The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks and yes after the Christmas fiasco we are staying in a hotel. It is only for Saturday night. It is his nephew's confirmation on Sunday and hubs, as a pastor, thinks it is important for him/us to attend. I don't really agree. But he booked the hotel (kind of) without me telling him to. If he hadn't booked a hotel I wouldn't be going.

Now when I say he booked a hotel, he did. But when he told me about it I looked it up and found a better deal because I knew he wouldn't search discounts. So I rebooked it. Even though he is going to be using his funds to pay for the room, I don't want him to pay more than he has to.

We are going to stop at the Disney outlet in Wisconsin Dells on the way down and Woodfield Mall at some point to get Garrett popcorn. So that doesn't make it as painful.

Hmpf. Didn't know there was an outlet for Disney in the Dells, I Disney Store I would understand unless there is an outlet mall up there now. Soooo many years since I've been to the Dells. I figured out early in my kids childhood that the Dells cost far more per day than WDW did per day so even the Dells fed my Disney addiction. Because of that I am not up on the new arrivals to the Dells area.

So glad Hubs thought to book a hotel. Yippie! I'm surprised at the Confirmation time. My BIL's have bolted from Catholicism and raised their kids Lutheran. (my MIL, the devote Catholic was never told her 2 boys changed religions) their kids were confirmed in the Spring vs Fall in 8th grade. And yep, a family event. Being Catholic my kids had a family event for Communion only at about 8 years old. It becomes very overwhelming and costly. I can argue the Uncle a Pastor being there either way. An 'out' being so far away being a genuine excuse. Nice though that your Hubs is realizing the rub with bunking with his family. That is always rough no matter how well family gets along.

Hope you find stuff at the outlet and purchase the giant bag of Garrets.

Hint: If you are at Woodfield on your way home...have him take you to Uncle Julio's for lunch, a sensational meal and margarita (he drives, so for you) as your reward for being a good sport. Making some more lemonade. :hungry: Heck I'll drive up and join ya!

Gabe1

Please send it my way we're only going to hit 90 once. I'll pay for shipping

I really did cope better with the warm temps in Florida than here. It ranged in Northern IL from 94 to 100 today. In my Mom's town it was 99 and the humidity is high. Strange 'cause there hasn't been rain.

Not long ago we had the solar eclipse. I was listening to a favorite of mine WGN news/talk radio today. One topic was the correlation to all the awful weather events that has happened since the eclipse. High energy earthquakes, high ranking hurricanes, tornadoes etc. It wasn't that these things are unexpected but the shear volume and intensity of these earth events in very short order immediately following the eclipse. I am so far from any real working knowledge on how the sun and its planets join forces but it was some interesting thoughts and theories being discussed.

Gabe1

We are getting 3 - 5 inches of rain and gusts up to 40 and 50 mph from Jose. Nothing major. Though I travel over 2 bridges to get to hell work and back.

Major or not 3-5 inches of rain or those wind speeds isn't anything to brush off. :jawdrop: Just 'cause somewhere else has it even worse doesn't discount the other weather events. I've been doing the 5 inch floods since spring and it isn't good. Pixie Dust. And hoping for better for you and yours. :inlove:

Gabe1

That is true. However, there's something else to keep in mind. A small plane (such as a Cessna 152, two-seater), takes way less space on the ground to actually land.

My Sis' best friend was lost in a small jet near NOLA her senior year in high school. Continental Grain was going down via many small jet planes to NOLA for a Christianity of a new ship in her mothers name. My DD BFF boyfriend opted out at the last minute and they tossed her BFF on a different plane at the last minute so a hubby and wife could fly on the same small jet together. Harsh weather in NOLA took her BFFs jet down into the the gulf and everyone perished on that small jet that just flipped around in the wind and into the gulf. So there are pro's and con's to small vs large aircraft that endure wind sheers better. On average 400 people perish in aviation accidents annually and of those 4 are in commercial airline related accidents, the balance in various small craft accidents. So the statistics are very swishy.

As a weird aside my Sis was given her BFF jewelry box as a remembrance of her closest friend. A typical jewelry box with a little ballerina that popped up, played a tune and spun in a circle when opened. My Sis kept it on her dresser, she took her death very hard. On the date of her death a year later the Jewelry box started playing at the time of her death even though the box was closed and opening the box was what activated the the ballerina and sound. Ultimately the box made its way down to the keepsake chest in the basement as it became unnerving. Still lives down there. Creepity.

A bit over a year later the Mom's ship was christianed. At the same time another ship was christianed in her BFF name too.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My Sis' best friend was lost in a small jet near NOLA her senior year in high school. Continental Grain was going down via many small jet planes to NOLA for a Christianity of a new ship in her mothers name. My DD BFF boyfriend opted out at the last minute and they tossed her BFF on a different plane at the last minute so a hubby and wife could fly on the same small jet together. Harsh weather in NOLA took her BFFs jet down into the the gulf and everyone perished on that small jet that just flipped around in the wind and into the gulf. So there are pro's and con's to small vs large aircraft that endure wind sheers better. On average 400 people perish in aviation accidents annually and of those 4 are in commercial airline related accidents, the balance in various small craft accidents. So the statistics are very swishy.

As a weird aside my Sis was given her BFF jewelry box as a remembrance of her closest friend. A typical jewelry box with a little ballerina that popped up, played a tune and spun in a circle when opened. My Sis kept it on her dresser, she took her death very hard. On the date of her death a year later the Jewelry box started playing at the time of her death even though the box was closed and opening the box was what activated the the ballerina and sound. Ultimately the box made its way down to the keepsake chest in the basement as it became unnerving. Still lives down there. Creepity.

A bit over a year later the Mom's ship was christianed. At the same time another ship was christianed in her BFF name too.
I can't even imagine going through that's so sad

MinnieM123

Premium Member
"Loop 1" is essentially a straight line from north to south on the west-central side of town with no traffic lights (don't even get me started on the latest "improvement" project fiasco to that stretch of highway that is 2 years behind schedule and $$$$$ :greedy: over budget), and "Loop 360" is L-ish shaped on the far west side of town, but, is filled with traffic lights. It's just beyond stooooopid!!! :confused:

Meh, that's lightweight. Can't even compare to the famous Big Dig project in Boston (1991 to 2007). It was estimated to cost 2.8 billion, and ended up closer to $22 billion with cost overruns, etc. Due to some design flaws (to put it mildly), some defective materials, etc., Bechtel Parsons and Brinckerhoff, the consortium that oversaw the Big Dig project, had to pay millions in restitution and some other companies also were fined.

To this day, it remains the most expensive road/tunnel project in U.S. history! :eek:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Meh, that's lightweight. Can't even compare to the famous Big Dig project in Boston (1991 to 2007). It was estimated to cost 2.8 billion, and ended up closer to $22 billion with cost overruns, etc. Due to some design flaws (to put it mildly), some defective materials, etc., Bechtel Parsons and Brinckerhoff, the consortium that oversaw the Big Dig project, had to pay millions in restitution and some other companies also were fined.

To this day, it remains the most expensive road/tunnel project in U.S. history! :eek:
I can't like even the reminder of getting stuck in Boston traffic during that time:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I really did cope better with the warm temps in Florida than here. It ranged in Northern IL from 94 to 100 today. In my Mom's town it was 99 and the humidity is high. Strange 'cause there hasn't been rain.

Not long ago we had the solar eclipse. I was listening to a favorite of mine WGN news/talk radio today. One topic was the correlation to all the awful weather events that has happened since the eclipse. High energy earthquakes, high ranking hurricanes, tornadoes etc. It wasn't that these things are unexpected but the shear volume and intensity of these earth events in very short order immediately following the eclipse. I am so far from any real working knowledge on how the sun and its planets join forces but it was some interesting thoughts and theories being discussed.

That is interesting. Remember back when we had El Nino, and that was also a theory about crazy weather, etc. I also found El Nino to be a good general excuse for everything--if I gained 10 pounds that year, it was El Nino's fault. Think I'll use the solar eclipse for 2017--I'm eating a jelly donut now, by the way. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom