The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo , I noticed just how neat the store looked, but then I took a second look and realized that there were no customers in there to mess it up! ;)

image-jpeg.231437

FutureCEO

Sympathy like. I like living a bit off the beaten path but sometimes it a PITA. That's why once a week I go out with a list, I don't want to get caught running out of anything that's over in "town"

I live within 5 minutes of 2 Targets within 1 mile from each other. Needless to say retail central is the roads name. During Christmas, your lucky go get from Point A to Point B on the same road within twenty minutes. 2 theaters although they are miles away from each other but on the same road. Something like 4 car dealerships. Best Buy. Anyway....you get the picture.

MySmallWorldof4

So sorry @Cesar R M . Just saw some video coverage on the news here. Just unspeakable devastation.:(
Yes, but, they can also stall, where as it is impossible to stall a gyroplane. You can autorotate to a safe landing. Granted, you better have some space for a landing rollout, but it is much shorter than a small plane. They also make gyroplanes with enclosed c ockpits, they have about half the gauges switches and screens as a conventional small fixed-wing aircraft, and they are much less expensive, comparatively.
As I've posted before, I want one a' them there gyrothangs...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)
Think it would go 900 miles to Disney with a family of 6 and luggage?;)

I'd settle for a grocery store. We had a pharmacy that sold some staple things but it closed down when he went to jail for medicare fraud. :cyclops: An 125 year old building that is basically a 2 flat, lived upstairs and pharmacy on ground level. Front porch with rockers back then. How I wound up here is beyond me. I grew up in a town of 35 thousand people and after college the town my condo was in had 45 thousand. But the pharmacy is gone but we still have our pig farm up the road. Nothing like taking your pup to the vet and he is in the waiting room with a mini goat waiting to have his hoofs trimmed up. :facepalm:

We are not far from all the chains when we want anything. Our town, well it never evolved, our town leaders want no part of any of that. Most families are generations here. Us since '85 and we are still considered 'outsiders.' :rolleyes:
We are rural, but I can hit a Target, Walmart, Lowes, Supermarket, and almost every fast food and chain restaurant you can think of within 10 minutes. We are off an interstate, so it built up for all the north to south travelers and truckers. But we know we are rural because we get a whiff of manure from the many surrounding farms way too often. Behind the gym my kids go to is a huge farm and when the wind hits just right you have to run in the building so as you don't pass off from the disgusting smell.:rolleyes::eek:

Please take a whole day for yourself, you need and deserve it.
I hung out with Adriene yesterday afternoon.:)

Cesar R M

Yikes...I'm glad you are ok. I hope your family is too. My friend was finally able to get in contact with her brother and he is ok, too. I read it was a 7.1, which is still really big!
Scary part is.. I used to go every year or more to mexico city to check my implant and guarantee stuff.
I stayed with a friend in an apartment. a ton of the buildings either had severe damage or collapsed in that apartment complex ( they were more than 10 buildings of 4 floors each one). My friend moved this year to another town for work. Yikes!

betty rose

Rant alert:

I really hate September. Seriously, I feel like I haven't been able to breathe all month. I've already gone to the doctor to see if I needed a change of meds, and he said nope; he thinks it's working, but I still CANNOT BREATHE! :banghead:

I think I should look for a transfer. Maybe I'd be better in Atlanta? Dunno. Ugh!
It's been awful out here too. Every time I go to the grocery store, the pharmacy has very long lines. Everyone is also in the area of allergy meds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom