The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In other news, my choir director asked me to participate in a mastery class. I have to pick a Rodger's and Hammerstein song. I wanted one that is good for my range, interesting, and not overdone. I think I want to do "In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella. Good song for a soprano, not overdone, and interesting. Now I'm rather nervous and glad I have about a month to prepare one song.
Congrat's. Wow. What an honor. :inlove:

MOXOMUMD

We are supposed to have heavy rains for the next few days. Mother Nature is trying to make up for this summer I suppose.

Today my baby turns 11. :happy: Time flies. Today is also the beginning of 5th grade starter band to see which instruments the students are good at annnnnd my daughter was recommended to be in the drumline. We'll see how today goes.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We are supposed to have heavy rains for the next few days. Mother Nature is trying to make up for this summer I suppose.

Today my baby turns 11. :happy: Time flies. Today is also the beginning of 5th grade starter band to see which instruments the students are good at annnnnd my daughter was recommended to be in the drumline. We'll see how today goes.

Happy Birthday to her. Good luck to her with her choices. Drumline, best wishes to you. :inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member

Happy birthday to your dd and good luck to you!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I just found the chorus schedule for James in his room. Concerts are mandatory and at night. It might have been nice if he had given it to me when he got it. Now I can call his grandparents so they can work out who goes to which concerts. We can get only six tickets per family and we have to pay for them:banghead:

StarWarsGirl

I just found the chorus schedule for James in his room. Concerts are mandatory and at night. It might have been nice if he had given it to me when he got it. Now I can call his grandparents so they can work out who goes to which concerts. We can get only six tickets per family and we have to pay for them:banghead:
For goodness sake, I'm in college and we don't charge for tickets! I'm probably going to have at least my parents, one, maybe two friends, and other people with me. If I end up with a solo, probably more people will show.

StarWarsGirl

We get the most interesting recruiting emails. One person sends an email saying they're a convicted felon.
shocked+face.jpg

Well, at least they're honest.

Figgy1

Premium Member
For goodness sake, I'm in college and we don't charge for tickets! I'm probably going to have at least my parents, one, maybe two friends, and other people with me. If I end up with a solo, probably more people will show.
It's a big 3 dollars a ticket and kids who our on free or reduced lunch get theirs for free. We have an excellent music department we like to keep off the chopping block. They run a couple of fundraisers a year so as long as some outside money keeps going to art and music they leave things as is when state funding gets cut off. We've been very lucky the only thing our district has lost is horse therapy for life skills classes, autism support still has it and if you fall into the spectrum and are in LS you still get to go.

Cesar R M

Ariel batman cobra
Dr. Who Edward Fry
Ghosbusters Heman Ironman
Jason Khan Leonardo
Megaman Nosferafu Optimus Prime
Pikachu (dont know this one as its named different in spanish) Robocop
Saruman Tetsuo (akira) (same problem, superman enemies in superman's classic movie different name)
Vampire, Wonderwoman Xena
Yoda and Zombie

StarWarsGirl

Arent they supposed to say so by law?
I'm not sure if thats true, after all I'm not that into law ;)
An employer would generally ask during an application process. But it was bizarre because it wasn't "I am a convicted felon. I have been trying to keep my nose clean and to move past what happened." No, it was just, "I'm a convicted felon; can I still do this job?" The answer being no, you cannot, because you need a state license to do this job, and if you have a felony, the state is going to say no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom