The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

So do you think the two cats that live together will miss each other? or maybe just be happy to have loving homes again? Kinda sounds like everyone might have to be on guard to keep the kitty indoors.
They really both need homes. The one my cousin is taking had been her cat, but when she had moved, she had them take the cat temporarily. Her husband isn't a cat person, so if her cat had been taken care of, she would have probably just left him, but he's not, so she's taking him back. She's got four dogs, so she can't take both cats. I have asked my cousin to take both until either a home can be found for the other one or I get her. And she's got a similar personality to Belle (laid-back, non aggressive female), so I think they would eventually do well together. Belle really needs a buddy around; she's very attached to me and gets lonely when I'm not home. And Maggie (new cat) has always had another cat around.

Mom is totally on board with it, but Maggie needs to go to the vet first to make sure she doesn't have anything she could give to Belle. So I'm going to ask my cousin to take her and then I'll reimburse her.

I have no words for my uncle leaving her outside 24/7. In SC heat. Nice. I made it clear to my aunt that I want Maggie and she'd be well-loved and cared for with me. And both Belle and Maggie would be my cats and would stay with me, even if I move out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They really both need homes. The one my cousin is taking had been her cat, but when she had moved, she had them take the cat temporarily. Her husband isn't a cat person, so if her cat had been taken care of, she would have probably just left him, but he's not, so she's taking him back. She's got four dogs, so she can't take both cats. I have asked my cousin to take both until either a home can be found for the other one or I get her. And she's got a similar personality to Belle (laid-back, non aggressive female), so I think they would eventually do well together. Belle really needs a buddy around; she's very attached to me and gets lonely when I'm not home. And Maggie (new cat) has always had another cat around.

Mom is totally on board with it, but Maggie needs to go to the vet first to make sure she doesn't have anything she could give to Belle. So I'm going to ask my cousin to take her and then I'll reimburse her.

I have no words for my uncle leaving her outside 24/7. In SC heat. Nice. I made it clear to my aunt that I want Maggie and she'd be well-loved and cared for with me. And both Belle and Maggie would be my cats and would stay with me, even if I move out.

I loved that my two goldens had each other. It was my intentions with Walter too but the recession hit and he grew to be a very powerful, strong lab. I always could control Walt and he did listen to me but 2 would have been a bit much for me. Glad the kitty will have a home if need be.

donaldtoo

I get it though. Parents are willing to pay the same amount to have a cast member throw glitter in their daughters beautiful hairdo and let their kid pick out an itchy costume. It's part of the magical experience for some families.

I would just never rent this stroller, LOL. We'll make our daughter's trip magical in other ways.

On our June of '13 trip, we took my MIL and our niece for both of their first visits (along with DWifey, myself, our 3 kiddos, and SonIL) to WDW.
Our nieces parents were going through a divorce at the time, and she was only about 6-ish, at the time...? :cyclops:
I still worked at our local Disney Store, and had enough of my own saved up complimentary Park passes, plus plenty of ones that were gifted to me by my fellow CMs that knew they were never going to use them, so they gifted them to me.
BIL covered their airfare, and we covered the rest. Niece and MIL just definitely needed a break from all the craziness. I had a 60% CM resort discount, and a 50% DDP discount, at the time.
We bought her a Cinderella (her favorite Disney Princess) dress from the Disney Store that I worked at before we left, and had already prepaid for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
They arrived 2 nights after us, and we surprised them with everything in the lobby of ASMusic after they got off the bus.
Yes, totally frivolous. And, we also made a CRT
ADR for them directly after BBB...!!!!! :joyfull:
Our niece wore the dress (she got so many compliments on her hair and dress...it was so awesome for her) They both had the time of their lives...!!!!! :happy:

Gabe1

Unfortunately, they are indeed adding IP. After frozen, theres rumor that the authorization and approved papers made the Rattatouie attraction on Worldshowcase rumor as pretty much confirmed.

Yeah. I have wanted for so long for something to go into those empty showrooms in the WorldShowcase.

Now the boards are mocking Epcot as IPCOT as a replacement name for Epcot. And so it begins.

Gabe1

Absolutely.

Regarding the mediocre Disney film, I've never even heard of it until this week, when someone mentioned it as a rumor. I wonder how many other people are also unfamiliar with it? o_O (At least with Pandora, I've never seen it, but heard about it for years.)

It was more depressing than Old Yeller. I don't grasp it if the rumors are correct. Maybe Disney is testing the waters since it is all a long range plan roll out. They did pull the fairies off the drawing board for FLE and did dump the Hyperion Wharf concept for Springs, and so far leaving the Tower alone so sometimes Disney does quietly listen. Sometimes.

Gabe1

Ha! Older luggage was a hoot. Here is an instance of an item, that I've been all in favor of updating 100%. The newer luggage is so much lighter, portable, etc.

The luggage predated me but this is the luggage my family traveled with in my youth. It was beyond heavy empty. But dang it made it off the plane intact.
763c6ca969911877c1daa486ae7c2a62.jpg

Gabe1

I write checks every month for all the bills. Never felt secure with online banking. (Fully realize I'm in the minority here.)

vintage-minnie-checks_md_2.jpg

It is a toss of a coin. You are giving far more personal information with your checks, to the branch you bank at, your account number, name, address, city and phone number along with the institution. When I pay bills online it only delivers the last 4 numbers. Still years ago we saw the first big blow up of Target being hacked. So it isn't exactly fool proof by any means. I pull up mine online every couple days or more frequently at times. A chunk of my bills are on auto deduct so I watch.

Gabe1

The first early girls were in yesterday:joyfull: so yours should be right behinds ours. I'm surprised there weren't any peas because mine had tables filled with them. There was also an abundance of greens, radishes and beets:hungry::hungry::hungry: I also got the last 2 bundles of asparagus:hungry:. I think you situation may also be due to being in a more urban area. Our large farm market opens in about 2 weeks and that's the one where I can buy in bulk for canning or freezing:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

I skipped our farmers market this week. The prices were absurd and the quality and price was better at Sams Club and Costco. Hit both. Still limited buying as DD still doesn't have a refrigerator in her apartment. Oy. Tuesday.

Gabe1

Rode flights of passage this morning, really cool.
View attachment 211858

Also took some time after to relax with a coffee.
View attachment 211859

I was so happy when Joffery's hit Disney early this decade. That old sludge syrup stuff was nasty. Only good thing about going home or eating in a quality TS restaurant was a decent cup of coffee. Disney clung to the coffee syrup way too long. Seems you are enjoying your vacation.

Gabe1

He's always done well in horse therapy. He'll even help clean a stable without complaining, doing dishes or his room is another matter entirely:banghead: So far we've been lucky ht hasn't been cut yet for him but for the last several years it's harder to qualify for it. Being in the spectrum still is almost an automatic qualifier.

Have they ever considered a therapy dog for your son? I've seen awesome results here with pups with kids on the spectrum especially in school situations.

Gabe1

I don't need a farmer's market. I just plop my 6 year old over the fence and have her pick stuff from our neighbor's garden since none of our stuff is ready yet. :joyfull::joyfull: Ok in all honesty I ask first. ;) Her zucchini and tomatoes are ready. Ours aren't. She started earlier than us. :)

Nothing is ready up here. I did see a tiny tomato on the vine today. Promise land.

Gabe1

Our plan to visit opa this weekend was foiled. He was supposed to get to go home this weekend, but developed a fever yesterday and they can't figure out where the infection is. But he's hallucinating and has some sort of amnesia...kept asking my MIL what my hubby and his brother do for work. Plus he's sleeping a LOT. So we can't really visit....too exhausting for him and too scary for the kids. So we were going to take the kids swimming and hubby would go visit alone...but the pool was closing in 20 minutes. So we took them to see Despicable Me 3 instead! So cute!
Tomorrow, DD and I are going to do a movie marathon featuring Nuns. We have Sound of Music, Sister Act 2, and POSSIBLY The Princess Diaries (there's a scene with 2 nuns), but we've watched it twice this week already. Well..she has. Sister Act 1 is not on Netflix here, so we can't watch that...

Oy. Sorry.

I love Princess Diaries. That and Parent Trap (especially the original) are in my tops favorites.

Gabe1

Confused! When was it announced that that was going to happen? Last I heard it wasn't even being considered. However, since it was brought up, as long as they are no longer going to consider the place to be Imagination they might as well change it to Emotions. Now if they consider using the old Wonders of Life pavilion into that... it would be a perfect fit and actually very much like Cranium Command in its concept.

The site that is not to be named. :rolleyes: And yes WOL would work IF they did it right but boy that pavilion isn't a ride building anylonger. The shell for Body is still there but was just a simulator and those that mostly bonded with all that Sadness were kids and so many kids that found it cute missed the storyline.

Figment was beloved without an IP. Great Imagineering. Sad they ruined the infrastructure of the turn table and never fixed it. With only 1/3 of the pavilion operational, I don't accept the DVC lounge as an attraction, it isn't the lack of love for Figment it is a ride that hasn't been given any love in forever

Cesar R M

The site that is not to be named. :rolleyes: And yes WOL would work IF they did it right but boy that pavilion isn't a ride building anylonger. The shell for Body is still there but was just a simulator and those that mostly bonded with all that Sadness were kids and so many kids that found it cute missed the storyline.

Figment was beloved without an IP. Great Imagineering. Sad they ruined the infrastructure of the turn table and never fixed it. With only 1/3 of the pavilion operational, I don't accept the DVC lounge as an attraction, it isn't the lack of love for Figment it is a ride that hasn't been given any love in forever
I remember someone mentioned that the simulators do not even exist anymore. They were all removed and the space turned into storage areas.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So...may be ending up with another cat. My aunt and uncle separated, and she couldn't take her cats with them. My uncle has stopped caring for them, and they're living outside. My cousin is taking one, but the other needs a home. My aunt is going to try to find someone locally, but if she can't, it appears I'm getting a cat. My cousin in law would bring up the cat in a few weeks when she comes up. I told my mom, and she agreed; we'll take the cat. Dad will...get used to the idea. I told Mom I would pay for vet visits and food like I do with Belle, so Dad would probably be more agreeable since it means it wouldn't cost him anything. I've met that cat. She's super sweet, laid back, not aggressive, so I think she and Belle would get used to each other. We'd be careful to introduce them correctly.

But I would have to watch for the cat to run out the door. I don't have to worry about it with Belle because she won't go outside. But once that other cat lives with me, she'll be strictly indoors with some walks on a harness. No if, ands, or buts about that one.
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Congrats on the new kitty but is there any better temporary living situation for her? I know by me there's emergency fostering but I'm not sure how it works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom