The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Good morning to everyone! We took a couple hours out from the drama and went to the youngest grandson's choir concert last night. It's the last until his next year's graduation from grade school. We will miss the passing of this event each year. He did a solo and has a very pretty voice. He likes to preform on stage....no stage fright for him. So proud of both grandson's...hubby took a couple pictures last night. Will send as soon as I can. Back later.

Goofyernmost

The routine surgery now a days for cataracts is very different concerns for Mac patients. They look for the prime time when the fluid isn't built up behind. Poor timing could lead to blindness after surgery. My Mom had many shots to the the eye for several years to dry up the fluids until she got to the point where the surgeons would risk. It's heck getting old isn't it?
Aging is not for sissies! However, it still beats the alternative.

Goofyernmost

That is amazing. I also recall when @Goofyernmost had his done, and it seemed like it was a bit touch and go for a while, but in due course, the results were very good. I've heard great things about this type of surgery from many different people.
That was true, I had a few anxious days when my vision was like looking through a lace curtain. Many others didn't have that slower time to heal. It took about 20 days for my vision to clear up and be wonderful. I have known at least three people that had clear vision before they got off the operating gurney. I have no idea what the difference was or why. But, it was more the end result that I am concerned with.

betty rose

I hope everyone has a nice week-end. We are taking Saturday and Sunday off . We are going to a southern mountain , can't be specific about where...let's just say it's near the million mile road, paved with gold. We are going to take the boy's and dd. We all need a breather. We hope to return with some pictures will post at a later date. xoxo to everyone...that has been kind to our family......We will drive carefully, and keep an eye out;);):eek::eek: peeled for deer.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I hope everyone has a nice week-end. We are taking Saturday and Sunday off . We are going to a southern mountain , can't be specific about where...let's just say it's near the million mile road, paved with gold. We are going to take the boy's and dd. We all need a breather. We hope to return with some pictures will post at a later date. xoxo to everyone...that has been kind to our family......We will drive carefully, and keep an eye out;);):eek::eek: peeled for deer.

Have a great one.

MOXOMUMD

Ok, so when I get home, I am going to need a vacation to unwind. Disneyland Paris is celebrating 25 years and they have some decent deals going for Dutch residents. We could go in October when the kids have fall break. So...I need to pick a resort to see how much it costs. Where do you all stay, those of you who have done Paris? And why?
And also, for those of you who do cruises...I was talking to my brother and brother-in-law and they did a cruise for their honeymoon and there was a musical show that passengers could audition to be in and they got a photo and a DVD...it looks like a hoot. I was wondering if that's standard on most cruise lines/ships? They were on the Star Princess, which I THINK they said was Carnival? But I could be wrong...but that sounds like so much fun to do.
Star Princess is Princess Cruiselines not Carnival. On Carnival they have a lot of interactive programs like the game show where you can win a Hasbro Family game package worth about $500.

BAChicagoGal

I have a Macular Pucker on both of my eyes. A macular pucker is scar tissue on the center part of one's retina. When I tell people that I have this, they almost immediately think that I have macular degeneration, which is not what I have at all. I may never need surgery for the macular pucker, but if I ever do having these cataracts removed is absolutely necessary. So I am having the cataract surgery at the end of the year, and the macular pucker condition is being closely monitored. I go to the doctor twice a year for that.

Of course, I think my vision is fine with glasses, but the doctor tells me I don't know what I am missing because my vision has been very slowly deteriorating my entire life.

betty rose

My daughter stopped napping at age 3. My mother said it must be hereditary because I did too. :joyfull:
Dd stopped in her first year. She would go for a nap, but she laid in her crib and talked the whole time. We stopped the naps, when she climbed out of her crib, and fell on the floor. We got her a junior bed, and she went to her room to "rest". I would hear her moving around in the room. She was supposed to rest in her special bed. She rested when she got toy's and book's in the bed. She has never liked to waste time sleeping.:):):)

betty rose

I have a Macular Pucker on both of my eyes. A macular pucker is scar tissue on the center part of one's retina. When I tell people that I have this, they almost immediately think that I have macular degeneration, which is not what I have at all. I may never need surgery for the macular pucker, but if I ever do having these cataracts removed is absolutely necessary. So I am having the cataract surgery at the end of the year, and the macular pucker condition is being closely monitored. I go to the doctor twice a year for that.

Of course, I think my vision is fine with glasses, but the doctor tells me I don't know what I am missing because my vision has been very slowly deteriorating my entire life.
Mine too, it's the aging thingy. I ate carrots "as they are good for the eyes" (not true) . I'm proof of that. Funny I go back to the eye doctor to check lenses for cataracts. In July, and get new glasses for rotating the lenses. These glasses will help me see better. Now I have one more problem, how not to look at my face after. I suspect I will see a lot more wrinkles!;);):eek::eek::eek::in pain::in pain::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cesar R M

Not bad.

C-XgJ2sWAAE7Rjw.jpg
thats one hell of a deal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom