The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Another coffee table book with lots of photos that kinda fell under the radar is

Walt Disney World: 20 Magical Years

511U63PvQ5L.jpg

Its cover is nothing to write home about but it gives 3 park builds and the studios were still developing at that point. Being a kinda ugly cover and the hype already ramping for the 25th of the MK this first stab to the 25th book is a bit more obscure. (of course I have both)
5165G7Bl4DL.jpg

Thanks again, Gabe!!! :)
I'll probably be ordering that one soon, too...there is no limit to the Disney books I want...!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

I would love to read this one too. I have been following the prices of some of these you've shown on ebay & amazon for awhile. I'm hoping to make some garage sale rounds this year hoping to find some books or vintage Disney things. If not then maybe I might order a few. I have a couple books from some early trips and a friend of mine's mom was cleaning out her basement and gave me a WDW souvenir book from the mid '80's. It is fun to flip through and see either what I missed seeing, stuff I was too little to remember or to take a trip down memory lane.

I also have my own book. When I was a kid I couldn't afford big souvenirs so I would buy postcards. They were cheap and had pictures of rides and stuff I couldn't take pictures of. So I have almost every postcard with an actual photo I ever saw for sale at WDW from 1987 to recent ones. I mostly went for the picture (actual photo) ones and not the ones that were over-sized or that were drawings.

I remember when I first started buying them I had a big stack when I checked out at the Emporium and the cast member's eyes bugged out a little. I think she thought I was going to be writing the rest of the day!

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
That is a cute story...such great memories...!!!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

My soul hurts for Indy too. Such a short life with you guys but a lifetime to Indy, Godsent. I've had 5 pups in my adult life. All special in their own way to me. Walt came to us after my DS was away at college and yet Walt's favorite person go figure-though Walt knew I was his Person of Interest that took care of him, I was the People-the MOM. I took care of all his life needs. Walt left us at a time we needed him most. Hard likely as much for him as it was for us.

Sympathy like, and thank you so very much, Gabe.
I know how much Walt meant to y'all, but, speaking for myself, through your pics and stories, he also meant a lot to us here, too.
I'm pretty stone cold when it comes to a lot of things in life...stuff happens...we go on. It has to be that way, otherwise we'd all be curled up under our beds with our thumbs in our mouths whining for our mommies...definitely not good, or my style.

But, Belly Crazy Cakes and Ranger Danger are awesome pups, as well, and they are a continuous joy in our lives...!!!!! :joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just had the strangest ride through a flooded parking lot with snow mounds left in it in 60 something degree weather:hilarious: I'm not going near that place today because it dropped below freezing:mad::mad::mad::mad: Tonight's dinner groundhog francaise with sauteed broccoli and chardonay:D

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Whew, okay. I didn't want to mention it yesterday because I thougt maybe I was overthinking it, but I agree. I thought many of her expressions were expressionless. I wish they would have gone with an unknown. But the acting from the rest of the cast was spectacular.
I thought she was great. I had an issue with Mrs Potts voice however.

MySmallWorldof4

I thought she was great. I had an issue with Mrs Potts voice however.
I actually liked EmmaThompson as Mrs. Potts. I feel she can pull off so many different roles and is believable. I think I just kept seeing Hermione Granger when I saw Emma Watson on the screen. Her singing pales in comparison to the original. Regardless though, I absolutely loved it! I love period movies anyway and Disney just outdid themselves with everything in this one.

donaldtoo

I was an older teen when I met my first McD's. I'll still take my childhood of Lum's and Morrisons. Both good values with some real wholesome good food for a fair exchange of $$$

We were first introduced to McD's when we moved to No Cal in '68. I remember the Big Mac had just come out nationwide.
By far and away, the majority of our meals were home cooked by mom, but, we were treated pretty often as well. I've already mentioned Shakey's Pizza, and McD's, but, another place I have good memories of is Burger Pit...everything (they had steaks as well) was charbroiled, and the place always smelled sooo good...! :hungry:
I don't remember doing any cafeteria places 'til we moved back to Texas. Furr's and Luby's. And, again, it wasn't very often, as most of our meals were still homemade.
And, of course, we went to the occasional BBQ and Tex-Mex places...! :hungry: ;) :)

McD's and Burger Pit as I remember the style of those places way back when... :)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom