The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

mine-seagull-1024x878.png

But here you go dear friend....look around on Amazon for the best price and shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disneys...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GB742YVJ2GDKXYRF1WG7

Thanks again, Gabe!
Just finished ordering the book from Amazon...!!!!! :joyfull: :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That is why you sew so well! And you get to make clothes that are interesting and flatter you. You seem to know how to shop for deals on fabric too, so it is probably cheaper than stores, which would be appealing to me. When I order clothes I have to order a variety of sizes, so the bill is always super high. That was the case yesterday, I wanted to get the ones I wasn't keeping credited back to my credit card before the bill. When I returned them to the store, there were some other cute clothes but I didn't feeling trying on anything and the prices just seemed high. I thought to myself that I really need to learn how to sew like you.
I can sew well. I can create my own patterns, have done so for costumes for decades.

But I lack the determination, desire and commitment that our @figmentfan423 has to make clothing. Drapes seem to be the only custom sewing I complete.

MySmallWorldof4

Just came back from seeing BATB. It was so very fantastic! I absolutely loved it! It beat all of my expectations. I loved the new song that The Beast sang on his own towards the end of the film. Maybe it originally was supposed to be in the original, but got cut for time? Dunno. Anyway it was great. I totally recommend it. My girls really enjoyed it also. My dd6 was dancing along in her seat during the scenes where there was dancing and dd9 was cracking up at so many of the more comedic scenes. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, in my humble opinion you must. Disney at its best!:):):):):)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I can sew well. I can create my own patterns, have done so for costumes for decades.

But I lack the determination, desire and commitment that our @figmentfan423 has to make clothing. Drapes seem to be the only custom sewing I complete.

I can do stuff with straight lines okay. But whenever I have attempted anything with sleeves or legs it hasn't gone well. I also am not very patient and my lines end up a little curvy.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That is why you sew so well! And you get to make clothes that are interesting and flatter you. You seem to know how to shop for deals on fabric too, so it is probably cheaper than stores, which would be appealing to me. When I order clothes I have to order a variety of sizes, so the bill is always super high. That was the case yesterday, I wanted to get the ones I wasn't keeping credited back to my credit card before the bill. When I returned them to the store, there were some other cute clothes but I didn't feeling trying on anything and the prices just seemed high. I thought to myself that I really need to learn how to sew like you.

I've got a better idea: let Figgy sew your clothes! :p

StarWarsGirl

Just came back from seeing BATB. It was so very fantastic! I absolutely loved it! It beat all of my expectations. I loved the new song that The Beast sang on his own towards the end of the film. Maybe it originally was supposed to be in the original, but got cut for time? Dunno. Anyway it was great. I totally recommend it. My girls really enjoyed it also. My dd6 was dancing along in her seat during the scenes where there was dancing and dd9 was cracking up at so many of the more comedic scenes. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, in my humble opinion you must. Disney at its best!:):):):):)
I saw an interview with Dan Stevens, and he said they considered using "If Can't Love Her" from the stage show, but with the story changes, it didn't fit, so Alan Menken wrote "Evermore" for the film. It's very similar in tone to "If I Can't Love Her" and is probably my favorite new song (I haven't seen it yet; I just have the soundtrack).

StarWarsGirl

We have If I Can't Love Her....

And Evermore...

Very similar, but just different enough.

Cesar R M

I agree with DWifey!

By the way, I have a Mickey Mouse toaster that toasts an imprint of Mickey's head on the toast, but sometimes it doesn't always look like him. I would say your toast looks more like Mickey than the last piece I had out of my Mickey toaster. The Disney gods are sending you a message for sure!:)
isnt it just easier to use a cookie cutter in the shape of mickey?

Figgy1

Premium Member

You forgot cheap:D Maybe if the clothes fit and had a union label maybe I wouldn't mind paying for more of them.

donaldtoo

Yeah if we wanted to find you Steve, we know of all your food hang outs we would just wait at one for you to show up and have a brewskie with! ;) And if you didn't show up, well, at least we would be eating good food without you. The Austin restaurant association should hire you to advertise for them! :)

A huge :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: to all of that!!!!!!!
This post just made my day...!!!!! :happy:
If y'all, or anyone else here, ever do head this way, by some chance, we would definitely love to meet up with y'all and share some good conversation over some great local food...!!! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I can't wait to see it but finding time for a date day or night isn't going to be easy with my dh's schedule change and my younger ds' chorus rehearsal schedule:grumpy: With any luck my dh will adjust quickly and we can see it in 2 weeks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom