Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
We needed to stop by the photo shop at the front of the park in order to add some pics to the Magic Band.

xPczGf0OO1JL7htG4eju61wIO5_iON1ajl3DM0AX5HA8=w807-h454-no

Mom is obsessed with Starbucks so she got really excited to see this!

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8999.JPG

IMG_9001.JPG

Niles trying the Coke!

IMG_8993.JPG

Beverly

IMG_8997.JPG

We saw earlier in the day that they have cronuts! Soooooo....I'm preggo after all!

My friends Ferdinand and Hildagard keeping me company while I waited for Niles to come back with the Cronut!

IMG_9005.JPG

You have no idea how happy I was!

IMG_9008.JPG

After this, we headed to Canada. I was getting super tired and didn't want to stand through O'Canada movie and sitting on the floor is fine...but getting off the floor is a whole other story. So Niles stayed with me and we went into the shops. Mom was gonna watch but it was quite a wait so she joined us and bought her grandchild the CUTEST pair of little red and black pjs from Canada! SO CUTE! (I have to wait to my shower to get them. :) )

After Canada, we headed to the UK where mom got some fish and chips, her fave, found a bench and listened to the music...I think it was the Beatles tribute one??? I can't remember. Mom decided not to join us for Rose and Crown since she was tired too. So I checked us in and mom finished dinner and when our table was called, she headed back through the IG to meet dad at the BC and Niles and I went to our traditional Rose and Crown.

My fave appitizer!

20140224_194250.jpg

LOOK EVERYONE!! Potato Leek Soup is back on the menu for the "seasonal" soup! WOOP WOOP!

20140224_194258.jpg

IMG_20140224_194655.jpg

Niles and his appitizer???

IMG_20140224_193936.jpg

Look at the fancy drink I got!

IMG_20140224_192719.jpg

Our waitress was amazing and we did have a seat outside to watch Illuminations.

We did decide though after this trip, a 10 year tradition was going to be retired. We have always gone to Rose and Crown since our honeymoon. They made it so special for us by first squeezing us in for the first night of our honeymoon and giving us such special treatment. For the past 10 years, we have had dinner here the first night at Epcot every trip. I would always get the shepard's pie. And the past few years, they took it off the dinner menu and its only on the lunch menu. For the past few years, they have always had left overs that I could have for dinner but not this trip. They were all out. So, I got the steak and was underwhelmed. There was nothing else on the menu that really speaks to me so between the Shepard's Pie and the "seasonal" potato leek soup, we decided that we will go there for lunch or just apps in the pub from now on. Plus, we ended the tradition with the best way possible. We decided our son' name, sitting at the table. One day, he will join us there for dinner and we will tell him all about it. And when he turns 21, we will take him there to do it proper.

I was pooped so we decided to skip Illuminations and headed to our resort to the new room. Here it is!

9DoAxsGNXiCjRAgcbRdP1TW5BqKpI6Z3vuf601gsPMBq=w303-h454-no

IMG_9013.JPG

IMG_9017.JPG

IMG_9018.JPG

IMG_9025.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We brought dessert home with us from Rose and Crown...and then we heard it...the surprise...

IMG_9029.JPG

WE WATCHED ILLUMINATIONS FROM OUR BALCONY EATING OUR DESSERT!

IMG_9037.JPG

IMG_9039.JPG

We ended the evening with a swim in the pool. For the first time in over six months, I floated. No weight on my feet or butt! HA! I plopped my little pregnant self in a tube and floated! It was the best feeling in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

LOVE this TR so far!!! What a great way to do the reveal! It's so clever! I've never seen anyone take that approach before! :)

It's such a bummer when restaurants change their menu and you can't find anything appealing on it anymore! :( There are a couple places that had entrees I loved but then they got rid of them and I just didn't find anything else I really liked on the new menus. New traditions will have to be born then! :)

Ariel484

Congratulations!! Loved the story of your reveal and coming up with the name at dinner! :)

Two food comments...

1. Yes, you need to try the ice cream in France. Specifically the macaroon ice cream sandwich. So good!
2. Your idea of going to Be Our Guest for soup/apps is a good one. I was there last month for lunch (same weekend as you!) and had the Potato Leek soup and it was DELICIOUS! Highly recommend it!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Congratulations!! Loved the story of your reveal and coming up with the name at dinner! :)

Two food comments...

1. Yes, you need to try the ice cream in France. Specifically the macaroon ice cream sandwich. So good!
2. Your idea of going to Be Our Guest for soup/apps is a good one. I was there last month for lunch (same weekend as you!) and had the Potato Leek soup and it was DELICIOUS! Highly recommend it!

Thanks! I tried the French Onion Soup first...you know, when in france! :) But I was very tempted by the Potato Leek!

Britt

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! CONGRATS!!! I know you've waited a LONG time for this moment! Im not even hiding the fact that Im crying. Im so so happy for you!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Next up - DHS!

Besides the day we found out what we were having, this was one of my most favorite days. It was filled with surprises and unexpected happy moments. :)

We started the day heading to DHS via the boat. Another reason we love staying at BC.

Selfie time!

RQxxKS_rmiHW3nb0JvGUxtEhOQtVWRM-Ftw2EJO3_AiG=w605-h454-no

20140225_093228.jpg

20140225_093257.jpg

I didn't take my big camera this day so I used my phone for the shots. I played with panoramic to the full sense of the Beach Club and Boardwalk.

20140225_093306.jpg

20140225_093310.jpg

20140225_093356.jpg

20140225_093434.jpg

We got to DHS and first had a fast pass for Toy Story Mania. I will be honest, I love the new fast pass system for this reason. You don't need to break your neck to get to the park for a fast pass when you have this system. I think ours was for 9:45 a.m. so we leisurly made our way to DHS.

IMG_20140225_101935.jpg

We have not ridden TSM since the first year it opened! WHAT?!?! Its true! We never were able to score Fast Passes that would would work. We would get there, and by the time we did, all FP were gone or for in the evening and then we would have dinner at another park for dinner. So it never worked out. We were so excited to ride again!

IMG_20140225_100255.jpg

IMG_20140225_100332.jpg

IMG_20140225_100446.jpg

IMG_20140225_100949.jpg

I won! :)

20140225_101620.jpg

disneygirl76

Original Poster
After TSM, we strolled over to Starring Rolls where we wanted to eat. I am not sure what I am doing wrong going here. I have heard this is the best place to eat but when we go there, there were only two sandwich choices available that were premade - neither that I could eat b/c of the preggo/lunch meat thing. And other then pastries, bagels and muffins, nothing for breakfast. So we didn't eat here again.

So we headed to Pizza Planet, thinking we could eat but it wasn't 11 a.m. yet. So we quick did the Muppets and strolled around the shops.

I take this picture every year!

20140225_111655.jpg

With the new Muppet movies out, I would love to see this film revamped. I don't like the weird 3 - D bird thing but I do love the Muppets so its something we do every time we go. I hope this is on the plan for an upgrade!

I always forget to look up....but look up - espcially in the Muppets shoppe!

IMG_20140225_104442.jpg

The lockers for the muppets

IMG_20140225_104656.jpg

IMG_20140225_104536.jpg

Pizza Planet was finally open and we had lunch. I do like the pizza there and think its a great CS meal value with the salad, pizza and dessert and drink.

For those of you on the cupcake tour, here is the Valentine's Day Red Velvet cupcake!

20140225_111225.jpg

I will say, as tempting as it is to do the cupcake tour....and honestly, what better excuse then b/c you are preggo...I've been really careful about what I eat and decided to skip the temptation. But I had to endulge a little bit!

Next fast pass was for Star Tours. I couldn't ride so my DH rode both my FP and his. :) A good plan. And while I was waiting ...I found her.

I found the Photopass photographer with a light saber on her hip!!!!!

wd015wdw201405648509696_19.jpg

wd016wdw201405648509698_19.jpg

Not exactly princess lelia but....

wd044wdw201405648509180_6935684185_18.jpg

wd046wdw201405648509241_6935684186_18.jpg

wd049wdw201405648509242_6935684333_18.jpg

After two rides on Star Tours, we were tempted to watch Indiana Jones Stunt show. But it was never at a the perfect time for us so we skipped it. We strolled to the Tune In Lounge and got a milk shake and to see what we wanted to do. There is not a lot at DHS for me to do except the shows. We had just done Beauty and the Beast the last trip, I didn't want to sit in those bleachers in the sun for the Cars show and Indiana was the other one and times ended up not working out.

We had done Pixar Place, Muppets and Star Wars so we headed back to Animation stopping at the Great Movie Ride. (We got stopped several times, once thinking they were going to have to pull us off the ride)

IMG_20140225_132736.jpg

IMG_20140225_132841.jpg

IMG_20140225_134349.jpg

IMG_20140225_134447.jpg

I had never sat up in front and it really makes a big difference. I enjoyed it so much more.

IMG_20140225_134511.jpg

I will say about this ride...and its a fun classic at DHS...but the actors often over inflect. To the point where you can't understand what they are saying and it ruins the skit. I think they need to work on that with the "actors".

I love meeting characters so we checked the list at Animation and nobody really jumped out at me. It was getting later and I was tired so we strolled through the shops waiting for our last fast pass to see the little mermaid show. I remember this from a long time ago, back when I went with my parents so we are talking over 15 years ago. And the transition from Mermaid to princess at the end of the show was "rough" I will say. But now, I don't know what they do....and how they do it....but the transition now is so amazing!

On our stroll to Tower of Terror, I stopped to take a pic of Sofia!

20140225_123932.jpg

The line was SO long but she is a fave! :)

We decided that we were pretty much done at DHS at this point. We checked the wait time at TSM to see if it was worth riding again and it was too long so we headed to Tower of Terror just to see it and my DH was thinking of riding single rider for Rockin' Roller Coaster. I was totally fine with him riding solo but he said they were more fun to ride with me. Ahhhhhhh :)

IMG_20140225_150403.jpg

IMG_20140225_150552.jpg

IMG_20140225_150612.jpg

IMG_20140225_150814.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom