The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I was on the pier today. No coat even on Lake Michigan with a warm wind, sunshine too. It was a glorious long day. I took some photos for you at the Flower and Garden show. Pretty flowers and veggies! Spent half the time on Navy Pier though, we were going in and out of the show cause it was just too awesome to stay inside even with all the greenery.

It was nearing 6 and waiting for a bus to take us back to Union Station and we were getting a bit overheated. Yes overheated, winter clothing and almost 80.
A big forceful gust came off the lake out of nowhere and it dropped 15 degrees in seconds and we chilly. By the time we got off the train it was cold again and now is 41 degrees.

We had summer and now winter has returned. But a nice day.
Thank you I could use some flowers and 80 degree temps

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Needless to say, I love eveything you mentioned...!!! :hilarious: :oops: :D

And, Skakey's Pizza, now there's a blast from my past...we ate there many times in No Cal back in the day...! :)

View attachment 195807

Burst out laughing at the photo of the sign -- Pizza PARLOR?! Now, that must be a super classy pizza joint!! :hilarious: Gosh, I miss the old style, road-side signs that had "character" like that! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Definitely. Although I think it's a natural thing in my family. I've had to learn how to talk about my feelings and to tell people when something is wrong. It's good to some degree, though, because I just go with the flow. Serves me well in the workplace.

We call my father Mr. Vulcan. :joyfull:

I think it's good to have a Mr. Vulcan in life, as it "prepares" you for the world later on. Luckily, i had a mixture of personalities in my family growing up. So I was exposed to both ends of the personality spectrum. I realized years later as an adult, that I was fortunate.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I have no luck what so ever ordering clothes online except for the one pair of jeans I found that fit:(

That is why you sew so well! And you get to make clothes that are interesting and flatter you. You seem to know how to shop for deals on fabric too, so it is probably cheaper than stores, which would be appealing to me. When I order clothes I have to order a variety of sizes, so the bill is always super high. That was the case yesterday, I wanted to get the ones I wasn't keeping credited back to my credit card before the bill. When I returned them to the store, there were some other cute clothes but I didn't feeling trying on anything and the prices just seemed high. I thought to myself that I really need to learn how to sew like you.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Off to see Beauty and the Beast with my little beauties.:) Dh and ds going to go ride go-carts.

No Beauty and the Beast for your hubs or son? I asked my 7th graders what their weekend plans were and one of my boys (who is very until hunting/fishing and kind of a tough guy) rose his hand excitedly and said very eagerly that he was going to see Beauty and the Beast. He knew all the characters already because he said he had already watched the the animated (he even said animated) version. It was kind of touching that a tough 7th grade boy was so excited to see Beauty and the Beast.

MySmallWorldof4

No Beauty and the Beast for your hubs or son? I asked my 7th graders what their weekend plans were and one of my boys (who is very until hunting/fishing and kind of a tough guy) rose his hand excitedly and said very eagerly that he was going to see Beauty and the Beast. He knew all the characters already because he said he had already watched the the animated (he even said animated) version. It was kind of touching that a tough 7th grade boy was so excited to see Beauty and the Beast.
My ds is in no way a rough and tumble kind of boy as he is practically always around girls since he has 3 sisters and takes gymnastics classes, but he just was not interested in this film. We will buy it when it comes put on blu ray and he will see it then. I figured it is nice for him to just have daddy and son time. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
DWifey made some toast this morning, and brought it to me chuckling, as it had a slightly familiar shape...!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 195997

DWifey says it's a sign that we should be planning a Disney trip...!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

I agree with DWifey!

By the way, I have a Mickey Mouse toaster that toasts an imprint of Mickey's head on the toast, but sometimes it doesn't always look like him. I would say your toast looks more like Mickey than the last piece I had out of my Mickey toaster. The Disney gods are sending you a message for sure!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
That is why you sew so well! And you get to make clothes that are interesting and flatter you. You seem to know how to shop for deals on fabric too, so it is probably cheaper than stores, which would be appealing to me. When I order clothes I have to order a variety of sizes, so the bill is always super high. That was the case yesterday, I wanted to get the ones I wasn't keeping credited back to my credit card before the bill. When I returned them to the store, there were some other cute clothes but I didn't feeling trying on anything and the prices just seemed high. I thought to myself that I really need to learn how to sew like you.
THNX it's like cooking a skill learned mostly for survival:hilarious:

donaldtoo

I agree with DWifey!

By the way, I have a Mickey Mouse toaster that toasts an imprint of Mickey's head on the toast, but sometimes it doesn't always look like him. I would say your toast looks more like Mickey than the last piece I had out of my Mickey toaster. The Disney gods are sending you a message for sure!:)

Hahaaa...!!! :hilarious:
Yea, we may hafta' figure out a way to sneak a coupla' WDW days into our holiday Key West trip...! :D ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom