The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Even though my commute to and from the office, much of the time, isn't exactly a picnic, I still like to drive.
I'd like it even more if I had somethin' fun to drive for day trips, and just for fun, on weekends...
2015-Chevrolet-CorvetteZ06conv-035-820x420.jpg

:D ;) :)

Now that is a snazzy car. I wouldn't mind driving that around either!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I just had a scare. We are finally hitting hot temperatures and my AC stopped working just now. Started pushing 80 in here. Luckily I flipped the breaker off and back on and that seems to have done the trick. Not exactly happy though considering the system is not even two years old.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Forgot to share this - as yesterday was Monday, we headed out to our new Monday place - Zander's.
All stuff you've seen before, but we tried a new app.
Pulled pork poutine. It was so good.
If it were a person, it would be ER era Clooney.

image.jpg
And zucchini fritters:
image.jpg

Hubby got his burger on a pretzel bun this time:
image.jpg

And they ran out of white meat chicken, so gave me two dark quarters; but only charged me for a quarter chicken meal, instead of the half.
image.jpg

The chicken is in the toaster oven as we speak. I didn't realize it was this late.

donaldtoo

OK, this post is crackin' me up...!!! :hilarious:
In a follow up to @StarWarsGirl95's ice bag with popcorn in it, I tried to post a pic of an opened can that was labeled with an image of sweet potatoes and said "Sliced Sweet Potatoes in Light Syrup", but, clearly, was filled with cut green beans.
How this image showed up, I have no clue, 'cause it wasn't even in the group of pics I searched, and now I can't find the original pic...!!! :confused: :joyfull: :)

WTH...?
NOW it shows up correctly...?!?!?! :confused:

Cesar R M

Yep, Hilton is great. The parks discontinued having a bus to DTD because of this type of use and because day guests were parking at DTD and then heading to a park bypassing paying for gate fee parking. It has been many many years. You now need to go to a resort and transfer to the DTD bus from the resort is what we did. We picked the closest resort to DTD usually POR, OKW or Sarratoga because all three had buses or water ferries.
I loved taking the POR's ferry... lets you have a calm and relaxing trip before the onslaught in the parks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Forgot to share this - as yesterday was Monday, we headed out to our new Monday place - Zander's.
All stuff you've seen before, but we tried a new app.
Pulled pork poutine. It was so good.
If it were a person, it would be ER era Clooney.

View attachment 88785
And zucchini fritters:
View attachment 88787

Hubby got his burger on a pretzel bun this time:
View attachment 88788

And they ran out of white meat chicken, so gave me two dark quarters; but only charged me for a quarter chicken meal, instead of the half.
View attachment 88790

The chicken is in the toaster oven as we speak. I didn't realize it was this late.

You with your food! Do you eat out every night??

Cesar R M

I just had a scare. We are finally hitting hot temperatures and my AC stopped working just now. Started pushing 80 in here. Luckily I flipped the breaker off and back on and that seems to have done the trick. Not exactly happy though considering the system is not even two years old.
do you give the AC constant maintenance?
also, is your tubing copper? or cheap aluminium?
aluminium tends to expand and buckle more.. causing leaks of the coolant gas.
You might need to refill it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
do you give the AC constant maintenance?
also, is your tubing copper? or cheap aluminium?
aluminium tends to expand and buckle more.. causing leaks of the coolant gas.
You might need to refill it.

Hmmm. I change the filter every 3 months. Haha. I do check every month or so to make sure nothing looks out of the ordinary. Its a Lennox and the tubing is whatever they use in new houses these days in texas.

donaldtoo

No, my point was it's not your car. It's your dad's, and he is generous enough to let you drive it. And presumably pay for it, fix it, maintain it, gas it, insure it ....

The day my kid tells me in my car that he's not following a directive I have given, is the day he pulls over immediately, and is walking for the next month.

I adore you, you know that ... but every once in a while you sound just like my kids.

"Anyone is welcome to drive your car ... when you're not in it?"
Sorry Honey, that sounds exactly like something my son would say. And I would say - Ain't your car!

I rarely get into this kinda' stuff, but, honestly, I really think you're all just gettin' caught up in semantics.
Sounds pretty clear to me that @StarWarsGirl95 knows it's not "her" car from an ownership standpoint, but, even so, her folks are willing to call it hers and give her certain considerations, as such. What's the big deal?

And, for the record, I paid my own hard-earned cash for my own first car when I was 16, and everything else that came along with it, over the years I owned it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom