The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Oh my, you know how much I LUVS me some beer!!! :hungry:
But, I also LUVS me some broccoli...!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :)

View attachment 218352
FyDrU44.gif

Figgy1

Premium Member
Very funny! We have one too!!
Our problem here with dry weather is sharing a well with 3 other families so we have to conserve water during dry spells. One year it got so dry that the well hit bottom and the water had red dirt in it. It was scary cause drilling wells are expensive. And there is no way the other families can afford to help replace it.
Sympathy like. I'm glad we don't share and ours is very deep. It's part of the reason we got this this house. That and steel beams instead of wood.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy like. I'm glad we don't share and ours is very deep. It's part of the reason we got this this house. That and steel beams instead of wood.

Are there steel beams instead of wood in your house? Just asking because there was a GIANT fire this week in MA, from an apartment complex of a few buildings. The beams were wood, not steel. That's why the place went up like a tinder box.

The only reason these buildings can pass code inspections, is because once they install the fire and sprinkler systems--then, they come up to code. But the place was under construction (no tenants yet)--although it looked almost finished from the "before" photos that they showed on TV. Dangerous fire for the firemen to fight as well, according to the fire marshal.

The local mayor is trying to stop this type of construction anymore in her city. But I also heard that the builder has already pulled in permits to rebuild.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Are there steel beams instead of wood in your house? Just asking because there was a GIANT fire this week in MA, from an apartment complex of a few buildings. The beams were wood, not steel. That's why the place went up like a tinder box.

The only reason these buildings can pass code inspections, is because once they install the fire and sprinkler systems--then, they come up to code. But the place was under construction (no tenants yet)--although it looked almost finished from the "before" photos that they showed on TV. Dangerous fire for the firemen to fight as well, according to the fire marshal.

The local mayor is trying to stop this type of construction anymore in her city. But I also heard that the builder has already pulled in permits to rebuild.
We have a pretty standard house but the main beams between floors are steel. From what I understand our house is over built for it's size. It also has more insulation than what's considered normal. The person who had it built was an engineer:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom