Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

Tinkerbell397

How wonderful!!!!!! So glad that your trip was as Magical as it could be. Congratulations!!!!!!!
What a wonderful video to show your son someday. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and easy and prayers for a quick delivery.
Just noticed that you live close to DC. My lives in a small town north west of DC....Poolesville. She lived in Bethesda, Columbia and Gaithersburg. Now she and her husband and my 1 year old granddaughter live in Poolesville. I love the DC area! :cat:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
After we found we were having a boy, we had to head right to CRT for our celebration lunch. Mom had never been and what more perfect and magical way can you celebrate such a big event then dining with Cinderella at the Castle!

Mom was super excited! We were all still coming down from our high of finding out. It was like coming down from the biggest sugar high ever! Mom was snapping pictures left and right. And got super excited seeing the suit of armor...for the little prince. :) *** there is a big difference in pics - some my big camera and some from my mom's phone. ****

ugUJPX0YzOigi-ARRgK0VO5n8LAYjKCQRuhiGGHtxPFF=w255-h453-no

20140223_142750.jpg

IMG_8739.JPG

Well hello gus gus!

20140223_144451.jpg

Here we are meeting Cinderella!

wd075wdw201405447977684_6937102247_18.jpg

Kmoh-wm9F9avwlUBl_aAGYTwqIlCfdn82QAUldn0fX83=w681-h454-no

Ladies - does it bother you too that Cindy always turns your back to you and moves in on your man!?!?!?!

CRT is not my favorite place to eat. Breakfast is great, but for lunch and dinner, you are paying for the experience over the food in my opinion. It was such a treat to have my mom experience it once. Here is some of what we had for lunch.

For lunch, I had the salad, mom had the fish, and my DH had the beef. The cheese and honey and cracker app that came was really nice and nummy. And the meal was good. But didn't blow me away. But it was good. The desserts were amazing though.

Mom's Dessert

20140223_154008.jpg

DH and I had the same dessert - strawberry cheesecake! YUM!

RsfnRQlfCaq7DN9IWtTatyJl1eZBhlG_xGEbwounflc2=w155-h207-p-no

The princesses we met played along really well to our having a little boy. It was cute some of the things they were saying. Merida especially was hilarious about our little boy and turning him into a bear like her brothers.

20140223_154040.jpg

Mom and Arial - she loved mom's starfish shirt

R8NfW9a9tVIEfguQPpYWu9f6LmgZcuBVwiBwExgqFNPd=w155-h207-p-no

20140223_154742.jpg

20140223_153925.jpg

20140223_154942.jpg

We got a little sword for our little prince and a waitress brought us extra star wishes to celebrate the special event. All in all, it was a great way to celebrate our big reveal!

Ok, more to come. Next up...the mouse ears, impromptu photo shoot, rides and the beast! :)

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
That's the best gender reveal I've ever seen!!! Congratulations!! And on a side note...when did Merida join the princesses at CRT??? I had no idea!

Not sure! I was surprised to see her! I think when belle went to beasts Castle but i'm not sure. I thought Rapunzel maybe since Merida has her own area. It was a nice surprise - she was funny! But I was hoping for Rapunzel. :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
After lunch, we had one more important task before hitting the rides and getting mom's fast passes (more on that later).

We headed to the Chapeau Shoppe to get our little man's first ears.

IMG_8750.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

We waited for the ears to be embroidered and then headed back to the theater to do mom's fast passes.

u9qTtlULrjudQErm5BTq91sRCcHmPA0pESTPTiU1qI1r=w681-h454-no

Here is how it works if someone with out a magic band makes fast passes. Niles and I made ours ahead of time. We weren't really focused on them as that wasn't the goal of this day at MK but there were a few things we wanted mom to ride, like Peter Pan, which we couldn't get for her so we picked Pirates, Little Mermaid, and then we didn't really care what the last one was. There are a couple spots in each park that has a big FP+ sign and you can go make your fast passes there if you have a hard ticket. We choose the theater on Main Street to pick mom's b/c that is what we were closest too. Thankfully, there was no line and there was loads of help. We pulled up our fast passes and showed them to the cast member and she first tried Pirates, got that one with in 5 mins of our time. Then Little Mermaid, again with in 5 mins and as for the last one, we did Jungle Cruise b/c we didn't really care and mom got that one as well! Perfect! Off we went, back to Main Street, to head to Pirates but also to take some special photos on Main Street. I was very annoyed to see that the crane was still up. I thought for sure it would not be up but alas, it was.

wd067wdw201405448035585_6934710152_18.jpg

And here's one with Nana!

Tb9gcpJacUfnAkKz35a-mfOrV2iT-zOgqmdNludc8n_3=w681-h454-no

And here's daddy!

wd055wdw201405448035582_6937098934_18.jpg

We kept on down Main Street and literally ran into a party!

Oh, Hi there Woody!

IMG_8761.JPG

20140223_164315.jpg

20140223_164600.jpg

20140223_164548.jpg

20140223_164420.jpg

IMG_8757.JPG

After the party ended we wanted to take some more photos. I had an idea in mind...trying to get the hat with the "It's a boy" and the Castle faded in the background. Here we are and our feeble attempts.

IMG_8764.JPG

But, something amazing happened as we attempted to take this picture. An "ears in training" photographer saw what we were doing and asked if we wanted some help. We said sure! She read the ears and we told her our story. And then....she gave us the greatest gift. An unexpected and private photo shoot!

IMG_8769.JPG

IMG_8770.JPG

IMG_8771.JPG

IMG_8774.JPG

Some with Nana!

IMG_8778.JPG

wd019wdw201405548093822.jpg

Then, she took us right in front of the Castle and shooed everyone away! She told everyone that "this area is closed for a moment". I was shocked that could happen! But those magical Cast Members can do anything! Thank you Casey!!!

Last edited:

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We needed a potty break, or should I say, I did, so we snuck back down Main Street a bit before heading to Pirates.
I can say for sure, I know where every bathroom is and which are the nicest. This is a useful bit of knowledge gained when going to WDW when preggers! :) And if you are curious, I highly recommend the Tangled bathrooms and the one outside of Pirates. :)

On our treck, we saw this guy!

20140223_161325.jpg

Niles and I watched him last year and he was fabulous! Very entertaining and so talented!

YaCC1X0BDG8VLR7Eb_QvB-84fxd9HP8r1Ouq4_F8ubnq=w681-h454-no

gDSxEB-TBQwM6N14OkFkJc6iv0P2Ia-4514d3QenQuxY=w295-h196-p-no

After watching him for a song or two, we headed to Adventure Land. Where mom became fascinated with this type of tree. Does anyone know what it is?

20140223_165735.jpg

20140223_160859.jpg

IMG_8781.JPG

We contemplated stopping for a Dole Whip but we had about 10 mins to catch Pirates.

We got to Pirates, got in line...and then things went dark. Literally. And then the lights all went on. The lines were outrageous, even with a fast pass, which was our first indication something was not quite right. Niles went to ask what was going on and they told him that it was down. And the new "policy" if you are in line and you have a fast pass is NO LONGER to get the paper ticket to let you back in at any time, but rather, you come back and "explain" to the cast member that you came earlier when it was your fast pass time, the ride was down, and they "should" let you in. We never backed around to test this "new policy" but it sounds ify. Can you imagine? How can anyone prove that! I think they should go back to the paper fast passes for a down ride.

Okay, on to Little Mermaid! Since we had only 10 mins left before our fast pass for Pirates ended, and LM started just after that, we decided to check Haunted for the times and then if too long, off to Little Mermaid.

IMG_8784.JPG

IMG_8786.JPG

IMG_8789.JPG

IMG_8790.JPG

One thing here, I love the perspective of Rapunzel's tower from here. But when you round the corner to see Haunted Mansion, I don't like the perspective of her tower and the Mansion. It just doesn't work.

Haunted was a 30 min wait...kept on going! :)

IMG_8805.JPG

Yes...I stopped! :) hee hee

Mom had not seen any of New Fantasy Land so it was a treat for her to see it! :)

Last edited:

GHOST1000

Congrats to you and you husband !! Love how you did the 'boy or girl' balloons. You'll remember that moment forever. Hope and pray your son has that love of 'all things disney ' in his blood, which is so evident in your exuberance also:). Love the TR!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
The sun was starting to set and it was pink and beautiful! This picture doesn't do it justice at all.

IMG_8812.JPG

IMG_8813.JPG

We were able to see how close they were to completing the new mine ride. Although my DH was just so disappointed it wasn't open yet, I was okay. I wouldn't have been able to ride it...and would have been jealous out of my mind he rode it before me! hee hee

IMG_8815.JPG

Mom loved Gaston's!

IMG_8817.JPG

And the little shop, where she bought her grandson the Beauty and Beast golden book. Her first purchase for the little man! She was geeked! :)

We saw this picture in the shop and I saw all the hidden elements. I assumed he was an animator or an imagener. Does anyone know?
IMG_8826.JPG

There is Aladdin's lamp, and apple from snow white, peanuts from Dumbo, and Donald in the corner.

Next up, Little Mermaid

IMG_8828.JPG

IMG_8829.JPG

IMG_8835.JPG

Mom loved Erik's Castle and thought it was so well done. Since we had fast passes, we didn't do the interactive que but we LOVE it! So fun!

Then...this happened...

IMG_8833.JPG

2nd ride....2nd ride down. We got stopped for quite awhile. This is Niles, making shadow puppets on the wall entertaining us while we were stopped!!

It did start up again and mom loved it!!!

Then it was off to Storybook Circus to just check things out since mom had not seen it before. Niles and I are saving Dumbo for our little man. In the 10 trips to Disney we have made together since we got married, we have never rode Dumbo together...we always said we would wait. Next trip...time for Dumbo!

IMG_8838.JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

20140223_184012.jpg

IMG_8841.JPG

After checking out the Big Top Shop, we headed to find a spot to watch Wishes. It was a bit before time but Niles and I had two terrible experiences in 2012, one obnoxious tour group chanting "sit down" to my DH and I, and a veteran and his wife who physically could not sit on the ground, making us leave and not stay to watch the fireworks, and then after making the wish, the heavens opened up and it started to pour and we had to leave. And we didn't stay to watch in 2013 b/c rain was looming. So this was it...our moment to watch Wishes.

We found a perfect spot to watch! And I sobbed through the whole thing! We were at the Magic Kingdom, standing their with our blue balloon, and after all those wishes, all those dreams, all those times we held hands, tears in our eyes, making a wish on that first firework, our wish finally came true! It was emotionally over whelming!!! And it was perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_8848.JPG

IMG_8855.JPG

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_8858.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
This amazing day was not quite over yet. We had scored Be Our Guest reservations for dinner after Wishes, so we headed to Beast's Castle. Dinner...is served!

I love the way you check in. We had to wait a few minutes before we headed to the doors.

IMG_8864.JPG

Then it was our turn!

20140223_212138.jpg

Mom was in charge of the candelabra!

20140223_212215.jpg

We were seated in the main dining room. Beautiful!

IMG_20140223_212448.jpg

Every little detail was incredible!

20140223_213258.jpg

20140223_212448.jpg

Snowing outside the window!!!

IMG_20140223_213547.jpg

Dinner was good. Honestly, not my favorite. But I was not in the mood for steak and that is all that sounded appealing to me. In the future, I will pay out of pocket, and get apps and the soup with dessert. But we were using our dining plan credits, so stuck to the plan and got the steak (which was HUGE) and dessert. And of course....tried the grey stuff!!!!

IMG_20140223_222058.jpg

By the time we were done, they were cleaning up as we were one of the last seatings. We checked out the other rooms and then had to see the Beast before he turned in for the night.

20140223_223126.jpg

Meeting our host!

wd063wdw201405548124758_6935687482_18.jpg

wd057wdw201405548124759_6935686423_18.jpg

wd052wdw201405548125201.jpg

wd072wdw201405548125202_6937100686_18.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom