The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When we were kids my aunt made us a slip n slide at her house out of some garbage bags and tent stakes. Worst. Idea. Ever. Half the time we'd be sliding down one bag and somehow end up underneath the next bag instead of on top of it :hilarious::hilarious: And it took a good twenty minutes before she had the bright idea to cover the tent stakes with tennis balls. By then everyone was bloody and battered. Somehow, it was still a blast. I'd never go down it now, as an adult!

I just burst out laughing over this! Hubs came upstairs to find out what was so funny. He read it too, and he got a big laugh out of it. :hilarious:

I mean, isn't it amazing that any of us survived our "dangerous" childhood?!! :eek: :p

MOXOMUMD

We don't. Those water towers are a thing from the US.
They are nowhere in my country (most probably because of the quakes.)

Instead, each house has a series of private reservoirs called "Aljibes" and "Tinacos" (aljibes = underground reservoirs, tinacos = above the house reservoirs) most medium to rich houses have both. while most medium to poor houses have tinacos.

The water pressure is usually barely enough to get the water on a second floor, where the tinaco is installed.
And its weight, size and height gives pressure for general domestic usage.

Example of the everyday Tinaco. Used almost in every single house. http://tecmain.com.mx/imagesnew2/0/0/0/1/0/4/8/3/2/2/P1000396.JPG
We don't have a water tower either. This is what we call the reservoir here and one of our water sources.

dam2.315124555_std.jpg

Last edited:

MouseDreaming

We don't. Those water towers are a thing from the US.
They are nowhere in my country (most probably because of the quakes.)

Instead, each house has a series of private reservoirs called "Aljibes" and "Tinacos" (aljibes = underground reservoirs, tinacos = above the house reservoirs) most medium to rich houses have both. while most medium to poor houses have tinacos.

The water pressure is usually barely enough to get the water on a second floor, where the tinaco is installed.
And its weight, size and height gives pressure for general domestic usage.

Example of the everyday Tinaco. Used almost in every single house. http://tecmain.com.mx/imagesnew2/0/0/0/1/0/4/8/3/2/2/P1000396.JPG
Learn something new every day. Thanks!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I went to a Walmart (about 30 miles from where I live). Wasn't impressed in the least. I have a Target within 10 miles, and I like that much better.
I shop far more at Target then Walmart. A nicer environment. But when you have an entire refrigerator and freezer worth of food to replace it saved so much money. It's been an expensive week. :eek:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I shop far more at Target then Walmart. A nicer environment. But when you have an entire refrigerator and freezer worth of food to replace it saved so much money. It's been an expensive week. :eek:

Oh absolutely. My heart goes out to you. So much fallout after a major storm like that. I often take for granted what I have, and forget how easily it can be taken away by mother nature.

donaldtoo

Doesn't ruin it if you follow my 2 stage guide to making broccoli beer
Step 1. Package up all broccoli and send to @figmentfan423
Part B . Open a good bottle of beer and drink.

Wait...
What are you doing possessing broccoli to send to @figmentfan423 in the first place...?!?!?! o_O

:D

And, broccoli beer without broccoli is like.......turkey bacon. What's the point...?!?!?! :confused: :cyclops:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom