The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

So glad y'all had an awesome night, and thanks for the info! :)
I've seen Casablanca more times than I've seen Singin' in the Rain, but they're both great flicks!
Another one of my favorites was on TCM this afternoon...Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Cary Grant and Myrna Loy...quite a bit of fun in that one...! :)

View attachment 184634
View attachment 184635
We have the same taste in old movies, I love all three of those.

betty rose

The Hilton is a lovely resort. The views are gorgeous. I prefer Aulani because of their awesome pools (and because minus the views of Diamondhead, I'm not a fan of Waikiki).

I actually did have a really bad trip to Hawaii in 2013, although not like the Brady Bunch episode. It was right after high school, and I was generally not in good health. We had gone to Disneyland and then to Aulani. I was fine in Disneyland, had a great time. We got to Aulani, and they were having an unusually wet summer. My allergies were terrible. I couldn't go outside at night, despite high doses of allergy meds. I was better during the day, but I felt so bad that I was basically stuck at the resort. Not that it was a bad place to be stuck, but I was not having a great time. It was a whole lot of sitting on a lounge chair. We nearly had to get off the plane home because I was not breathing well at all and we were debating an ER trip, but I told my mom, "Please just get me off this rock." Thankfully, we had a stop in Denver where I did a breathing treatment and started feeling better. And then I got home and had an emergency room trip two days later at home. A change in meds helped overall, and my next trip there was much better.

My parents are talking about doing another Disneyland/Hawaii trip this summer. I'm not planning on going since there's no way I can take the time off from work. I'm not sure whether I'll go for their August WDW trip. I was thinking I would, but I have such horrible seasonal affective disorder that I think I need to go south in January and maybe just come for a long weekend in August.
This has been a horrible year for allergies, and asthma. I can't go without medicine, and an emergency inhaler everyday. This is the worst year for hubby and me. What is going on with the air quality? We have bad air days, almost everyday.

betty rose

With both those things applying to our family (veteran and union) the only thing that would have kept us from having a Sony was the price. Sony was the unquestioned leader in electronics and they were also the most expensive, contrary to common beliefs. I think ours was an RCA, but I do not remember any color TV in our house until the late 60's. The ones I saw were at a neighbors house. The first show I remember watching in color was either "Get Smart" or "Lost in Space".
Disney for me.

betty rose

Thank you we did! We walked from one end of a small town to the other and back, stopped in a little book store(family run)(no coffee or such but 1 reading couch), and a few other local stores, I bought film(yup still have a "real" camera, also family run store), got coffee at a couple of places (not chain spots) I also got some trim at a major discount. A fun day indeed!:inlove: Today maybe not so much, ICE:eek::rolleyes::bawling::cold::coldfeet::cry::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sorry, I hope the ice is gone. We had ice, too. Now the weather station is saying we had the warmest temps. on record. Where, if I may ask?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom