The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I start a job next Monday, scary. First real job. Benefits are little less than desired but I never had benefits so it's a step up. Pay won't allow me to get an apartment by myself so I'm already thinking of another job in the future...lol which it would be hard going on interviews and such.
baby steps bro.. one step at a time!
first is financial stability then a better job.

Cesar R M

Not this time. I hate coffee, I hate the taste of it and the smell of it. Not sure why because my Father and my Ex. were never seen without a cup in there hands. My Grandparents as well. The plus side is I have never been tempted to pay $5.00 at Starbucks for runny mud. :joyfull:

The words "Coffee" and "Good" should never be used together in the same sentence. ;)

OK, It ain't so! For one thing she is about 4 centuries younger than I am and second she, like my Ex, is Canadian and I try not to ever make the same mistake twice. She is kinda cute though! (If that really is her picture) :hilarious:
heey.. it worked for Ellen ;)
:hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I could not, no how, no way, fit that fourth sandwich in the pan. :(

View attachment 84991

FYI - I know from previous experience, that 4/4 is not enough; but it turns out that 6/4 was a smidge too much.
View attachment 84994

And just to prove to the new guy @TomP that I really will post any old food pic, I offer the rest of the meal:

View attachment 84996

That grilled cheese was made with real Canadian cheddar, not plastic cheese. The soup, made with milk, and the glass of milk is just because you never know when "the menopause" is coming to rob your bones of all their calcium.

Looks a little short in the fibre department. Good thing I had a whole grain carrot/orange muffin for brekkie.

That has to be the worlds smallest stove I've ever seen in a house. And am I seeing ketchup in the middle of the grilled cheese squares? :joyfull:

Gabe1

This is the stove I want for my kitchen, it will complete the retro kitchen. The Aqua one.

atla021508-savon01.jpg

StarWarsGirl

I thought you all represented yourselves very well. I especially liked @StarWarsGirl95 defending the 66 year old woman. Very classy.
Thanks. I just felt so bad for her. First, she gets trolled. Then the trolls try to call her a troll. And then they try to say that she's mentally ill. At that point, I felt like someone should stand up for that poor woman who I don't think understood the level of crazy that she was talking to.

Although Jen's golden post nearly made me spit out my drink.
Oh, look at you being all logical in a thread that has clearly been high-jacked by a bunch of sanctimonious crazies.

Gabe1

Exactly! The taste and the smell are aweful. :depressed: My dad is a coffee drinker. Mom is not, but she likes the smell. I'm the only one in my family who hates both. My dad keeps trying to get me to drink coffee. No thanks, Dad.

My DS the ultimate warrior procrastinator learned the love of coffee in college though he still does drink tea too.

DD tried coffee many times. She is still a tea teetotaler.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Our oldest DD drank lots of apple juice when she was very young.
One time when we were at a restaurant I ordered my usual beer. She asked if she could have a sip. I told her she wouldn't like it, 'cause it was yucky daddy apple juice.
To this day, she still refers to beer as "yucky daddy apple juice". :)

I was setting up for a birthday party and put the tubs of ice downstairs in the laundry room. DS about 10 was asking me what beer tasted like. I cracked open a can and let him taste it...it came back so fast, sadly all over me. That ended that curiosity for many years thereafter.

StarWarsGirl

My DS the ultimate warrior procrastinator learned the love of coffee in college though he still does drink too.

DD tried coffee many times. She is still a tea teetotaler.
When I took the test to get my health insurance producer license, my boss told me that I would learn to drink coffee when studying for that test because the material was so boring. He was right that the material was incredibly boring. He was wrong about the coffee. The standing joke in the office became me with my Coke Zero. I could get huge 99 cent bottles at the grocery store which I would then bring to work. My boss would laugh, especially since I managed to drink the entire thing by the end of the day. Now that I no longer work for him, we're Facebook friends, and he still occasionally sends me a message about Coke Zero.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom