The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

So nice of those companies to treat you all so nicely. It helps everyone when employees feel valued by their employers.

It is indeed nice of them, as no employer is required or expected (by most of us, anyway ;)) to do anything of the sort.
But, it also helps that we're workin' our beeeeehinds off for them and they're bankin' some serious $$$. :cautious:
If the assigned office Christmas party speech partner at our party this year would have said what a great year the firm had and how much he appreciated us all one more time, I would have been really tempted to ask for a doubling of my bonus...!!! :hilarious: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :cool: :D ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't buy them, but I like looking at the little animal figures in Mexico. I think they are so pretty and colorful.

I have a couple on shelves in my massive entertainment center that is black. The smaller shelves are kinda dark so these bright and colorful trinkets are perfect. I was always fascinated by the skulls. Each skull tells a different story in pictures painted very small all over the skulls. Well frankly you can only have so many skulls so I've branched out first to the fish and now to a couple other critters.

donaldtoo

In your area, given a choice of taking off Presidents Day, versus staying one day longer in June, I'd still rather Presidents Day. I like spacing out my time off. And, if I was still a kid in school, an extra day in June wouldn't be so bad--when you know you have a few months off for summer vacation. Alas . . . a moot point for moi--I'm doomed to the work world--no plentiful, long vacations anymore for me! ;)

image.jpeg

;)

donaldtoo

I survived the day at school, fortunately my plan was originally for the students to be doing mostly independent work. Although I did show my 7th graders a video clip of the digestive system. Half of them were enthralled, the other half were grossed out. :D

Sounds like you may have discovered which of your students are more likely to become doctors in the future. ;)

donaldtoo

Looks great, but, we tend to shy away from Mexican food and BBQ when at WDW, because we have so many awesome choices here, and we haven't even talked about going to Uni. anytime soon.
But, again, it does look great...! :hungry: :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Tomorrow is Friday Fun Day Movie Time at work. We're shuttin' down the office at 11a and goin' to see "Fist Fight"...! :)
Doesn't look like it's gettin' many good reviews, but, who cares, 'cause the firm is coverin' the tickets, snacks, and even the 2 hours of Half-day Friday work we're gonna' miss...!!!!! :joyfull:

And, Next Friday night DWifeys whole dept. is bein' taken out to dinner as a performance reward...! :)

It's great to work for companies that give a rip about their employees...! :happy:
Again long term vs short term thinking

Figgy1

Premium Member
My favorite poster
71O8%2BIZxzbL._SL1000_.jpg
That would be a need not a want:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom