The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I didn't care for Inside Out.
I loved UP, but, remember that I am basically dead on the inside so the hardcore emotional parts really didn't send me over the top. Inside Out was a different experience and one that I seldom ever venture into. As I watched the movie I was envisioning different scenes that would go into the Imagination Pavilion either in the Dark ride or the 3D movie. I forget what they called that area with the shelves of whatever they stored there, emotions or whatever it was, were perfect for a spectacular huge room display. I'm sorry, it was a while ago that I saw that movie and I am a little cloudy on the details now, but the graphics were so vivid that it made me think that it would make a great dark ride.
MV5BMTQ1OTc1NTA5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc3MjAxNjE@._V1._CR1,50,934,524_.jpg

open-uri20150608-27674-1xccmk6_8f330938.jpeg

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Look at this. My dh was rummaging in the basement the other day and found a keepsake "shoebox", of things from when we dated. He found this ticket stub. Read it carefully.
It was supposed to be for The LIon King, but apparently it seems like we saw an X-rated movie. I guess someone at the theater was being funny :hilarious::hilarious:View attachment 200705
The first thing I thought was I have to pull a pork loin from the freezer:facepalm::hilarious:

donaldtoo

Oh, it just kills me the difference in the Main Street USA stores down through the years.

You know what is the biggest surprise to me, about all this morphing of unexciting, general merchandise? I can't wrap my head around a company that rams all these upsell events, high-priced hotels, etc. to the guests, and yet, puts a lot of cheap carp for sale in the stores?! :confused:

On the one hand, they're confident they have a huge base of guests who'll buy the expensive add-ons to the general park experience; and yet, their marketing and retail sales divisions haven't put two and two together--and continue to market low-priced, generic stuff in the shops?! :banghead:

Seems to me that the classier stuff fit in nicely with lower-priced items, in their stores for many years. :cautious:

I think I've posted about this before, but, some of the junk we used to get at the Disney Store was just baffling :confused:, to the point of sometimes even being recalled. :cyclops:
I can remember 2 recall items off the top of my head...
The first were these new character cups we got in shipment one time. They were shaped-ish like the princesses, and painted their particular colors on the outside. Even as we were unpacking them backstage to be shelved and then put onstage during our next stage set, the paint was already chipping off of them :cyclops: (We did stage sets about every 3 weeks or so after early store close on Sunday nights - as per mall hours, we were open from 12p-6p on Sunday's, 10a-9p the rest of the week - which pretty much involved moving things around depending on how they were selling, putting new merch on stage, etc. Many times we were there 'til after midnight)
We put as many as we could onstage that didn't look like total carp.
The other item was these kiddo metal-framed, canvas-covered, beach chairs with a matching attachable side-mounted umbrella. Apparently, they were bending and/or collapsing and pinching some kiddos (I Rolled my eyes at how flimsy they looked when l first unpacked one :rolleyes:).
Eventually, we got emails from Home Office to remove those items from onstage, and store the backstage until further notice.
Eventually, we were directed to destroy all of both items in the crusher dumpster out back.
A manager and at least one other CM had to be present to witness the crushing, so as to supposedly deter any pilferage. :cyclops:
One item I will never forget, was these, but they were never recalled (probably because they made thousands upon thousands of them) were these...

image.jpeg

The problem? The cars wheels didn't roll...!!! :hilarious:
The brainiac(s) in product developement that came up with that were hopefully fired. :bored:
What little boy/girl wants a car with wheels that don't roll...?!?!?! o_O
I used to make sure I informed every guest of this before they purchased them because we were getting so many returns when they discovered this after purchase, it just didn't make sense to not let them know in the first place. :rolleyes:

Yep, I should write a book...!!! :hilarious: ;)

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It definitively looks way better. just tone down the texture and brightness on some of the far right buildings. They do not look properly shadowed compared to the rest.

Id also remove the boats, and increase the color of the trees to fit the bright green that is seen in some of the buildings.
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. Don't have access to Photoshop until Monday, so that's that

Cesar R M

I think I've posted about this before, but, some of the junk we used to get at the Disney Store was just baffling :confused:, to the point of sometimes even being recalled. :cyclops:
I can remember 2 recall items off the top of my head...
The first were these new character cups we got in shipment one time. They were shaped-ish like the princesses, and painted their particular colors on the outside. Even as we were unpacking them backstage to be shelved and then put onstage during our next stage set, the paint was already chipping off of them :cyclops: (We did stage sets about every 3 weeks or so after early store close on Sunday nights - as per mall hours, we were open from 12p-6p on Sunday's, 10a-9p the rest of the week - which pretty much involved moving things around depending on how they were selling, putting new merch on stage, etc. Many times we were there 'til after midnight)
We put as many as we could onstage that didn't look like total carp.
The other item was these kiddo metal-framed, canvas-covered, beach chairs with a matching attachable side-mounted umbrella. Apparently, they were bending and/or collapsing and pinching some kiddos (I Rolled my eyes at how flimsy they looked when l first unpacked one :rolleyes:).
Eventually, we got emails from Home Office to remove those items from onstage, and store the backstage until further notice.
Eventually, we were directed to destroy all of both items in the crusher dumpster out back.
A manager and at least one other CM had to be present to witness the crushing, so as to supposedly deter any pilferage. :cyclops:
One item I will never forget, was these, but they were never recalled (probably because they made thousands upon thousands of them) were these...

View attachment 200719

The problem? The cars wheels didn't roll...!!! :hilarious:
The brainiac(s) in product developement that came up with that were hopefully fired. :bored:
What little boy/girl wants a car with wheels that don't roll...?!?!?! o_O
I used to make sure I informed every guest of this before they purchased them because we were getting so many returns when they discovered this after purchase, it just didn't make sense to not let them know in the first place. :rolleyes:

Yep, I should write a book...!!! :hilarious: ;)
those sound like for adult "kids" who want to have these as collectibles.. apart from that. I have no idea what the designers were thinking..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom