The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Exactly. I put a $5 bill in each envelope for our trip. So for a little over $50 my room was spotless. We enjoyed extra towels, new soaps and shampoos and more of the cute animal designs. I had a Mousekeeper the trip before though that didn't take the envelope marked Mousekeepsing, maybe new or language confusion? I re-did that envelope with the next days and added housekeeping and then she took it. I saw the 'tip' online to use the non marking blue tape and stick it to the mirror also to indicate clearly the tip was for them and didn't leave a sticky mess for them to clean up.
Apparently, the universal location for leaving a tip (be it an envelope or straight up cash) is on the pillow.

We always leave any accumulated coins on our last day as well. It's no use to us up here, especially the pennies.

Goofyernmost

Or, you know ... you guys could convert. Like everybody else. ;)

History lesson (shared already in WITWIBS), in the 70's the U.S. was prepared to finally switch, so Canada hopped on board too.
We converted. You guys didn't.
And @Goofyernmost and I are forever estranged as a result.
I didn't see your post in WITWISBS so I am assuming that you are talking about the metric system. If so, it wasn't that we didn't want to, but, in the few test places where speed limit signs were changed, rednecks went out and shot the signs down. It was to dangerous. If you try and get people that just barely grasp how big an inch is, they are not going to fall easily into a metre. (That's meter for the unworldly)

I'm sure we don't have to stay estranged, it's just that I can't figure out how far away you are or what the temperature is in your part of the arctic circle.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I didn't see your post in WITWISBS so I am assuming that you are talking about the metric system. If so, it wasn't that we didn't want to, but, in the few test places where speed limit signs were changed, rednecks went out and shot the signs down. It was to dangerous. If you try and get people that just barely grasp how big an inch is, they are not going to fall easily into a metre. (That's meter for the unworldly)

I'm sure we don't have to stay estranged, it's just that I can't figure out how far away you are or what the temperature is in your part of the arctic circle.
Our new speed limit signs were swiftly frozen solid in the ground, so we were stuck with them.
And, you know, with most guns being illegal, the rednecks couldn't shoot them down either.

donaldtoo

You had a balanced attitude, and understood the dynamics of dealing with the public. There will always be situations that test your resolve, but usually if you're upbeat and positive, your day turns out much better. I think the key point you made is to not "write off" a person, because they don't necessarily respond in a way that you prefer. People are complex beings; and most of the time, we can find some sort of common ground with our fellow man/woman to all get along.

Your comments above should be xeroxed, and handed out to every sales associate, as part of their new employee customer service training.

Wow! Thanks! :)
As much of a low-paying pain as retail was, I was able to put already learned people skills into action, and also learn a heck of a lot more from it.
I am thankful for that. :)

Cesar R M

I agree, this is my pattern.

When I travel or my kids do independently I always go to the bank and make sure for my travelling I have taxi fare, taxi tip, sky cap, DME driver, bell services, bell services again if I need blankets or more pillows, trip worth of tip money, again in reverse, bell hop, DME, taxi money, taxi tip. If you are going to use bag check in when departing don't forget to tip these people who take your luggage too. When I check my luggage through DME to be delivered to our room I always leave a tip marked for Bell Hop who delivers my luggage. This time I got a thank you note on the piece of paper I wrote Bellhop luggage tip on. (being clear is important when leaving money) I also ordered different pillows and another bed blanket, on the same table I left the tip for housekeeping on the same table also marked for them.

I leave the house for vacation with a separate envelope in my backpack where I have about $30 singles, $5, $10 and $20 and two $50's for my taxi to and from airport 'cause nobody really wants to drive me to the airport at
3am. That envelope usually has about $200.00 in broken down cash for specific purpose and then goes in room safe. I also for 10+ trips carry about $750 in cash or cash between us 'cause ya never know. I also buy when I get to Disney a gift card for about $100 or so where I can hand it off to a cart vendor, someone in our group or cup cake vendor, glass of wine from a kiosk etc. where I don't want to be dragging out my little wallet. Take a picture with your phone of the gift card back with code numbers once activated. (note for those who don't use magic bands, if you are using a media ticket, special events tickets, take a picture of those backs too with your phone in the event they are lost those numbers make it easy for Disney to track and cancel.)

I honestly just pick one of these free writing papers they have in the room, draw something there (I'm decent at drawing) and a big thank you.. and of course.. the money visible on top.

I feel cheap now lol!

Cesar R M

Or, you know ... you guys could convert. Like everybody else. ;)

History lesson (shared already in WITWIBS), in the 70's the U.S. was prepared to finally switch, so Canada hopped on board too.
We converted. You guys didn't.
And @Goofyernmost and I are forever estranged as a result.
You made it sound like it was some sort of family feud a la Romeo and Juliet lol.

willtravel

Amazing how flying out of an airport not close to you can save you money. We're now driving 90 minutes to fly out of Pittsburgh for our cruise and saving $600. :D Yay, bonus money.
You should see the airfare out of Cincinnati (cvg). Even with the lack of business whether it be vacation travel or business, they are still considered one of the highest in the country. They, I think lost there rating of an international airport and now regional after Delta pulled out Cinci as there hub and went to Detroit. Dayton doesn't help much either.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's the reason we ended up in the U.S. The island, where my parents lived, was being destroyed by a volcano. Almost everyone was evacuated. a few diehards stayed behind. There was no loss of life but lots of damage.
-T

Well color me curious. I am always fascinated by people and families that have unique times in their history. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom