The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

WE ARE HERE!

yesterday we did DHS. and it was so cool. especially for a star was fan :D

Backlot Cafe or something? burgers are amazing.

IMG_0334.jpg

Jawas are amazingly cool, actually one of my highlights.

IMG_0335.jpg

BEST CUP EVER

IMG_0324.jpg

Wooooohhhooooooo!!!
Glad y'all made it safe and sound!
Have a happy wedding and honeymoon, and a fabulous trip...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Yep, as the story goes Walt's ideas for the Haunted Mansion were a tad over the top. Trying to keep up with Walt's grand imagination all the while dealing with Walt's commitment to New York at the same time, a losing battle. He passed away and they reworked his visions and then it was possible to build and finish. The man did have an overactive but very creative imagination.

The attraction was originally conceived as a walk-thru with guests being taken on tour by a maid or butler, eventually ending in the "Museum of the Weird"
After Walt passed and they finally got serious about it again, they chose an omnimover (I believe this was after Walt passed) ride system. Also, Imagineer's Marc Davis and Claude Coats were a bit at odds about the tone of the attraction. Coats wanted it creepier and Davis wanted it lighter. They ended up meeting in the middle, and we have a true classic. :)

donaldtoo

THNX for the tip I know I can do an 11 minute mile with no problem, could mostly likely get that time down if needed

DWifey said she thought a 10 min. mile or less got you into corral A for the Princess 5K. I'll bet you could definitely knock another min. off your time. :) Plus, I don't think the 5Ks even require proof of time.
What about your hubby, though...? o_O ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The attraction was originally conceived as a walk-thru with guests being taken on tour by a maid or butler, eventually ending in the "Museum of the Weird"
After Walt passed and they finally got serious about it again, they chose an omnimover (I believe this was after Walt passed) ride system. Also, Imagineer's Marc Davis and Claude Coats were a bit at odds about the tone of the attraction. Coats wanted it creepier and Davis wanted it lighter. They ended up meeting in the middle, and we have a true classic. :)

Yep, the compromises came after Walt came. I'm still glad they kept his thoughts of pretty mansions vs a heap of disrepair look from outside. It is by far my favorite attraction in both DL and MK. On the top of my bucket list is to attend one of the special hard ticket event dinners in the Mansion.

Gabe1

Well the storms have been very nasty. We had a lot of rain in pretty short order and then we were hit again. So the lake is back down by the garage and we have multiple ponds around the back of the property. Guessing by dawn the RiverWalk will be underwater again.
Joy Joy!

Bright Side, I won't have to water the plants or the grass seed tomorrow. :happy:

Cesar R M

Well the storms have been very nasty. We had a lot of rain in pretty short order and then we were hit again. So the lake is back down by the garage and we have multiple ponds around the back of the property. Guessing by dawn the RiverWalk will be underwater again.
Joy Joy!

Bright Side, I won't have to water the plants or the grass seed tomorrow. :happy:
send me your rain, we have been hitting with very strong temps.

Gabe1

send me your rain, we have been hitting with very strong temps.

We needed rain, we didn't need flooding rain. Many areas still without power. Some strange accidents with these storms too.

During the thick of the storm my DD was at a convention center for the state of the state of the University annual employee blah blah blah by the President and the Board.

It ended and her boss was telling them he'd be in 'till about 2pm tomorrow and then off for at least a week as they were checking his wife into hospital to make the new baby be born. (my guess Doc didn't want to deliver a baby over the holiday weekend.)
They were then waiting out the storm to get to their cars....phone rings managers wife in labor but waited for meeting to be over.....Yep, he went out into the storm to his car. Bet he was mighty soggy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom