to add to this, for those who may not know, this thread isn't really part of the actual competition, but just rather a fun, side-challenge that's open to everyone, even if you aren't signed up for the main challenge, and completely optional to those who are! Just a fun way to get the community going! :D :)

5. spacemt354

Exactly!

Open Brainstorming and fun as we await January 1st and beyond!:bookworm:

Siren, S.P.E.W, Poe Dameron and 2 others like this.
  6. spacemt354

I'll join in and critique one of my own projects:D

This was from @IAmNotAHufflepuff 's The Road Trip competition back in Feb-April. It was the final project and I just ran out of time...I was working on a Haunted Lighthouse in Cedar Point...using Toy Story Mania type technology...though again I never got the story quite right because I kept thinking on Disney budget terms, however for Cedar Point they wouldn't have that kind of budget:p

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll post some of mine as the days go on...because I actually do want to finish this...and "revive" it!:geek:

7. IAmNotAHufflepuff

IAmNotAHufflepuff Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more of the actual Guaridans. They aren't there that long, and the action set-piece ends a bit anti-climatically. Maybe if the action lasted a little longer, this would be phemonal.

Other than that, this is really great. One of my favorite Creator Games projects! :D

Siren, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  8. spacemt354

I agree! That I think the ending could use a bit of tune-up!

However, this project is really detailed and I like the illustration as well of the theater...

Siren, IAmNotAHufflepuff and S.P.E.W like this.
  9. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

10. spacemt354

Siren and S.P.E.W like this.
  11. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

The vehicle design and ride system are just one small part of how amazing this attraction would be; if this really is Mario Kart:The Ride, think about the courses, the random items the riders pick and the effect that they have; I can tell that this is going to be among Universal's; and the theme park industries; greatest achievements in technological theme park and resort innovations (if the rides don't break down or have that many technical difficulties)! :D:inlove::joyfull:

Siren and spacemt354 like this.
  12. spacemt354

I certainly hope so! I have high expectations!

Siren, David2319 and S.P.E.W like this.
  13. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees Premium Member

I still like the technology idea on this concept :D But I'll change the storyline :bored:

I'll give a full summary on fixing this tomorrow :cool:

[​IMG]

14. spacemt354

[​IMG]

Cool beans:bookworm: I have some others to fix as well as we wait for Jan 1st!

There have been so many projects on the forums!

15. spacemt354

[​IMG]

@MonorailRed -- Make sure you bring it down hard if you have critiques...I can take it. :p

16. spacemt354

Or be chill, whatever floats your boat..:joyfull:

[​IMG]

17. MonorailRed

MonorailRed Applebees Premium Member

This is going to be the best brainstorming thread on the forums.... :cool:

[​IMG]

18. spacemt354

Even Ronan will join in
    [​IMG]

19. Siren

Siren Well-Known Member

OMG. I'm always late to the party! Like, I was just on here and I did not see this thread.

[​IMG]
    Anyway, don't mind me. I'm only here to observe.

@spacemt354 -- this is awesome. Thanks!

tcool123, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  20. C. E. Myatt

C. E. Myatt Member

Okay, so, this may sound a bit ridiculous, but what about having Disney buy out creationist properties, and the players have to secularize them with minimal changes? Of course, there aren't too many good ones out there, and I was doing a page on one already, but it fits with the revival theme, right?

Siren, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.