The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BAChicagoGal

I need to study up on Disneyland's new MaxPass. I rarely ever use fastpass, although if it will get me on TSMM, I will most likely use it. However, I am wondering how it works with photos. Yes. I need to do my homework, before my trip begins in just 44days.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I need to study up on Disneyland's new MaxPass. I rarely ever use fastpass, although if it will get me on TSMM, I will most likely use it. However, I am wondering how it works with photos. Yes. I need to do my homework, before my trip begins in just 44days.

We missed out on trying the new Maxpass system at Disneyland by a day, it started the day after we left. Which was a bit of a bummer, I wanted to try it out and since we have Premier passes it would have been included with our ticket at no extra cost. I did see that on Tom Bricker's site he has a guide to using it so I included a link to it for you. I think he is fairly level headed and truthful about Disney ideas and tips and he has a nice concise writing styles to go along with the beautiful pictures he takes. There is also a review from one of his friends on touring plans blog.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-fastpass-guide-tips/

BAChicagoGal

We missed out on trying the new Maxpass system at Disneyland by a day, it started the day after we left. Which was a bit of a bummer, I wanted to try it out and since we have Premier passes it would have been included with our ticket at no extra cost. I did see that on Tom Bricker's site he has a guide to using it so I included a link to it for you. I think he is fairly level headed and truthful about Disney ideas and tips and he has a nice concise writing styles to go along with the beautiful pictures he takes. There is also a review from one of his friends on touring plans blog.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-fastpass-guide-tips/

Thanks so much for the link.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The thought of a Frozen water park didn't even cross my mind til now. I'm not sure why either because it's obvious. But I think that would be going too far. Although Disney did make a whole land base off of Avatar when there is really no love connection to that movie from people.

But Disney does need to focus on boys or else they will lose out an entire younger generation.

They have lost a chunk of revenue to Uni Florida. So many more spit stays, Disney once had a lock on the overall park attendance. I see nothing to suggest that Disney will ever regain the percentage of vacation days lost to Uni returning. Disney went with FLE and Princesses and at the same time Uni went with Potter, a strong young boy lead and supporting non princess female roles also strong young female characters. They understood what Disney lacked for boys and what Disney lacked for young girls. All intelligent young characters put forward. I give Uni loads of credit for picking an IP that was for not only boys and girls but their parents and singles alike. Like the novels or not they brought a great deal to the table with those attractions and put Uni Florida on the map for appealing to a different type of theme park fans.

I'll be interested to see how new Star land is developed at the Studios and hope it doesn't get slashed by budget cuts.

Figgy1

Premium Member
929d42b71b4f2105ec893f1b96d148a6.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
They have lost a chunk of revenue to Uni Florida. So many more spit stays, Disney once had a lock on the overall park attendance. I see nothing to suggest that Disney will ever regain the percentage of vacation days lost to Uni returning. Disney went with FLE and Princesses and at the same time Uni went with Potter, a strong young boy lead and supporting non princess female roles also strong young female characters. They understood what Disney lacked for boys and what Disney lacked for young girls. All intelligent young characters put forward. I give Uni loads of credit for picking an IP that was for not only boys and girls but their parents and singles alike. Like the novels or not they brought a great deal to the table with those attractions and put Uni Florida on the map for appealing to a different type of theme park fans.

I'll be interested to see how new Star land is developed at the Studios and hope it doesn't get slashed by budget cuts.
You and me both. I'm hoping TSL is more than just the rides because TSMM is cute but we like MIB over at UNI better and we'll be crushed if SWL gets a budget cut or delayed. Disappointed is a nice way of how I feel about the FLE. BOG and ETWB are great(food at BOG is something I now worry about) but the rest could and should have been so much better. I also can't believe we lost Toon Town and got a tent.:mad: I get what you say about boys and mine have long since out grown Seuss but still spent quite a bit of time with me there. James didn't watch ET since he was little but watched it as soon as we got home.

Gabe1

Huh....I wonder why they took it away? Did someone get hurt? I think it's sad that nowadays, people have no sense of personal accountability...their kid gets hurt as kids do, and it must be Disney's fault and so they take away the fun things because it's a "liability". I'm a clutz...if I sued the city or a company every time I tripped or ran into something, etc, I'd LIVE in court. Accidents happen...you dust the kids off and move on.

Never a 'real' official reason. Since my kids played on it frequently I observed too many parents leaving their kids to play on the playground or parents with older end kids not having caution for the little kids playing. Playgrounds at Disney are not supervised by CMs and I get why, they'd need a bullhorn and whistle and then the parents would report the CM for not being magical.

There is a playground set up during F&G but it has very limited height restrictions and there is staff to enforce that.

Gabe1

Now it's official my boys are not normal. They liked it from a very young age. Boys:banghead:

My kids loved the bugs attraction to though every show there are one or two kids that seem to loose it. A very small percentage.

I remember a thread from a Mom last year that wanted Disney to change and overhaul the Haunted Mansion cause it scared her kid and wasn't family friendly and not what Walt wanted WDW to be. lol It is so rare that I see a kid be scared on the HM. It isn't Horror Nights at Uni.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom