The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
because its one of a kind event? because people are more curious than actually thinking about their safety?
because it could be a "bragging" thing to have "took photos of one of the biggest alligator ever"?or even monetary (aka sell the pictures and video to some station)

I had to laugh, because this reminded me of something idiotic that I did, about 20 years ago. Hubs and I were up in the Maine woods and we came upon a mother moose and her young moose. Immediately, the young moose ran across the way, and the mother moose had her eyes planted on me. The reason was that I had a camera, and thought I'd get in a little closer, to get an excellent photo of the mother moose. :rolleyes:

I gently walked toward her, speaking in a soft voice (while hubs was desperately trying to tell me to retreat
slowly . . . ). Somehow, I got my photo, and it was a miracle that the mother didn't charge and/or trample me. :eek:

Sometimes, when we're faced with an unusual situation like a close-up photo of a moose or even a giant alligator, our common sense shuts down! :p :D

Goofyernmost

What the what?????????????????? I've never heard of such nonsense:eek: Some winters the cars get a bath every other week or so and some years it's once or twice the whole season depending on weather we can turn the outside water on or not. Never had a problem with doing just that.
Yea, my thoughts exactly. Even if it were a real thing, shouldn't I have the right to refuse that service on MY car. It was mentioned on the way in and I said unequivocally and resoundingly, NO! It wasn't until I got to the payment part that I found out that it was mandatory. And, sadly, like Disney it is an up-charge. Fortunately, you cannot swing a dead groundhog around this area without hitting another car wash.

Goofyernmost

I had to laugh, because this reminded me of something idiotic that I did, about 20 years ago. Hubs and I were up in the Maine woods and we came upon a mother moose and her young moose. Immediately, the young moose ran across the way, and the mother moose had her eyes planted on me. The reason was that I had a camera, and thought I'd get in a little closer, to get an excellent photo of the mother moose. :rolleyes:

I gently walked toward her, speaking in a soft voice (while hubs was desperately trying to tell me to retreat
slowly . . . ). Somehow, I got my photo, and it was a miracle that the mother didn't charge and/or trample me. :eek:

Sometimes, when we're faced with an unusual situation like a close-up photo of a moose or even a giant alligator, our common sense shuts down! :p :D
I think I told you about the lady in Allegheny State Park in N.Y. At the time they had a dump were all the parks garbage was dumped. In the evening many folks would go there because the bears would come out and rummage through the stuff for something to eat. This lady found a dried up piece of bread and went up to this huge bear and poked him in the ribs with the bread to get his attention so he would look toward her so she could get a picture. If there truly was a survival of the fittest element to life this lady would have been dinner. I never saw anyone do anything as dangerous as that while totally oblivious to what could have happened. I'd say it was the Disney Anamatronics syndrome, but, it was in the early 60's and Disney wasn't really the influence that it is today as far as ingraining the feeling of the total, it's not real, attitude.

StarWarsGirl

Kinda how I feel about Florida's Tower over California's Tower. So not the same. I hear the same about MK Pooh vs Tokyo's.
Yup, WDW's tower is definitely better. Although DCA's is undergoing its Guardians refurb, so right now, it is a giant, brown tent.

Tokyo's Pooh uses the trackless technology. The only US park with that techbology is DCA with Luigi's. Considering how cool that ride is, I can only imagine what Tokyo's Pooh must be like.

StarWarsGirl

Yep, same here. PotC at DLR is definitely my favorite, as I remember from my first childhood ride on it in '68, and the last time we rode it in June of '10...! :)
I love that version. First ride I did this past trip. Went to DL without my friend for a few hours the first day since she was unfortunately stuck with homework. I immediately went over and rode Pirates. Funny thing was, we met up later, and the first thing she says is, "So, how was Pirates?" I may have mentioned wanting to ride that once or twice. :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

Last night we ate at BOG. Normally, with my food allergies, I don't call a chef out and just do the allergy-friendly menu, but what I wanted wasn't on the allergy friendly menu, and I wanted to talk to the chef to figure out if there was a way to make it safe (there was).

The chef gets out to the table, looks at me, and says, "Oh, it's you.":hilarious: And then later, "Well, if I remember correctly..." Yeah, he remembered me. We've eatten there a few times. :joyfull:

Cesar R M

I guess, I still remember when people decided it was a good idea to take a Selfie with a bear.. or worse.. a giant Bison.

But then, I bet those deaths were pushed by the dumb "do something more risky" that started with that stupid "planking" craziness.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I guess, I still remember when people decided it was a good idea to take a Selfie with a bear.. or worse.. a giant Bison.

But then, I bet those deaths were pushed by the dumb "do something more risky" that started with that stupid "planking" craziness.
I still think the "genius" who took a selfie with a rattlesnake up close and personal wins the :facepalm:prize:hilarious:

Cesar R M

I still think the "genius" who took a selfie with a rattlesnake up close and personal wins the :facepalm:prize:hilarious:
Well, he got a bill of around 150,000 USD. so that will teach him..

*edit*
I still cannot fathom a bill of 84,000 USD for "pharmacy services". With that much money you could build a goddarn pharmacy from scratch. OUTRAGEOUS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom