The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
There is a farmer's market not too far from where i live. Went there last Saturday, but they didn't have hardly any veggies?? o_O They had some berries, but that was about it. There were a number of tables with bread products, jams, etc. I'm thinking that maybe MA's growing season for tomatoes, etc., doesn't really peak until closer to August. Sigh . . .:cautious:
The first early girls were in yesterday:joyfull: so yours should be right behinds ours. I'm surprised there weren't any peas because mine had tables filled with them. There was also an abundance of greens, radishes and beets:hungry::hungry::hungry: I also got the last 2 bundles of asparagus:hungry:. I think you situation may also be due to being in a more urban area. Our large farm market opens in about 2 weeks and that's the one where I can buy in bulk for canning or freezing:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The first early girls were in yesterday:joyfull: so yours should be right behinds ours. I'm surprised there weren't any peas because mine had tables filled with them. There was also an abundance of greens, radishes and beets:hungry::hungry::hungry: I also got the last 2 bundles of asparagus:hungry:. I think you situation may also be due to being in a more urban area. Our large farm market opens in about 2 weeks and that's the one where I can buy in bulk for canning or freezing:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Yah, I prefer your farmer's market. You can buy all the asparagus though--I don't like those! :hungover:

Figgy1

Premium Member
That's awesome, Figgy...!!! :)
He's always done well in horse therapy. He'll even help clean a stable without complaining, doing dishes or his room is another matter entirely:banghead: So far we've been lucky ht hasn't been cut yet for him but for the last several years it's harder to qualify for it. Being in the spectrum still is almost an automatic qualifier.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our plan to visit opa this weekend was foiled. He was supposed to get to go home this weekend, but developed a fever yesterday and they can't figure out where they infection is. But he's hallucinating and has some sort of amnesia...kept asking my MIL what my hubby and his brother do for work. Plus he's sleeping a LOT. So we can't really visit....to exhausting for him and to scary for the kids. So we were going to take the kids swimming and hubby would go visit alone...but the pool was closing in 20 minutes. So we took them to see Despicable Me 3 instead! So cute!
Tomorrow, DD and I are going to do a movie marathon featuring Nuns. We have Sound of Music, Sister Act 2, and POSSIBLY The Princess Diaries (there's a scene with 2 nuns), but we've watched it twice this week already. Well..she has. Sister Act 1 is not on Netflix here, so we can't watch that...
That sounds like some well deserved fun! Continued prayers and pixie dust. xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'll pay your bail but someone might have to pay mine! Thinking we might also need a go fund me page for reconstructive surgery so we can still gain access to parks after we are banned. :rolleyes: :eek:

I struggle to understand Disney at times. Joy and Sadness was liked but some but hated by so many. Why convert a pavillion to a film that was only so so in the box office

My farmers market. Organic Eggs. Dozen = $7.00. :jawdrop:
Yesterday I paid 3.75 a dozen(I got 3 dozen) runs and hides under large rock

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hope not too. Epcot is unique. Once free of IPs. A very different offering. Disney at its best offering different experience not just an extention of every other park. I really want dollars spent to fix the failings but don't want to loose what Epcot is.

Figment is beloved. To loose it to a very mediocre Disney film, I don't get that.
^^^^This but I really don't have much of a problem with Nemo taking over part of the Seas. For the most part it's not too much and still leaves the educational component in tact. It's not the IPs per se it's removing the educational part that gets me mad. I like Frostrom but not where it is. I also wouldn't have a problem with bringing the Ratatouille ride to France as long as they still have a film about France.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I remember my first suitcases as an adult. They were latches and some had combos. Some had a weird latches that you could insert a lock. I don't think they could accommodate a TSA lock. Way too much has changed since 9/11
I can't like that. Yup my oldest suitcase can only have a small padlock put on it. To some extent I'm glad I haven't had to check if a TSA safe lock could be used.

MySmallWorldof4

^^^^This but I really don't have much of a problem with Nemo taking over part of the Seas. For the most part it's not too much and still leaves the educational component in tact. It's not the IPs per se it's removing the educational part that gets me mad. I like Frostrom but not where it is. I also wouldn't have a problem with bringing the Ratatouille ride to France as long as they still have a film about France.
Agreed. I love that film.:happy: (The France film to be clear.:D)

MySmallWorldof4

Our plan to visit opa this weekend was foiled. He was supposed to get to go home this weekend, but developed a fever yesterday and they can't figure out where they infection is. But he's hallucinating and has some sort of amnesia...kept asking my MIL what my hubby and his brother do for work. Plus he's sleeping a LOT. So we can't really visit....to exhausting for him and to scary for the kids. So we were going to take the kids swimming and hubby would go visit alone...but the pool was closing in 20 minutes. So we took them to see Despicable Me 3 instead! So cute!
Tomorrow, DD and I are going to do a movie marathon featuring Nuns. We have Sound of Music, Sister Act 2, and POSSIBLY The Princess Diaries (there's a scene with 2 nuns), but we've watched it twice this week already. Well..she has. Sister Act 1 is not on Netflix here, so we can't watch that...
More prayers sent your way.
I'll pay your bail but someone might have to pay mine! Thinking we might also need a go fund me page for reconstructive surgery so we can still gain access to parks after we are banned. :rolleyes: :eek:

I struggle to understand Disney at times. Joy and Sadness was liked but some but hated by so many. Why convert a pavillion to a film that was only so so in the box office

My farmers market. Organic Eggs. Dozen = $7.00. :jawdrop:
Jeez you have an expensive farmers market. I can buy organic eggs at the supermarket for under $6. Luckily though, I stopped buying eggs 2 years ago because I no longer cook with them. None of my kids like them and I found so many dairy free recipes that work without them. For example I made the best vegan vanilla cupcakes with a coconut strawberry buttercream. Brought them to a group picnic yesterday and people could not believe they were vegan. :hungry:

Songbird76

OK, I'm answering posts I already have again, so I'm gonna' call it a night. :oops: :rolleyes:
But, first, I forgot to post about this...
DWifey got a call on Tuesday evening from the head Manager at Kerby Lane Cafe about the "Great Father's Day Mimosa Shower of '17". She, apparently, had just heard about it. She said she was surprised we weren't comped anything, and wanted to make up for it by offering us all a free (booze not included, of course ;)) family meal anytime in the future.
I'm impressed...
We'd already let it go that day long before we even left the place, but, that was very cool of her to follow up. Apparently, it made quite the impression, and DWifey took the hit for the team...!!!!! :hilarious: :oops: ;)

OK gang, I'm out...!
Y'all be cool, and sweet Disney dreams and mornin' to all...!!!
See y'allllllllllllllll...!!!!! :)
Wow!! That's nice!! We got no comp from the hibachi grill at all. I wonder if the management even knew it happened since we didn't make a fuss at all.

MySmallWorldof4

Something that I miss, there arent many drive in theaters left in my whole country. There isnt any in my town.
We have one near us, but we need to bring lots of bug spray. The toughest part is trying to stay up late. We are all up so early in the morning. I prefer the 10am movies at the indoor theater.;)
Same here!! Lots of delicious delicious bread that is nowhere in my diet plan but always seems to make its way into my tummy :hilarious::hilarious:
I cannot say no to bread.:hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom